Welcoming Committee
13048 posts

Re: Who here doesn't care about Multiplayer AT ALL ???

May 16, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:
mmmmm....multiplayer should be like Uncharted 2 1.04 except with a The Last of Us twist.

Pretty much this.

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 60 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2013

Thank goodness youaren't a game designer. To say that the multiplayer for a stealth game should be like a multiplayer for an action shooter is the worst idea ever.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 60 (163 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2013

calcunnon wrote:

Thank goodness youaren't a game designer. To say that the multiplayer for a stealth game should be like a multiplayer for an action shooter is the worst idea ever.

I don't think we know that this is a stealth based multiplayer yet. I have more thoughts, but later...probably. ta tas for now.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 60 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13048 posts

May 18, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

calcunnon wrote:

I don't think we know that this is a stealth based multiplayer yet. I have more thoughts, but later...probably. ta tas for now.

It's not stealth based.

Example: Metal Gear Online would have been assumed to be a stealth multiplayer like it's Single Player counterpart.

It was pure action.

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 60 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

May 18, 2013
From the multiplayer files we've seen from the GOW demo, it's looking stealth/survival based.
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 60 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13048 posts

May 18, 2013

calcunnon wrote:
From the multiplayer files we've seen from the GOW demo, it's looking stealth/survival based.

I wouldn't count on it.

I'm guessing it will be more of an option rather than a requirement.

Well it's going to be an option, it's always an option in every game. Even if your not supposed to be stealthing it up in a game some people still do it.

It may end up being the best tactic to use for the game, but that isn't going to stop people playing it like an action game.

I actually hope you are right this time. I want something different from the usual run around and kill game. I don't get to hope I'm wrong much, this time I really want to be wrong.

But when I agree with it being like Uncharted 2, I don't mean from a action standpoint. I mean from a gameplay control, aiming recoil standpoint. Imagine Uncharted 3's recoil with limited ammo.. No one will be killing anything, at least not most new players and they'd all leave before they'd learn anything.

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 60 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

May 18, 2013
Yeah, of course it's always going to be an option, it's not like the game can force anyone to stay behind cover and sneak up behind people. What I mean is that the game modes and mechanics are constructed in such a way that heavily promotes behaving in a stealthy manner. Hopefully people who run around shooting at everything that moves will be at a serious disadvantage.
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 60 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

May 18, 2013
I wouldn't mind a stealth/survival mp..it's something new & it may be EPIC. Also handing out some serious damage with hand to hand combat would nice too.
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 60 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

May 18, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

But seriously, A lot of people say this game doesn't need MP because it's a story centric game. To that, I say bull****. Most of us will spend the most time on the multiplayer after playing the single player multiple times. I don't go to multiplayer for a story or immersion. I go to multiplayer to have fun with friends and to **** **** up.

Edit: profanity

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 60 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13048 posts

May 18, 2013

calcunnon wrote:
Yeah, of course it's always going to be an option, it's not like the game can force anyone to stay behind cover and sneak up behind people. What I mean is that the game modes and mechanics are constructed in such a way that heavily promotes behaving in a stealthy manner. Hopefully people who run around shooting at everything that moves will be at a serious disadvantage.

Amen.

I'm tired of the same games over and over, and that kind of describes every game out there, run around, shoot something, move on and copy it again.

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 60 (54 Views)
0 Likes