Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
1861 posts

Re: Who here don't plan to buy this?

Dec 10, 2012

Telekill wrote:
I never had any issues with Uncharted 3. I played it just the other night with no problems. I have the Slim 120GB. I wonder if its your PS3 model or maybe it's a group of users who's PS3's disc drives are starting to fail?

No bro its the technical fixes that ND promised but never dished out. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 26 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2121 posts

Dec 10, 2012

I only plan to buy this if the MP is good. I don't need a $60 single player game that isn't called MGS or GTA.

The MP being good is a huge "if" though. Hopefully it's not shipped in a broken state, and then patched 15 times thereafter.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 26 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Dec 10, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

The MP being good is a huge "if" though. Hopefully it's not shipped in a broken state, and then patched 15 times thereafter.

They are not even sure if they will release a MP beta or not... draw your own conclusions. :smileyindifferent:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 26 (148 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Dec 10, 2012

Telekill wrote:
I never had any issues with Uncharted 3. I played it just the other night with no problems. I have the Slim 120GB. I wonder if its your PS3 model or maybe it's a group of users who's PS3's disc drives are starting to fail?

highly unlikely. the disc didn't work RIGHT AFTER fw 4.10. can't be a coincidence. funny, because EVERYTHING ELSE works. PS1 games, DVDs, Blurays, PS3 games (yes, even other dual-layered bluray games like GOW3). so clearly, it's not a matter of UC3 being dual-layered (because other dual-layered games work). and even if you change your disc to ANY UC3 discs out there (be it an exchange from the store, or your friends' discs), ANY UC3 disc would not work.

there's something in fw 4.10 that was in conflict with UC3. i didn't bother to wait for the next FW update, because i know Sony takes too **bleep** long to update it. 4.10 came out feb 2012, and 4.13 came out last month. didn't want to wait that long, and clearly ND wasn't gonna fix anything, from the response that we got. and it wasn't the ps3 models. anything from the fat, to the slim, were affected.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 26 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Dec 11, 2012

I at least don't plan on buying this game right out of the gate because I'm wagering Naughty Dog will do something similar to the Fortune Hunter's club/season pass BS so I'll wait 'til the "full" thing comes out 6-12 months later. I'm also concerned about how the multiplayer will work, if at all, and if it will get progressively sketchier as more patches roll out.

There's great potential for some truly original multiplayer types but anything other than TDM probably won't make for a success in the broad scheme.

_________
I often find myself between a rock and a crazy place...
_________
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 26 (103 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3602 posts

Dec 11, 2012

I plan to get it on the 7th! Hoping that there will be a collectors edition. I have never had any problems with my copy of Uncharted 3.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 26 (93 Views)
0 Likes