Dec 10 2012
By: Rumba_Lumba Hekseville Citizen 300 posts

Who here don't plan to buy this?

25 replies 448 views Edited Dec 10, 2012

Because of what they experienced with Uncharted 3?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Please-read-if-spinning-ring-di...

301 messages, 31 pages, NO SOLUTIONS.

I, like most peeps here, have bought Uncharted 3 for $60 pre-ordered. I was part of both the MP beta of UC3 and UC2. I

but after PS3 got Firmware 4.00, my UC3 (along with others') just went unplayable i.e. the disc does not show up on the XMB.

I, like many others, have tried tweeting Naughty Dog, and never got any reply.

The solutions that Arne posted worked for only one guy, and his problems still came back, The closest of a solution we got?

"Your discs are dirty." which was, of course, utter bollocks.

My experience with UC3 turned me off big time. Why? Because I can't even play it. I, and hundreds of other peeps, paid the same $60 yet we got the short end of the stick.

I loved ND games, but if a developer isn't willing to find a solution for this kind of problem, then I refuse to support them as well. It's just unbelievable how they have constantly ignored this. They are Sony's top devs, so finding a solution shouldn't be THAT hard.

Message 1 of 26 (448 Views)
Last Guardian
8922 posts

Re: Who here don't plan to buy this?

Dec 10, 2012

Let's not have this discussion again. Smiley Very Happy

If you can't play Uncharted 3, I suggest you sell it. I can't play Killzone 3 with the latest patch installed which means I can't play the multiplayer. Yet Guerrilla Games haven't done anything to fix this error that have occurred to many others besides me. If you start not to buy games because their developers are "incompetent", I think you should stop buying video games altogether.

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 2 of 26 (433 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Dec 10, 2012

ID-69 wrote:

Let's not have this discussion again. Smiley Very Happy

If you can't play Uncharted 3, I suggest you sell it. I can't play Killzone 3 with the latest patch installed which means I can't play the multiplayer. Yet Guerrilla Games haven't done anything to fix this error that have occurred to many others besides me. If you start not to buy games because their developers are "incompetent", I think you should stop buying video games altogether.

The difference is that I can't load the game AT ALL. you can't play MP, that's it. I and a lot of people can't even get the game to show up on the XMB, meaning IT'S A WASTED $60+tax money. You can delete the game data, but even if we delete everything, the game won't load AT ALL.

there's a big difference. if you can't access the game at all, that's different from having issues with the MP part of the game.

they're not incompetent, they're Naughty Dog. meaning, they CAN fix this crap, they just chose not to. that's not incompetence, that's ignoring the people who paid for your game.

why should i stop buying games altogether? that's a stupid "reasoning'. "oh you're mad? then you should stop buying games!" seriously. I don't want to buy this because once you put down that $60, you can't get a refund once it's opened! and how would i know if this would turn out to be another UC3 before opening it? i can't. so the only thing i could do is sell it for a cheaper price even if it's totally brand new. not only do i not get to experience the game, i even gave up $5 + cost of gas + time.

Message 3 of 26 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Dec 10, 2012

Try deleting your game data (not the save data, just the installation file) then play another game, then make sure your disc is clean. That worked for me.

To answer your question: I don't think it'll happen again. UC3 was rushed and the technical fixes were clearly compromised. The Last of Us will have been under development for 3,5 years in by the time it comes out.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 4 of 26 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Dec 10, 2012

stentryk wrote:

Try deleting your game data (not the save data, just the installation file) then play another game, then make sure your disc is clean. That worked for me.

To answer your question: I don't think it'll happen again. UC3 was rushed and the technical fixes were clearly compromised. The Last of Us will have been under development for 3,5 years in by the time it comes out.

believe me, i've tried everything.

i have played UC3, both SP and MP and i even got to level 32. after Sony came out with FW 4.00, i couldn't load UC3 anymore (as did other players). so clearly, it's not a coincidence nor was it a "dirty disc" issue (which was utterly stupid).

Message 5 of 26 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
8922 posts

Dec 10, 2012

Then don't pre-order it but borrow it from a friend or buy it preowned. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 6 of 26 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Dec 10, 2012

ID-69 wrote:

Then don't pre-order it but borrow it from a friend or buy it preowned. 

except you get perks for pre-ordering.

but i plan on buying it pre-owned. my UC3 experience was such a letdown (and i don't mean the game content). it was the best UC game out of the 3 (yes, sue me you UC2 fanboys), and I wanna play the SP again but i can't unless i get a new PS3 or something. ugh. me and hundreds of people out there, i might add.

Message 7 of 26 (410 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
354 posts

Dec 10, 2012

If you DON'T get this game, something is seriously wrong with you. I don't care how much of a fiasco U3 may have been, there's no way in hell I'd pass up a game of this quality.

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 8 of 26 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Dec 10, 2012

harrisj16 wrote:

If you DON'T get this game, something is seriously wrong with you. I don't care how much of a fiasco U3 may have been, there's no way in hell I'd pass up a game of this quality.

so something is wrong with someone who doesn't want to waste $60 on a potentially unplayable game.

UC3 was a quality game, but how can you play a quality game if the disc/game data/etc. isn't of quality? i don't know if you can't read or not, but i've already said the problems of UC3 weren't game content-related. there was something wrong with the disc, because no matter how much i (and others) tried other UC3 discs than our own, the results were the same.

that's like trying to watch Batman Begins on a Bluray player than won't load the movie. we don't want to buy The Dark Knight NOT because we think TDR wouldn't be of quality, but because we don't wanna waste our money on essentially a brick, unplayable Bluray. get it now?

Message 9 of 26 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
354 posts

Dec 10, 2012

I don't quite understand how this could be a "potentially unplayable game". You're worried that because your copy of U3 doesn't work, a copy of TLOU won't work either? I doubt TLOU will have whatever issue your copy of U3 has. And if somehow it does, all you have to do is take your copy of TLOU and the receipt back to the retailer and get your 60 bucks back. 

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 10 of 26 (380 Views)