Jun 25 2013
By: TJByrum Hekseville Citizen 359 posts

Who is Having Problems with Ellie?

13 replies 554 views Edited Jun 25, 2013

I've read on countless forums about the pathfinding for Ellie and other characters.  People complain that they don't like how she can run around and be seen without consequence, but there's already a thread on that (and I think people need to understand how horrible it'd be if Ellie could give your location away).

I'm talking the complaining about how Ellie runs around in front of enemies and even bumps into them.  I don't understand how this is happening.

When I play Ellie stays right on my heels.  She's always behind me, crouching, and she always takes cover behind stuff, usually it is the same piece of cover I am behind.  When I move around, she follows right behind me.

Never in the game have I ever seen Ellie bump into enemies, or even move in front of them.  I don't see how some players manage to get Joel and Ellie on two different sides of the room with an enemy between them.  Ellie, if her AI is like in my game, should be directly behind you at all times and should never be separated enough to where she's on the other side of the room.

I've never experienced this problem.

4. Mass Effect 2
Message 1 of 14 (554 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
723 posts

Re: Who is Having Problems with Ellie?

Jun 25, 2013

I haven't had an issue with Ellie per se but early in the game when you have more than one friendly with you the game didn't always know what to do with the 3rd person and they would walk right in front of enemies/hide next to enemies etc w/o consequence.

Message 2 of 14 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Haven't had issues with the AI. Maybe some people are, or they just want attention.

"I heard someone got executed today" "Really, what for?" "Uniform violation I **** you not."
Message 3 of 14 (535 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Only once in the game did I have a moment where Ellie ran in front of an enemy but that wasn't too bad, making a good AI is pretty hard anyway.

Message 4 of 14 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Its happened to me a few times.
Sometimes they block you from moving and it is just horrible.
In the subway with Tess and Ellie a clicker is inching up on me and my AI partners blocked me! I was so scared but luckily got outta that one.
Message 5 of 14 (518 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Once in a great while, she would run in front of enemies, but nothing that ruined the experience for me. It rarely happened.

Message 6 of 14 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

Jun 25, 2013
How can anyone have a problem with Ellie when she cant even get spotted, lol
TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 7 of 14 (499 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Ellie is probably the best companion AI in games I have played so far. She helps me out a lot. She stabs the guys that choke me. She stuns them with bricks/bottles. She points out where the enemies are located. She even points out what kind of gun they have. She says like "Oh sh!t Joel, that guy got a shotgun". And sometimes she stabs them to death. And when I held one of them as a hostage, she makes sure that they won't do anything stupid, if they do, well she shoots them.

Message 8 of 14 (469 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1027 posts

Jun 25, 2013
It happened constantly for me, non-stop. She was always running in front of enemies (no matter the type) and bumping into them, at some points she actually got stuck on hunters. And it wasnt just her, the other partners you have did the same. If they werent in front of bumping into enemies, they were constantly sprinting making a load of noise whilst i was trying to be stealth, not that it broke the stealth, they dont exist as far as enemies are concerned, but it did still suck.
Message 9 of 14 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4448 posts

Jun 25, 2013

See enemies can't see friendly AI

2013-06-16-024816.jpg

I am acting all stealthy but Tess is standing in broad sight for this guy to see her but he doesn't react or anything and she apparently is trying to look through stacked crates?

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 10 of 14 (373 Views)
0 Likes