Jun 30 2013
By: mani60cent Lombax Warrior 88 posts

Who plays the largest role in deciding if there is a sequel?

5 replies 174 views Edited Jun 30, 2013
Lets say that naughty dog are planning to make The last of us 2, who would play the largest role in giving a sequel the green light? Would it be Neil druckmann? Bruce? Or would Sony be the one to tell them to make a sequel? Just curious.
Message 1 of 6 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Re: Who plays the largest role in deciding if there is a sequel?

Jun 30, 2013

I think Naughty Dog is like a team, they ask from others if they'd like the feeling of creating a sequel. Of course Sony might request it, but if ND could not come up with good story (Impossible, I know), they could refuse the request.

Of course Bruce or Neil could be the one that have the idea for a sequel, just that if the other people in Naughty Dog like it. But since they were in the making of first The Last of Us, I fail to see why their ideas would not be good. Smiley Happy

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 2 of 6 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Jun 30, 2013
^ sales will probably play a large role too, I remember Neil saying that there are many people in the studio that would love to come back to Joel and Ellie, so I hope that plays a role as well.
Message 3 of 6 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013

mani60cent wrote:
^ sales will probably play a large role too, I remember Neil saying that there are many people in the studio that would love to come back to Joel and Ellie, so I hope that plays a role as well.

Agreed, plus the feedback from the community plays some role too. They're not intending to make another game if people didn't want it (since it would hurt the sales, lol), but I would get TLoU 2 if it was similarly emotional than TLoU. Just please don't make Ellie die then. :s

"Naughty Dog. Pleeeeeease?" -Ellie (near the end of Fall)

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 4 of 6 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013
^ I think they can pull it off, TLOU2 will be at the same level if not even better at gripping you to it's story. They have already sealed the deal because everyone loves the world and its characters, it's their call now. I just hope Naughty dog sees what the fans see.
Message 5 of 6 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Jun 30, 2013

I would love a part 2. this is probably the best game i've ever played such a emotional rollercoaster. how certain pieces would fit into eachother story wise. or world wise.  certain symbolisms. the story telling, the acting just simply amazing. some people say that when they are going to make a part 2 they dont want ellie and joel back but i think why not? those 2 have such a good chemistry why ruin it? i mean ellie her personality is just amazing. and if you are contemplating wether you should continue with these characters ATLEAST continue with ellie. as i said her personality is very interesting. very refreshing you have so many possibilities.

anyhow I wont spoil anything but this is simply the best game i've ever played even so that when i finished it i didn't really know what to do with my life for a second. the story totally consumed me. as if i went on that same journey (i bet this was also ND's idea) 

those are my 2 cents on the sequel. i dont really care about the story. i care about the characters.. the story can be anything. just as if it where real anything can happen in a world like that.. i just want it to continue with joel and ellie or atleast (sorry joel Smiley Sad ) with ellie.

Message 6 of 6 (123 Views)
0 Likes