Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 04 2013
By: calcunnon Treasure Hunter 5307 posts

Why I hated the radar, but now love it

25 replies 573 views Edited Jun 4, 2013
I'm a stealth player, so when I discovered there was going to be a radar, I panicked. How can you sneak around when people know your location all the time?

Then I learned that a player will only show on the radar when they're sprinting. This really promotes the use of stealth gameplay to people, and also acts as a disadvantage to run-and-gun players. It looks as though sneaking around slowly will be the preferred way to play the game.

Given this information, how do you feel about the radar now?

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_last_of_us/b/ps3/archive/2013/06/03/naughty-dog-breaks-down-th...
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 26 (573 Views)
Splicer
72 posts

Re: Why I hated the radar, but now love it

Jun 4, 2013

I was worried but not anymore thanks for posting this calcunnon.:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 26 (561 Views)
Splicer
59 posts

Jun 4, 2013
multiplayers looking up
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 26 (559 Views)
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Well said, cal.

If shooting and sprinting and maybe marking is the only ways to pop up on radar, I'll be fine with it. It's a penalty to the Run-&-gun crowd. So best be careful

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 26 (554 Views)
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Jun 4, 2013

calcunnon wrote:
I'm a stealth player, so when I discovered there was going to be a radar, I panicked. How can you sneak around when people know your location all the time?

Then I learned that a player will only show on the radar when they're sprinting. This really promotes the use of stealth gameplay to people, and also acts as a disadvantage to run-and-gun players. It looks as though sneaking around slowly will be the preferred way to play the game.

Given this information, how do you feel about the radar now?

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_last_of_us/b/ps3/archive/2013/06/03/naughty-dog-breaks-down-th...

Encouraging stealth and careful navigation around the map, who wouldn't love that?

Sounds great to me.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 26 (502 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013
Without it, players will probably going to play this MP like Uncharted.
So yeah, probably a good addition.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 26 (470 Views)
Sackboy
520 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

But Listen Mode will detect you, unless you're standing still or crouch walking (AND have that booster). If you wanna be sneaky, you gotta commit, by getting that booster. But if you don't wanna go so slowly, you might as well get another booster in its stead. Then you avoid sprinting, but don't crawl so much, cause it wouldn't make much of  difference (basically, you jog). I'm liking it.

The radar also shows the location of the crates, which is a very important thing for beginners, seeing as the crates are pretty much the core of the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 26 (434 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

Jun 4, 2013

I agree, the more stealth is promoted, the better. I actually never had a problem with the radar though, I liked the idea from the start because I could use it to spot enemies.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 26 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13336 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

The radar is a good idea.

But it all will depend on two things. If it becomes an action killer. I mean stealth is all fine and good, but if it becomes a case of not being able to find people for long periods of time then that could be a problem.

There is also a booster that allows you to not be seen right? I wonder if that counters the sprint radar thing. If so I'd be a little disappointed since everyone who wants to play the game wrong will be using it.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 26 (357 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jun 4, 2013

lOOL???   u appear on radar WHEN U SHOT !!  xD

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 26 (337 Views)
0 Likes