Fender Bender
2318 posts

Re: Why I hated the radar, but now love it

Jun 4, 2013

calcunnon wrote:
Good, I'll be able to see them on radar and get a kill. Thank you, careless people!

The good thing is that even if we didn't have a radar you'd still be able to defend yourself pretty easily if you know what you're doing, unlike in AC.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 26 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 4, 2013

I guess the radar isn't too bad after all. 

Glowing through walls on the other hand is and so is call-out. 

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 26 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jun 4, 2013
I suppose we'll have to see. At this point in time it looks to me as though these "SA" features are really anti-run-and-gun play style, which gets a thumbs up from me. Whether or not it actually works out that way is another matter.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 26 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 4, 2013
If call-out works the same way as it does in U3 all you'll have to do is point your gun at someone, and from what I understood it seems like glowing through walls was the evolution of an upgraded call-out.

That sounds awful. Not sure if ND can pull that one off.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 26 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jun 4, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:
If call-out works the same way as it does in U3 all you'll have to do is point your gun at someone, and from what I understood it seems like glowing through walls was the evolution of an upgraded call-out.

That sounds awful. Not sure if ND can pull that one off.

Tagging (that's what they're calling it in TLOU) has a specific button assigned to it on the controller map, so I'm guessing you have to do it manually.

Also you get rewarded for Tagging opponents, so actually I'm pretty sure it's a manual effort.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 26 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

Jun 4, 2013

^You have this tagging in Battlefield, too.

RedLegend14 wrote:

calcunnon wrote:
Good, I'll be able to see them on radar and get a kill. Thank you, careless people!

The good thing is that even if we didn't have a radar you'd still be able to defend yourself pretty easily if you know what you're doing, unlike in AC.

You can defend yourself in AC quite well. And sprinting is generally punished, too, although it is useful in some cases. I wish TLOU MP had more elements of AC's MP.

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

Except, in a few weeks or months I'm worried that everyone will use stealth class and stealth boosters and the radar will become useless.

EDIT: spelling

That would mean people would be crawling all the time. Seems like a good pace control mechanic for me. Besides. I actually think the classes will be distributed quite well. I'm actually more interested in support, so far. Sounds very Battlefieldish.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 26 (37 Views)
0 Likes