I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Re: Why The Last Of Us was disappointing? (not a rant)

Jan 28, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:
If you play a certain way, you won't get the same interactions as in the demo.

Simple as that. 

That's not what ND told journalists. They said each path the player takes is well crafted, and gets the same treat, they even released the same demo played differently to prove their statement.

What can you do in the extended demo that you can't do in the retail game?

Nitpicking, but it's the little details that count

1, Joel doesn't say anything when grabbing a foe at gunpoint anymore

2, Foes don't search desks for supplies anymore

3, No camera lean

4, No crouch sprint

5, It doesn't feel as intense when punching a foe with a brick and the brick doesn't disintergrates itslef into dust

6, Foes rarely, nervously shoot.

7, Foes don't come from behind grab your gun and punch you in the face

8, Foes have unlimited molotov and ammo

9, And finally the foes are classified. There is the melee guy, the molotov guy, the shot gun guy, the pistol guy, the rifle guy and so on. They are no longer just survivors

Message 11 of 125 (7,775 Views)
Naughty Paw
11591 posts

Jan 28, 2014

plaZeHD7 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

Simple as that. 

That's not what ND told journalists. They said each path the player takes is well crafted, and gets the same treat, they even released the same demo played differently to prove their statement.

3, No camera lean

4, No crouch sprint

5, It doesn't feel as intense when punching a foe with a brick and the brick doesn't disintergrates itslef into dust

9, And finally the foes are classified. There is the melee guy, the molotov guy, the shot gun guy, the pistol guy, the rifle guy and so on. They are no longer just survivors

I'm talking about AI.

All those things are changed due to balance and optimization.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 12 of 125 (7,771 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jan 28, 2014

Bruce_Wayne_1989 wrote:
Yeah they might not be able to see you crouch running to cover, but they could hear you, it would have been a good way to get out of sticky situations without getting you **bleep** shot off, and they could have made the disarming a fast paced random QTE, so if you messed up and pressed the wrong button you get shot and take damage. It could have worked Smiley Sad

The thing is they could have done all that. It's not like they haven't done it before. There are numerous disarm animations in Uncharted 3, but they completely removed it for some reason.

Message 13 of 125 (7,769 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jan 28, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:

PlaZeHD7 wrote:

2, Foes don't search through desks for supplies anymore

3, No camera lean

4, No crouch sprint

I'm talking about AI.

There are some AI stuff in that list.

"Due to blance and optimization" then why bother lying to people?

Message 14 of 125 (7,767 Views)
Naughty Paw
11591 posts

Jan 28, 2014

plaZeHD7 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

PlaZeHD7 wrote:

2, Foes don't search through desks for supplies anymore

3, No camera lean

4, No crouch sprint

I'm talking about AI.

There are some AI stuff in that list.

"Due to blance and optimization" then why bother lying to people?

Lying? About what? 

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 15 of 125 (7,765 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Jan 28, 2014

Bruce_Wayne_1989 wrote:
Yeah they might not be able to see you crouch running to cover, but they could hear you, it would have been a good way to get out of sticky situations without getting you **bleep** shot off, and they could have made the disarming a fast paced random QTE, so if you messed up and pressed the wrong button you get shot and take damage. It could have worked Smiley Sad

So..... you don't like a good challenge?

young beard signature
Message 16 of 125 (7,761 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Jan 28, 2014

plaZeHD7 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

Simple as that. 

3, No camera lean

4, No crouch sprint

In the E3 demo, no one was classified? Why? There were the people with pistols and the people with planks/pipes... how is that not classified? As for most of them... I could care less. And yes, the AI DOES in fact come behind to punch (or hold your arms still). Honestly, it's just an E3 demo. How many E3 demos have actually been an accurate portrayal of the actual game?. And this has been discussed in the past. Why did you feel the need to bring this can-of-worms topic when it's already been discussed? BTW, if you bought the game JUST for AI.... then I honestly feel that it would be money spent unwisely...

young beard signature
Message 17 of 125 (7,755 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2014

YoungBeard wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

Simple as that. 

1, Joel doesn't say anything when grabbing a foe at gunpoint anymore

3, No camera lean

4, No crouch sprint

In the E3 demo, no one was classified? Why? There were the people with pistols and the people with planks/pipes... how is that not classified? As for most of them... I could care less. And yes, the AI DOES in fact come behind to punch (or hold your arms still). Honestly, it's just an E3 demo. How many E3 demos have actually been an accurate portrayal of the actual game?. And this has been discussed in the past. Why did you feel the need to bring this can-of-worms topic when it's already been discussed? BTW, if you bought the game JUST for AI.... then I honestly feel that it would be money spent unwisely...

I mean like in character model. For instance all of the moltov guys in the game are blad, wear red suits and gas masks. A regular foe can't throw a moltov.

They do come from behind and choke you, but they don't grab your gun and punch you in the face like in the demo.

Uncharted 3 was pretty accurate, Uncharted 2 also had a pretty accurate demo, but I learnt something, from now on I will never trust demos.

Message 18 of 125 (7,751 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Jan 28, 2014

Well obviously, they can't make literally a thousand different character models........ you would need more time or a powerful stystem. Even games like GTA and Red Dead use the same character models. And I honestly don't care. As long as the gameplay is good (which in my opnion, it is) then the game's character models can be ignored...

young beard signature
Message 19 of 125 (7,744 Views)
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Jan 28, 2014

personally I dont feel the retail version is inferior to the E3 demo. I agree with Akyemeni most things were changed for optimization and balancing plus, I usually alway take demo or showcases with a grain of salt since most things are subject to change during developement.

The only thing I felt was disappointing was the simplistic puzzles espescially when compared to uncharted.I understand they used the ladder as storytelling device but most people would agree that it got way too repititous.   I really hope TLOU2 adds puzzles between the difficulty of uncharted and god of war but add a sense of urgency similar to when Joel, Ellie, Henry and Sam had to escape the sewer or Joel having to escape the basement with the generator. If done the right way it could really and to game.

I felt the last chapter could have had some cool survival type puzzle instead of that so call "EPIC" battle between the Fireflies. Seriously looking back on it that hospital had great potential.

Capture the Ellie game mode...you know put her in your backpack and stuff
Message 20 of 125 (7,737 Views)
0 Likes