Feb 14 2014
By: Ryuu-jin882 Wastelander 800 posts

Why Valentine's Day? ***Left Behind Spoilers***

7 replies 304 views Edited Feb 14, 2014

It all makes sense now. The awkwardness, the playfulness and then the kiss. Not a coincidence that it was released on Valentine's Day. How romantic.

What did you think of the kiss/the progression to it?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
613 posts

Re: Why Valentine's Day? ***Left Behind Spoilers***

Feb 15, 2014
Confirmed Ellie is gay and I somewhat already knew it way before the dlc
good kid, m.A.A.d city #TDE

#Kendrick Lamar
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
585 posts

Feb 15, 2014

Eh, I really don't get why everyone is so quick to assume she's a lesbian. There's also such a thing as being bisexual too, you know? Besides, what's wrong with it?

In my opinion, Ellie was just expressing her appreciation for Riley's decision in the best way she knew. They were both very good friends, and Ellie didn't have any others so she's cherishing Riley as best as she can. There's also the fact she hasn't had any male friends - that are close anyway - so it was only a matter of time until those teenage urges popped the lid.

I won't rule out the possibility of her being gay but I think people are over-reacting. But seriously, what does it matter??

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (229 Views)
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Feb 15, 2014

It was predictable and clumsy. An obvious attempt to convey the kind of intense emotion they successfully managed in TLoU, but failed here by making it as subtle a sledgehammer.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
800 posts

Feb 15, 2014

McLean1984 wrote:

It was predictable and clumsy. An obvious attempt to convey the kind of intense emotion they successfully managed in TLoU, but failed here by making it as subtle a sledgehammer.

Good point!

My reaction was that of akwardness. I thought maybe that scene had happened because I chose love in the photo booth. But after picking friends on my second run the scene was unchanged. Anyway, who says she has to be gay or bi? She's 13 I think at that time. She is just expressing her emotion.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10833 posts

Feb 15, 2014

Who cares if Ellie is gay, bi or straight? We know she's "too young", but in her world and in her view, things are completely different. You can't understand how a gay/bi person thinks if you're straight and vice-versa. Let alone in a world where it's dangerous to make any noise.

I don't really care about her sexuality, but the kiss scene gave me that awkward feelings as well, not in a homophobic way, more like: "wow, they really did that?!".

& i like how some people got really mad or thought it'd be completely impossible for Ellie to have feelings for Riley. The idea is so taboo... we live in the year 2014 and the idea of someone being gay is still wrong for some people... sigh.

In my opinion the scene was supposed to be unique to every player, one person could think Ellie is lesbian, others think that was just a goodbye kiss or "friendly kiss". I think ND did a good job on that, letting the player use their imagination, the love theme between the two wasn't explored much after the kiss scene, which was the only scene where the two girls had a chemistry.

&  @Lt_K4RL0S nice siggy, lol. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Feb 15, 2014

It wasn't as subtle as I'd like it to be, scenes like the photo booth among others gave it away so it could have had even more impact.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (145 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3736 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2014

I'm amazed "the kiss" is even a thing. It's been brought up in so many of the LB threads today. It's perfectly normal and not even worth mentioning, in my opinion. loved the DLCThe VD release was fitting, indeed. :smileyhappy:

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (130 Views)
0 Likes