Sackboy
526 posts

Re: Why am I placed in this MP match?

Jun 23, 2013

I agree with you completely. Having a party is important BUT the matchmaking based off the "level" isn't that great. I've had similar experiences. Everyone keeps saying to get a party and that will solve the problem. That isn't always the case. They have played way more games than my team and I, they know the ins and the outs, and they've had better practice at everything. There are much less times where I have a crappy team and we beat a team filled with better players and much more times where we lose. I'm not crying for this to get fixed asap or something, because I can still do well and sometimes the team can pull off the win, but still, I wish it was more even.

Message 21 of 24 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jun 24, 2013

@M37h3w3 The Multiplayer is as fun as you make it. Just because you can't have fun and lose doesn't mean other people can't.  Who are their peers though? Other people around their level? Im sure there are few people that are searching at the same time as them that are around their level. So what if nobdy that is around their level searching at the same time as them? Should the game not just put them in a game at all? Also please explain how good players rank up faster than others if you rank up by how many games you play. So if a good team plays a bad team and the game ends in about 10 minutes they both ranked up exactly the same in the same amount of time. Seems like you are looking for a perfect system where only the same level of people should be allowed to play with each other. I guess people wouldn't be able to play with their friends then if that was the case because eventually one friend would be higher ranked than the other friend.

@TwistedAvenger Yes there are advantages to playing more such as those that you mentioned. But to go on the forums and complain about some one having those advantages just becaust they have played more than you or because you haven't played enough is just stupid. There are also thousands of people playing onlinne you don't just have to add those you know in real life or the best people online. As long as the people you are playing with have mics and communicate well you should be fine but if you want to continue to get pub stomped then continue to play by your self and complaining on the forums i'm sure it will get you far. (Not talking to you specifically just every one in general). Also Naughty dog is making a playlist for those who want to play solo and not play against a party. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Quick-update-on-what-s-in-the-work...

@luctiger98 Just about every MP level system isn't based on skill. There are actually few that are based on skill. The ones that are level you up or down depending if you win or lose. I'm not saying he would have won if he "got better" but i'm sure he would of put up a better fight since this game is so team orrientated. I wan't trying to be rude the fact is if he wants to win most of his gams he has to play in a party instead of depending on random people just like every other Multiplayer.

Message 22 of 24 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Yeah, I can level with you there. Honestly speaking though I have never played in a party and I think my Supply Raid K/D and clan count are both pretty decent, I don't want to say them because I don't want to come off as bragging.

But if the situation the OP has left has actually happened to me, I would be pretty frustrated myself.

Theres a lot of weird stuff about this multiplayer, I mean with the clan stuff and all. The game doesnt even show your win/loss ratio on the Leaderboards so in the end I don't even care about winning or losing, the only thing I care about is achieving my supply quota. Its weird, when our team loses but I get enough supplies, I feel content; when our team wins by a landslide I am disappointed because I didnt get enough supplies.

I'm kinda doing this for the trophies and to platinum this game, even though the MP is fun. I just wish they would add a casual game type where you don't gain or lose supplies, so then I can actually focus on winning rather than getting supplies
Message 23 of 24 (57 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Fixed! Next update with have a mode that doesn't allow parties. The parties have to fight against other parties, and randoms will fight other randoms. It will be much more fair for everyone.

Message 24 of 24 (43 Views)
0 Likes