Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 23 2013
By: M37h3w3 First Son 11 posts

Why am I placed in this MP match?

[ Edited ]
23 replies 378 views Edited Jun 23, 2013

As I speak I'm currently dying, repeatedly, to a full party of players, with mics, with what I'm assuming are their skill ranks of 32, 24, 22 and a (lol) 6. Ours is 4, 2, 0 and 4 again. They are utterly destroying us and are furthering compounding their lead with improved arms and body armor. Their point lead was so huge that a comeback win was a laughable idea.

Simple question: Why was I and my team of randoms chosen to lose against these players? Why am I placed into a no win situation of either quitting out and letting my population suffer or lose and still see my population suffer. Why are these players not placed against another similarly skilled party of players?

Message 1 of 24 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Re: Why am I placed in this MP match?

Jun 23, 2013

M37h3w3 wrote:
As I speak I'm currently dying, repeatedly, to a full party of players, with mics, with what I'm assuming are their skill ranks of 32, 24, 22 and a (lol) 6. Ours is 4, 2, 0 and 4 again. They are utterly destroying us and are furthering compounding their lead with improved arms and body armor. Their point lead was so huge that a comeback win was a laughable idea. Simple question: Why was I and my team of randoms chosen to lose against these players? Why am I placed into a no win situation of either quitting out and letting my population suffer or lose and still see my population suffer. Why are these players not placed against another similarly skilled party of players?

if you really have an issue, get together with friends, or ask people on the forums to help out. Communication is key at this game and you cant complain when that lacks and you lose. the reason you are put into these matches is because its most ideal with your connection.

Message 2 of 24 (369 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jun 23, 2013

It's not their skill level, it's just the level system that naughty dog has. You level up by how many games you play so even if you lose every game you will still level up. Has nothing to do with skill. Each 7 games you play you level up once.

Message 3 of 24 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 23, 2013
Lol I think it is a safe assumption that someone who has played more games is usually better than someone who has played less or hasnt at all (week 0)
Message 4 of 24 (358 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jun 23, 2013

That's not always the case.

Message 5 of 24 (352 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 23, 2013

theklassklown wrote:

M37h3w3 wrote:
As I speak I'm currently dying, repeatedly, to a full party of players, with mics, with what I'm assuming are their skill ranks of 32, 24, 22 and a (lol) 6. Ours is 4, 2, 0 and 4 again. They are utterly destroying us and are furthering compounding their lead with improved arms and body armor. Their point lead was so huge that a comeback win was a laughable idea. Simple question: Why was I and my team of randoms chosen to lose against these players? Why am I placed into a no win situation of either quitting out and letting my population suffer or lose and still see my population suffer. Why are these players not placed against another similarly skilled party of players?

if you really have an issue, get together with friends, or ask people on the forums to help out. Communication is key at this game and you cant complain when that lacks and you lose.

Communication is key in every MP game.

Yes they were using it and yes we weren't but that wasn't the only reason we got rolled. It's just another feather in their cap as to how much better thery were at us.

Why weren't they segragated and playing other full parties communicating with each other?

the reason you are put into these matches is because its most ideal with your connection.

So matchmaking quality is going to be completley random to ensure that me getting my head caved in with a 2x4 is as smooth as possible?

That's ridiculous.

Message 6 of 24 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 23, 2013

well either that, or invincible enemies because youre lagging like a **bleep**

and like I said dont play alone, its a team orientated game where you cant trust randoms, make friends if you have none

Message 7 of 24 (333 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 23, 2013
So the middle ground option has been consumed by fungus then?
Message 8 of 24 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jun 23, 2013

yes

Message 9 of 24 (325 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts