Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2678 posts

Re: Why are there so many Cuss Words in the Game play?

Jul 9, 2012

JETREADY wrote:

"M" for mature? Cursing like a sailor make you MATURE??  Some say it make is seem more real? Ummmm yeah like the grenade indicator dose.LOL  I think there are too many M rated games and developers are feeling the back lash of NO SALE from good parents that care.

LOL.  you miss the point entirely.  M rated games are made for and sold to adults.  Children can not purchase these games.  Parents have no say, whether they care or not, about what video games their adult children play.  I am 33 years old.  Do you really think my 64 year old mother is going to call me in disapprovement of my choice of video game?  LOL.  Do you think some 19 or 21 year old college kid is going to be getting disapproving phone calls from their parents due to their choice of video game to play?

This game is rated M, made for and sold to adults.  Guess what?  Adults swear.... a lot.  

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 37 (1,128 Views)
Sackboy
469 posts

Re: Why are there so many Cuss Words in the Gameplay?

Jul 9, 2012
I'm fine with swearing, I hear the F-Bomb being dropped about 50x a day (overestimate, but you get the point) I'm cool with it, but that doesn't mean I approve of it.
Personally I'd still buy this game, be cool with the swearing, and enjoy the game for what it is, a game where swearing is normal and acceptable because of the situation-a world rampaged with monsters and no way to get food or other supplies.
Even though I understand what's going on and accept it, most of my friends won't understand.

In short: I am 100% OK with the amount of swearing in this game, but the people I live with and are around are not ok with it.

This leaves me with a choice: play on mute (with subtitles) and not get the full experience or play with sound and get unapproving looks from my friends and family.
Sig Code:
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 37 (1,116 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
864 posts

Re: Why are there so many Cuss Words in the Game play?

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2012

JETREADY wrote:

"M" for mature? Cursing like a sailor make you MATURE??  Some say it make is seem more real? Ummmm yeah like the grenade indicator dose.LOL  I think there are too many M rated games and developers are feeling the back lash of NO SALE from good parents that care.

When a game is rated M, it does not imply in any way that playing it makes you "more mature" :smileyindifferent: It means that the game is aimed toward adults and that age range. Simple as that. It's like watching a rated R movie and getting upset when they say the f-word when the movie was rated accordingly.

It is NOT the developers job to censor their own creations in order to "babysit" kids who should not be playing these games to begin with. It is the parents job. I hate the idea that people need to censor their own artwork/music/movies/games just because the parents don't understand that it's their job to watch what their kids are playing/watching/listening to.

The game has cursing in it. The game will be rated accordingly. The ball is in your court, not theirs. 

Also, let's not pretend that we don't ever hear these words every day in music and movies. C'mon.

The swearing is fine. It is realistic given the context of the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 37 (1,107 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jul 12, 2012
Sure, go round snapping necks and shooting people between the eyes, but god forbid your precious little ears should have to hear some expletives.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 37 (1,071 Views)
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Jul 14, 2012

Shut the f... up, it is world without rules... so go f... your self

Youtube Raew CZ
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 37 (1,037 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jul 23, 2012

Why is everyone complaining about curse words... it's M rated game for f*** sake! Get over it! Is there a bunch of 13 year olds on here or what? omg..naughty language *gasp*

Originally, I came to these forums to find a release date, but if all these pansies with virgin ears get their way, I may not buy this game. Mainly because it will be so censored, it'll be worthless.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 37 (996 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jul 23, 2012
It won't get censored, theses kiddies have no impact on the game.
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 37 (992 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Jul 23, 2012

I found something rather quite interesting. If you like at the response to comment 29 Eric says"it’s something we will consider for sure." So there is a possibility a language filter will be included. /thread

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/07/13/the-last-of-us-bills-safe-house-cinematic/

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 37 (985 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
962 posts

Jul 23, 2012
Maybe if ND is nice they'll add a baby mode where the people don't swear. COD had one that blocked out the f word.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 37 (980 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
962 posts

Jul 23, 2012
This actually reminds me of the far cry 3 trailer. At the beginning theirs a topless chick and her **bleep** are painted. So everyone complains about that, not about how a guy gets a piece of metal jabbed into his neck about 30 seconds later.

Funny world.
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 37 (979 Views)
0 Likes