Jul 10 2013
By: WinterEdit Sackboy 564 posts

Why does no-one... (No spoilers!)

[ Edited ]
9 replies 266 views Edited Jul 10, 2013

... walk around with a full medieval metal armor in The Last of Us? Sure, it'd be heavy but at least you'd be protected from Infected bites.

Just curious. Smiley Tongue

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 1 of 10 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Re: Why does no-one... (No spoilers!)

Jul 10, 2013

WinterEdit wrote:

... walk around with a full medieval metal armor in The Last of Us? Sure, it'd be heavy but at least you'd be protected from Infected bites.

My question to you is how does one arrow break all the armor but the equivalent to that is a shot from a handheld shotgun? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 2 of 10 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Jul 10, 2013
Can you imagine encountering a bloater while in a heavy set of armor such as the one you describe. He would be faster and stronger than you, and you would be decapitated in a matter of seconds. Infected bites aren't the only thing to worry about in the world of the Last of Us.
Message 3 of 10 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Jul 10, 2013

Bashilir wrote:

WinterEdit wrote:

My question to you is how does one arrow break all the armor but the equivalent to that is a shot from a handheld shotgun? 

The world may never know...

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 4 of 10 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4328 posts

Jul 10, 2013

WinterEdit wrote:

Would you really want to topple over wearing all that armor and be swarmed by the infected only to just lie there like a turtle on its back waiting to be killed?

Photobucket
Message 5 of 10 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2013

Sub-Xero wrote:

WinterEdit wrote:

Would you really want to topple over wearing all that armor and be swarmed by the infected only to just lie there like a turtle on its back waiting to be killed?

Well at least I wouldn't become a mushroom, some plus-points in that... and maybe you could do makeshift armor from things like wooden panels instead of iron so it wouldn't be that heavy. :s

... I have no life.
Message 6 of 10 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Jul 10, 2013

WinterEdit wrote:

Wouldn't you just get swarmed by a large group of infected, toppled over, then they would just pummel you into the dirt until the metal breaks away - it's hard to get back on your feet in medievil armor.

>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 7 of 10 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4328 posts

Jul 10, 2013

WinterEdit wrote:

Sub-Xero wrote:

WinterEdit wrote:

Well at least I wouldn't become a mushroom, some plus-points in that... and maybe you could do makeshift armor from things like wooden panels instead of iron so it wouldn't be that heavy. :s

Would is heavy too ya know. They would get through anything you'd be wearing anyway though... They do have hands Smiley Tongue and if a Bloater was around...

Photobucket
Message 8 of 10 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Jul 10, 2013
Plate armor has a few exposure points, I believe the under arms are one, sometimed back legging or at the joint of the knee. I can't recall the other exposed points although if the armor was worn correctly you would have a thick undercoat of gotten so that the armor dousent rub your skin raw.

Chainmail would not work ethier, there are less exposure points but they could still break your bones which is am additional issue with plate armor.

There's a reason why this stuff went out of fashion long ago.
Message 9 of 10 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jul 10, 2013
Maybe Joel should wear a really thick sweater, pants, mittens and gloves all the time
Message 10 of 10 (204 Views)
0 Likes