Wastelander
768 posts

Re: Do you really think Nate and him are alike? I mean, I fin...

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013

Joel get his hair cut at Grady's barbershop on cedergrove street. $5 haircuts are a must in Post Pandemic societies. All kidding aside, they still have knives in their world. That beautiful Thuglife woman, Tess, probably cuts his hair. Yelp...

Message 11 of 25 (777 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013

I never really even thought about this. I don't nitpick.   

Like already said, he probably gets it cut. Long flowing locks might help atmosphere, but not pratical for a survivor.  

Also, I don't see the resemblance between Joel, Booker and Nate. Besides them all being Caucasian, that's just me though.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 12 of 25 (762 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Apr 3, 2013
honestly it sounds like your just trying to find something to complain about because you seem to be butt hurt from UC3 .

I think there is greater things to worry about then a charters models hair
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 13 of 25 (721 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1216 posts

Apr 3, 2013

It's actually a totally honest concern, it's not trolling. I really think he would have had a much more interesting and differentiative design had him long hair.

Not worthy of a thread? Maybe, but well, it's not like the boards overflow quality.

Message 14 of 25 (686 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Re: Why doesn't Joel have long hair?

Apr 3, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

I bet Tess makes him cut it. lol. That, and long hair is a disadvantage when fighting, just more to pull on. Not that any of this matters, Joel looks awesome.

I have noticed that ND really likes ponytales on their females though.

Maybe Clementine taught him that

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 15 of 25 (653 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2449 posts

Apr 4, 2013

He had a hair cut?

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais

Free Sitrongr

Message 16 of 25 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013

CyborgHippo wrote:

dh0rmazine wrote:

I bet Tess makes him cut it. lol. That, and long hair is a disadvantage when fighting, just more to pull on. Not that any of this matters, Joel looks awesome.

I have noticed that ND really likes ponytales on their females though.

Maybe Clementine taught him that

lol. I never played played TWD - I am confused in the myriad of TWD jokes happening.

Message 17 of 25 (627 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013
Just something funny I wanted to point out. Booker DeWitt is voiced by Troy Baker, Joel's voice actor. I wouldn't be surprised if both characters looked alike. But anyway, I don't really know why "long hair" would have been a nice touch to veer off from the stereotypical protagonist look. Honestly, Joel's character looks perfectly fine. Plus, wouldn't hair become an obstruction when his goal is to survive, especially in the dark? And just something funny, I thought this was going to be about how would it be possible for Joel to cut his hair in the post-apocalyptic world. Haha

Get your Portable ID!
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Tomb Raider, God of War: Ascension, Grand Theft Auto V, and The Last of Us.
By the way, this signature is very outdated.
Message 18 of 25 (591 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Apr 4, 2013

are you Kidding me? he's hair looks great, amazing! it's perfect. and it can't get too long or it will fall over hes eyes.

Message 19 of 25 (578 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11753 posts

Apr 4, 2013

At least Joel isn't bald or shaven like was the trend in characters a few years back. Joel is just your typical guy. Being a regular guy, I don't see anything wrong with his hair styled the way it is. With long flowing hair you have to keep in mind that the animators have to get to work on fabricating the moving strands every step of the way. With a shorter cut, it may be lazy considering they don't have to move the hair around as much, but at least it works for the character. Also, it's kind of hard to picture Joel being the type of guy who would even wear his hair long.

Message 20 of 25 (574 Views)
0 Likes