Mar 11 2013
By: Crimsonine I Only Post Everything 1036 posts

Why good ol' Crims won't get TLOU

16 replies 338 views Edited Mar 11, 2013

Because I don't really like "dark" storylines, the story mode for TLOU will probably be fantastic but I don't really love the whole zombie plant thing, so I won't buy it for that. So with the campaign down, that leaves the multiplayer to sway my decision. So let's start the rant now, shall we?

ND's multiplayer "team" is absolutley horrible, we're on Patch 1.17 and we STILL have numerous issues with UC3 that have been there since day 1. UC3 is blatantly unbalanced, unfair to noobs, full of lag and tryhards. I have no reason to believe TLOU will be any different. The multiplayer will be tacked on, unbalanced, with no depth whatsoever. I don't go to ND for a multiplayer experience unless by "experience" I mean lag and random deaths. So when you need me, I'll be playing Battlefield 3 in the corner. /rant

I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 17 (338 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10211 posts

Re: Why good ol' Crims won't get TLOU

Mar 11, 2013

Only thing I needed to read was that you don't like singleplayer.

I swear to god if people buy games solely for multiplayer...

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 2 of 17 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
16 posts

Mar 11, 2013
Are reasons are roughly the same for SP , to me the whole zombie / infected / end of the world thing is so over done I'm just tired of looking at it . I wasn't even hyped for it when I saw for the first time, I was just like ehh. But how ND promotes it it seems like its there heart and soul or something . Hopefully you guys have the same heart and soul for U4 , as for MP I gotta some what like the game to play it
Message 3 of 17 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6410 posts

Mar 11, 2013

I personally like having the minimal equipment survival niche. Most survival/zombie games in the past few years were subpar at best. Look at RE6 and Dead Space 3, both series were great survival games and look at em now Smiley Indifferent RE6 was an all around bad game and although it appears decent, Dead Space 3 also strayed from it's survival roots.

To me The Last Of Us looks like it has a chance to actually revive this nearly dead genre of survival horror. Single player looks pretty fun to me, with the realism it has along with how the combat looks against both people and those mushroom things.

It's pretty unfair to judge multiplayer seeing as we saw absolutely 0 gameplay of it. We also can't compare it to UC3s multiplayer as well seeing as it is in a completely different genre, therefore chances are the multiplayer will be completely different. Now I personally can't say I think it will be good, as I don't remember a survival game like this having multiplayer really... Chances are to me it will be a new refreshing multiplayer, tacked on and forgettable, or done wrong but have good effort since it's one of the first few shots at a survival multiplayer.(I'm not comparing it to games like L4D or similar games seeing as it seems different even from those.)

photo Sniper.png
Message 4 of 17 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10211 posts

Mar 11, 2013
> RE6
> Zombie game
> decent

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD. LOL ROFL LMAO.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 5 of 17 (265 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Mar 11, 2013
Stunt, you're completely misunderstanding me. I did not say I don't like single player (sp is the main factor in any game) or that all zombie games are terrible. I said I PERSONALLY don't like zombie games so I'm not interested in TLOU's story. I'm perfectly aware that there are decent zombie games out there. And seriously, who actually played the BF3 or CoD story modes? They're horrible. Multiplayer, on the other hand, is decent. I see no problem with buying those games for the multiplayer.
I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Message 6 of 17 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10211 posts

Mar 11, 2013
No no no. I mistyped. I meant to say that you don't like *TLOU's* multiplayer. I guess I acidentally made a generalization. Lol
Message 7 of 17 (251 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Mar 11, 2013
Oh ok lol. But what I'm scared about is (coming back to sanddude) they haven't showed te multiplayer. If they were really trying hard to make the multiplayer good, they would have at least TEASED it somewhere. Games that have deep MP experiences like Battlefield show off just as much of the multiplayer as single player. I don't think TLOU'S mp is going to be a real mp experience, just a tacked-on feature to increase longevity.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Message 8 of 17 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13851 posts

Mar 11, 2013

in4someonesaystheyare: The Infected. AKA Fungus

Oh Gee. I wondered what Zombies were.. Also commonly known as the infected. Oh and zombies also have fungal mutations.

These things are in the Zombie Category.

Not that I have anything against that...

Anyway TLOU's MP can't possibly be any more tacked on than Uncharted 3's MP. You can so tell it's there for the sake of it when they devote a 2 person duo to work on it.

Yes Mr. eliteist writer. 2 people is not a team. It's a duo (Random Rant @ journalist who reported that)

Message 9 of 17 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10211 posts

Mar 11, 2013
Noticing my earlier post:

I meant you didn't like TLoU's singleplayer. Why am I screwing up so badly now
Message 10 of 17 (233 Views)
0 Likes