Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 11 2014
By: ranmapr First Son 12 posts

Why is the machete nerfed?

11 replies 392 views Edited May 11, 2014
So with the newest patch, the machete now takes 3 hits to down somebody instead of 2. This now makes it impossible to do a one shot-machete combo with any of the pistols. Additionally, it takes 3 items to mod it instead of 2, and you still only get 5 hits with it and brawler 2. The machete was never an overpowered weapon, so why nerf it? It's pretty much garbage now, and there's no more decent melee builds to make up for it.
Message 1 of 12 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Re: Why is the machete nerfed?

May 11, 2014
First of all: Wrong subforum.
Second of all: Its considered a buff because you dont have to pair it with a gun anymore for it to be effective.
"My mom is KaceyTron" - sanddude20

"I have never complained in my life" - Khronikos

"I still play Final fantasy all day" - Nidhoggr_1971

"I support FN Rules" - Skaiifall

"I am the best camper in town" - ACE3883

"GET THE CODE ON SPECIALLY MARKED DORITO BAGS TO INSTALL THE "LA_WHITE_BOY ADBLOCK" plugin on your computer!!!"
Message 2 of 12 (390 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2014

The problem is that it's not effective anymore, with or without another gun. But yes, I did post in the wrong forum so I'll try the multiplayer forums.

Message 3 of 12 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2014
Dont even bother,people there are even calling it OP now.
It very well is effective, you get a quick down, and beat upgraded melee users, and dont have to use a gun any ore. Ta-Da
"My mom is KaceyTron" - sanddude20

"I have never complained in my life" - Khronikos

"I still play Final fantasy all day" - Nidhoggr_1971

"I support FN Rules" - Skaiifall

"I am the best camper in town" - ACE3883

"GET THE CODE ON SPECIALLY MARKED DORITO BAGS TO INSTALL THE "LA_WHITE_BOY ADBLOCK" plugin on your computer!!!"
Message 4 of 12 (379 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

May 11, 2014

I disagree. First of all, it doesn't beat the modded stick. I can get 2 hits with the machete in and then I go down. Secondly, if you get shot while you're swiping, it stops your swing.

Before the patch I could beat the modded stick with a machete/shorty combo, now I can't beat it with the machete at all. The machete has definitely been nerfed and is less effective than before. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't use the machete as a main loadout weapon.

Message 5 of 12 (371 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

May 12, 2014
Lol... the machete sucks now you try using it if you get killd by it... that says enough. B4 the update you could KILL 3 people and take away 1/2 the fourths persons life with brawler 3 on.
Message 6 of 12 (336 Views)
First Son
11 posts

May 12, 2014
But I agree on your poibts its no fub to b a bushwhacker no more, sometimes. Not all the time used to be
Message 7 of 12 (331 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

[ Edited ]
May 14, 2014

At least the extra hit point compensates for the damage. Now you have to damage your enemy before approaching them with a machete. Before the patch you would simply rely on the machete to down an enemy. I say it was a fair call to nerf the damage of the machete. 

EDIT: Here's something I also noticed. Not only was damage compensated with an extra hit point but also swing speed. You can now mash the melee button and your character swings more wildly.  

Message 8 of 12 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

[ Edited ]
May 14, 2014

You guys are completely clueless.

The machete now takes 3 attacks, but has way faster attack speed and also staggers the enemy like bullets do. Unlike before, it beats the upgraded 2x4 every time now.

Message 9 of 12 (281 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

May 14, 2014
No, it does not stagger attacks. And the speed does not make up for the significant reduction in damage. Before, when combined with the shorty, I could easily get 5 downs with a modded machete. With these changes you can't even get 2 downs with it fully modded. With some practice and skill, the machete was a dangerous melee weapon that rarely had to be repurchased in survivor mode. Now you basically have to buy a new one every time you get a down with it. It's less effective than it was before, period.
Message 10 of 12 (274 Views)
0 Likes