Wastelander
769 posts

Re: Why no multiplayer trailer might be a good thing.

May 12, 2013

Not really. I'm sure 99% of people that preordered this game did so for the single player. Not having multiplayer information will make them anxious and curious. If people are canceling their preordered because of lack of MP information then they were probably going to be sorely disappointed with this type of game anyways.

sig.png

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 48 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

May 12, 2013

KillaCam7I3 wrote:

I like how internet forum regulars describe constant action and confrontation as "mindless." Meanwhile, they describe petty camping and slowing the gameplay down to a crawl as "being patient and careful thinking." If the gameplay becomes a boring campsite, where people are incredibly afraid to die in a videogame, this multiplayer probably won't last long.

And before the obligatory moron says "go bak 2 cod lulz," I feel like I should note that I haven't played it in over three years...

I like how internet forum non-regulars describe patience and careful thinking as "petty camping". Meanwhile, they describe mindless action making the gameplay monotonous as "constant action and confrontation". If the gameplay becomes a shooting spamfest, where people are not afraid to run around without caution, this multiplayer probably won't last long.

See, I can sway my argument like that too. Pretty easy.

Also, go bak 2 cod.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 48 (154 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1022 posts

[ Edited ]
May 12, 2013

PsiloCube wrote:

Not really. I'm sure 99% of people that preordered this game did so for the single player. Not having multiplayer information will make them anxious and curious. If people are canceling their preordered because of lack of MP information then they were probably going to be sorely disappointed with this type of game anyways.

I didnt say that though, what i said was that the people who do get the game wont feel much of a need to play MP or wont play it for long because theres no hype about it. And lets face it, no matter how good the SP is, people keep coming back to a game for the MP. As great as Bioshock Infinite is, i've beaten it twice and now i'm done, i might go back to it later on, see what the DLC is, but its not something i'll be playing every day. Only MP draws people back like that, and thats why MP is important.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 48 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1566 posts

May 12, 2013

Maybe there's no multiplayer news because they want to attract all the single player audience this time around instead of promising the perfect multiplayer.

Right now I don't care if the multiplayer is good or bad, but it would be an amazing bonus if it was good and popular.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 48 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 12, 2013

Da_Chimp96 wrote:

Maybe there's no multiplayer news because they want to attract all the single player audience this time around instead of promising the perfect multiplayer.

Right now I don't care if the multiplayer is good or bad, but it would be an amazing bonus if it was good and popular.

Doesn't ALL their games attract the Single player audience?? 

Either way  they are making MP perks a selling point for the pre-oders so they need to get it together even Tomb Raider with it's tacked on MP, had a trailer out 5 weeks before launch.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 48 (107 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1022 posts

May 12, 2013

Da_Chimp96 wrote:

Why not do both? Its not because they push the MP a bit that they suddenly have to stop promoting the SP. And anyway, its not like ND have shown a lot of the SP either way, they released the same gameplay segment twice being played two different ways, a story trailer and the two ads -for the most part- just reuse footage from those. I really dont see how pushing the MP should harm the games SP.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 48 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
12639 posts

[ Edited ]
May 12, 2013

PsiloCube wrote:

I certainly didn't order it for Single Player.

Sure I'll play SP. I'll finish it if I like it, but.. Single Player is a once through deal for me, maybe twice depending on difficulties.

Then what?

It needs MP. Unless your game is near flawless like Heavy Rain, Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit), Shenmue, Shenmue 2, Yakuza 1,2,3,4 .... Then you need MP. if you have a game at the levels of those games, MP is not needed since they can keep you busy without it.

MP in GTA and RDR were terrible, and not even needed... The games were long with stuff to keep you busy with. So I would have added those two.. But they added MP and somehow mystically even though adding something shouldn't make the product worse.. It actually did. The old argument of don't like it don't play it is terrible. I mean. If your going to make something, make it right.

ND haven't yet made a game that kept me busy without MP. Well plenty of developers haven't.. So yeah.

Tomb Raider is my prime example. excellent story SP.. bad MP.. Sits on my shelf, I'm not playing again, what on earth for?

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 48 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1566 posts

May 15, 2013

Showing both probably wouldn't be a bad thing, but some people might get the impression that the SP is rushed if they put a lot of effort into MP.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 48 (39 Views)
0 Likes