Fender Bender
3588 posts

Re: Why no multiplayer trailer might be a good thing.

May 9, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:
I'd rather have more casuals than deal with a **bleep**ton of lag.

lag won't be much of a problem in cooperative multiplayer, which is what I hope the only multiplayer in the last of us...

Message 21 of 48 (234 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

May 10, 2013

I strongly encourage Naughty Dog to release a Multiplayer Trailer. That way they would attract millions of casual players and satiate our thirst.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Message 22 of 48 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 10, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

lag won't be much of a problem in cooperative multiplayer, which is what I hope the only multiplayer in the last of us...

It will be a problem if it's competitive. 

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 23 of 48 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

May 10, 2013

Can I borrow your time machine, EyeQue?

sig.png

Message 24 of 48 (188 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
787 posts

May 10, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

Nice to see you Karlos!   

Off topic: Great sig bud. You entering that in the contest?

In response to off topic: Thanks a bunch mate, and possibly I'm not sure. People were annoyed with the last one because it slowed down their computer's, and being a previous owner of a slow computer I certainly don't condone it. Also I feel as though it's not exactly abiding by the rules having it animated, almost like submitting 3 different sigs.

Message 25 of 48 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 10, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

CMP can work in TLOU, considering the fact that humans are also killing each other in the game just to survive, the infected aren't the only enemy. 

CMP can work with select groups of human fighting for survival & to control a base for example.

Message 26 of 48 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 10, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

CMP can work in TLOU, considering the fact that humans are also killing each other in the game just to survive, the infected aren't the only enemy. 

CMP can work with select groups of human fighting for survival & to control a base for example.

That's not what we were talking about. we were talking about the goddamn lag. OP thinks that less publicity will mean less casuals. That's bad because less casuals means more lag. Quote guy, whats-his-face, wants tlou to be a co-op multiplayer, so lag won't be as bad. I'm saying if it's competitive, with less casuals, lag will be awful.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 27 of 48 (166 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 10, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

That's not what we were talking about. we were talking about the goddamn lag. OP thinks that less publicity will mean less casuals. That's bad because less casuals means more lag. Quote guy, whats-his-face, wants tlou to be a co-op multiplayer, so lag won't be as bad. I'm saying if it's competitive, with less casuals, lag will be awful.

ahh my bad.

And TLOU isn't what I would call a game for casuals anyways, as long as ND build a proper netcode infrastructure, possibly offer a Ping toggle & proper lag compensation we should be fine.

Message 28 of 48 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

May 10, 2013
You're always going to get lag, even with lots of players.

I'd rather the game appeal to a more select audience. I honestly don't want to play another typical online shooter.
Message 29 of 48 (152 Views)
Splicer
47 posts

May 11, 2013

calcunnon wrote:

Trailers are made to attract as many of the general public as possible towards purchasing a product. So far, all the single-player trailers have done a good job of that; the game is fairly well-publicised, at least within the gaming market, and there's a lot of buzz around how exciting the game looks.

Do you remember the multiplayer trailer for Uncharted 3? Full of explosions, shooting, taunts, customisation, and so on. All of which were shown in an exciting, action-packed display of eye-candy. That's bound to attract some of the casual market who love mindlessly shooting everything that moves.

Perhaps The Last of Us' multiplayer portion won't feature all of these casual-gamer-pleasing setups that the FPS generation has come to expect. Maybe the game will be more about patience, teamwork and careful thinking. Although I prefer these traits in a game and genuinely hope they're the focus, they don't necessarily make for a good trailer.

Just a thought. A hopeful thought.

I like how internet forum regulars describe constant action and confrontation as "mindless." Meanwhile, they describe petty camping and slowing the gameplay down to a crawl as "being patient and careful thinking." If the gameplay becomes a boring campsite, where people are incredibly afraid to die in a videogame, this multiplayer probably won't last long.

And before the obligatory moron says "go bak 2 cod lulz," I feel like I should note that I haven't played it in over three years...

Message 30 of 48 (86 Views)
0 Likes