Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Re: Why so much hate?

Mar 12, 2013

Yes, I understand people that don't like UC3's MP, but why hate TLOU? It hasn't even come out yet.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Message 11 of 22 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
10988 posts

Mar 12, 2013

rickyEfs_97 wrote:

Yes, I understand people that don't like UC3's MP, but why hate TLOU? It hasn't even come out yet.

Same Company, so by boycotting TLOU, they will fix UC3? Maybe? Sounds crazy I know...

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 12 of 22 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3479 posts

Mar 12, 2013

just to get a few things straight (not only directed to the OP):

- those people don't hate The Last of Us, they hate Naughty Dog's attitude towards Uncharted 3, I hate Naughty Dog's attitude towards Uncharted 3 as well, but I will buy The Last of Us, because the story is going to be great...

- those people didn't want to flood these forums with hate, but the mods moved the threads from Uncharted 3 multiplayer forum to The Last of Us forum, they posted it in Uncharted 3 multiplayer forum because they wanted to screw over Naughty Dog over with less sold copies because Naughty Dog screwed them over (and I agree with them)

- 17 patches that break the game even more is not support, promising a cinematic multiplayer with lots of traversal, show that in the beta, but not in the full game is not support, promising Fortune Hunters' Club buyers 4 map packs and then copy 2 map packs from Uncharted 2 and make 1 coop map and call that a map pack is not support, adding stat hats, colors, tournament prizes and other stuff no one cares about is not support, saying that you fix glitches but after patches the glitches are still not fixed is not support, and so on...

- this game wouldn't even get a huge multiplayer compenent like Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3, because if it would, there would have been a beta by now or at least a multiplayer reveal trailer, I expect a coop mode only, which would be fun for a while, but there will be no (real) support for it, because the Playstation 4 is coming and Naughty Dog has to move on...

- Since Naughty Dog splitted in 2 teams, their games or support after games have a lot less quality than before, Uncharted 2 was great, also the multiplayer, but Naughty Dog splitted into 2 teams right after that and the lack of support for Uncharted 2 ruined it, Uncharted 3's single player is still a very good game, but it lacks polish, it feels rushed in many ways, Uncharted 3's multiplayer is a broken mess since it was released, and the lack of real support broke it even more, so that's why many people (including myself) are doubting that The Last of Us is going to be a masterpiece like Uncharted 2 was...

Message 13 of 22 (184 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Mar 13, 2013
People use the words 'broken mess' so much these days that they've lost all meaning.
 photo 492afe7a-5d47-473d-9476-3a8036a31d5b_zps4955703f.jpg
Message 14 of 22 (179 Views)
Naughty Paw
10988 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 13, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

- those people don't hate The Last of Us, they hate Naughty Dog's attitude towards Uncharted 3, I hate Naughty Dog's attitude towards Uncharted 3 as well, but I will buy The Last of Us, because the story is going to be great...

- those people didn't want to flood these forums with hate, but the mods moved the threads from Uncharted 3 multiplayer forum to The Last of Us forum, they posted it in Uncharted 3 multiplayer forum because they wanted to screw over Naughty Dog over with less sold copies because Naughty Dog screwed them over (and I agree with them)

- 17 patches that break the game even more is not support, promising a cinematic multiplayer with lots of traversal, show that in the beta, but not in the full game is not support, promising Fortune Hunters' Club buyers 4 map packs and then copy 2 map packs from Uncharted 2 and make 1 coop map and call that a map pack is not support, adding stat hats, colors, tournament prizes and other stuff no one cares about is not support, saying that you fix glitches but after patches the glitches are still not fixed is not support, and so on...

- this game wouldn't even get a huge multiplayer compenent like Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3, because if it would, there would have been a beta by now or at least a multiplayer reveal trailer, I expect a coop mode only, which would be fun for a while, but there will be no (real) support for it, because the Playstation 4 is coming and Naughty Dog has to move on...

- Since Naughty Dog splitted in 2 teams, their games or support after games have a lot less quality than before, Uncharted 2 was great, also the multiplayer, but Naughty Dog splitted into 2 teams right after that and the lack of support for Uncharted 2 ruined it, Uncharted 3's single player is still a very good game, but it lacks polish, it feels rushed in many ways, Uncharted 3's multiplayer is a broken mess since it was released, and the lack of real support broke it even more, so that's why many people (including myself) are doubting that The Last of Us is going to be a masterpiece like Uncharted 2 was...

True

So by boycotting TLOU, those people will send  a message? What exactly is that message? It sounds more like revenge to me.

Regardless, whether those attempts were successful or no, it was still support, whether you agree with what they did or not. That map pack thing can be debated linguistically, but it was still a f**** up by ND, which they have admitted to. How many games do you know have had 17 patches?

The point of a beta is to test servers and balancing. Those can be fixed in less time than you think. The game is still months away. They can announce the trailer tomorrow for all we know. Like you said, we know nothing of the multiplayer, so we can't really say if it will be a big component or not. It will be supported by DLC, as stated by Arne Meyer. And I highly, highly doubt the multiplayer is co op only. They have two teams, one working on TLOU and the other working on another project, presumably PS4, so we will get support like UC3. They're not even making a launch game, so its safe to say we have a long way to go before a PS4 game from them.

It wasn't the split teams that...degraded (for you)... Uncharted 3. It was the fact that they announced a release date before they were really ready. That's what did them in, so to speak. This lack of support I keep hearing is astounding in the fact that in spite of 17 patches and DLC, you would still call the MP unsupported. Broken mess is something I keep hearing alot, yet so many people keep playing it, including me. If you think TLOU will be anything less than a masterpiece, than you have been spending too much time wallowing in your own self-inflicted sorrow.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 15 of 22 (173 Views)
Fender Bender
3479 posts

Mar 13, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

True

So by boycotting TLOU, those people will send  a message? What exactly is that message? It sounds more like revenge to me.

Regardless, whether those attempts were successful or no, it was still support, whether you agree with what they did or not. That map pack thing can be debated linguistically, but it was still a f**** up by ND, which they have admitted to. How many games do you know have had 17 patches?

The point of a beta is to test servers and balancing. Those can be fixed in less time than you think. The game is still months away. They can announce the trailer tomorrow for all we know. Like you said, we know nothing of the multiplayer, so we can't really say if it will be a big component or not. It will be supported by DLC, as stated by Arne Meyer. And I highly, highly doubt the multiplayer is co op only. They have two teams, one working on TLOU and the other working on another project, presumably PS4, so we will get support like UC3. They're not even making a launch game, so its safe to say we have a long way to go before a PS4 game from them.

It wasn't the split teams that...degraded (for you)... Uncharted 3. It was the fact that they announced a release date before they were really ready. That's what did them in, so to speak. This lack of support I keep hearing is astounding in the fact that in spite of 17 patches and DLC, you would still call the MP unsupported. Broken mess is something I keep hearing alot, yet so many people keep playing it, including me. If you think TLOU will be anything less than a masterpiece, than you have been spending too much time wallowing in your own self-inflicted sorrow.

- those 17 patches weren't to help us out, but to give them more money, all the patches lead up to the free2pay system they released recently, all those stat hats, tournament tickets and dlc they made can be sold on the free2pay guys, and that's why they kept 'supporting' until Uncharted 3 went free2pay, have you seen the announcement recently that now there are only 2 people working on Uncharted 3, because that explains a lot, now that they have their money, they don't care anymore about the game at all, don't expect any fix in the coming months, only more tournament stuff and microtransactions...

- 'broken mess' is indeed overused, but it is how it is, in matches and out of matches people get screwed over by this game, and the reason they still play it, is because there is simply no game like it (tomb raider now, but I hear mixed reactions about that game's multiplayer), I also think that Uncharted's multiplayer is unique, but I hate all the things that needs fixing, I hate how greedy Naughty Dog have become and I hate the teamsplitting, if you do not decide to delay games when nescessary like it was with Uncharted 3...

Message 16 of 22 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5481 posts

Mar 13, 2013
I've never heard of anything that's free2pay before. It sounds magical.
Message 17 of 22 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Mar 13, 2013

calcunnon wrote:
I've never heard of anything that's free2pay before. It sounds magical.

It is. Filled with wonder and fantasy, nothing is beyond your wallet. Nothing takes effort to earn, throw a couple dollars and it could be yours, there are microtransactions aplenty. Truly a beatiful place.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 18 of 22 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14202 posts

Mar 13, 2013

Some of the posts are right. I'm still sore over Uncharted 3.

I know my husband is buying TLoU. I'm tempted to give ND one last chance though... Uncharted 3 is one bad game.. Maybe I should let them off with one bad game considering every developer will screw up at some point.

Message 19 of 22 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Mar 13, 2013

^ That's good to hear! Give it a chance, UC3 wasn't that bad to warrant off the rest of ND's games. Hopefully we'll all be pleased when the game is released.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 20 of 22 (96 Views)
0 Likes