Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 07 2013
By: EyeCue86 Fender Bender 3354 posts

Why the hell does...

3 replies 255 views Edited Jul 7, 2013

Why the hell does Sam follow Joel and Ellie instead of sticking with Henry? In the game Henry tells Sam to stick to him like glue, but instead Sam decides it's cool to stick with Joel and Ellie at all times, except in the beach & sewers.

I bet it's because of some lazy AI work.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 1 of 4 (255 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Re: Why the hell does...

Jul 7, 2013
What do you mean with that? For the most part Sam stuck with Henry. Sometimes after clearing an area or just exploring Ellie will follow you but Henry and Sam would go to the next area. The only weird part was when Ellie and Sam hide in the hallway when clearing out the gate area in Pittsburg. It's only weird because I don't think Henry or Joel said go stay over there. Both of them just decided they should stay out of the way. Of course that was probably discussed before hand
Message 2 of 4 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

ExtremeMuffin wrote:
What do you mean with that? For the most part Sam stuck with Henry. Sometimes after clearing an area or just exploring Ellie will follow you but Henry and Sam would go to the next area. The only weird part was when Ellie and Sam hide in the hallway when clearing out the gate area in Pittsburg. It's only weird because I don't think Henry or Joel said go stay over there. Both of them just decided they should stay out of the way. Of course that was probably discussed before hand

I mean exactly what it sounds like. Sam would usually follow Joel and Ellie, instead of Henry. 

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 3 of 4 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

ExtremeMuffin wrote:

I mean exactly what it sounds like. Sam would usually follow Joel and Ellie, instead of Henry. 

Honestly, I haven't had that happen. Sam and Henry both follow me. It's usually Joel, Ellie, Sam, and Henry at the rear. Sometimes Henry will go flank enemies when we're in combat, and Sam will stay in cover with Joel and Ellie, or Henry will go to grab a ladder, or grab a chain to lift a gate, step jump area, ect, and Ellie and Sam will stay together in cover until Joel get's there too.

Hey, EyeCue, I have a question for you. Well, maybe more like a suggestion. If you want a game to hate on more than TLOU, you should check out Gears of War:Judgment. It's basically an Xbox Live Arcade game, sold as a full $60 game with less content, story, characters, and a half assed MP mode. I'd really love to hear what your thoughts are on that. My brother and I can't help but wonder. (BTW, I'm being serious, I'm not trying to troll you and I'm genuinely excited to hear what you have to say about GOW:J)

Message 4 of 4 (161 Views)