Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
11 posts

Re: Will TLOU get a audio profile for the PS3 pulse elite headset?

Jul 4, 2013
Ahh, that's unfortunate.

Thanks for the reply.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 26 (378 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
670 posts

Jul 10, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 26 (334 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jul 10, 2013
Haha, of course, right when I just finished the game. :smileytongue:

Good news nonetheless. I'm sure I'll play through it again at some point as it was an unbelievable game. I miss it already, actually. Ha.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 26 (317 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jul 10, 2013
Also, please post feedback on it as I'm curious to know if it's any good or not. And if you could post what settings you use on the headset and in game with the official preset I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 26 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2122 posts

Jul 10, 2013
Thanks for the update! I just downloaded and will be posting my thoughts later. Will test SP and MP. will post my audio settings.

Enjoy y'all
--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 26 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2122 posts

Jul 11, 2013

SPOILERS

I played a decent amount of SP and a bit of MP with the "last of us" preset. Cool sidenote, it is Ellie's voice that says "the last of us" when you chose the preset.

My setup: Dolby digital II, dynamic range normal, bass impact 80% (higher than I play other games)

SP:

I started in the Highschool, fought the bloater, played the pop-the-clutch pushing the truck part, and played the first section of Pitt after your truck crashes.

BASS IMPACT:

noticed that the Bass Impact is really understated with this preset. that kinda fits ND's theme with this game, "less is more," lots of dead/ noiseless space, not over-doing the bass. The music and dialouge sounds Bass-free, in a good way. Where some noises give a dull distorted rumble on the "game" setting, on TLOU preset they are crisp and clean.

When I DID notice the Bass, it was more in the forum of sharp, short "pulses," rather than dull rumbles. However, these pulses dont seem to be representing anything very clearly. For example, in one of my favoirite cut scenes (Joel driving the truck, gets ambushed), there was hardly any Bass when the truck actually crashed. I was expecting some epic rumbles. Instead there were a few pulses for the brick thrown and the jerking of the car.

OVERALL PERFORMANCE:

overall an improvement over "game." if your expecting to rumble the whole game...this isnt the preset for it. instead, sounds seem crisp and fleshed out, especially when there are multiple enemies making noises. music sounds great. Need more testing though, jury still out.

MP:

BASS IMPACT:

On the "game" preset, the pregame and lobby music used to rumble the crap out of my Bass impact. On TLOU preset, the music is crisp and clean.

When i DID notice Bass, it was for weird things like collecting supplies at the supply box, or reviving teammates. not much in the way of firing a gun, for example. Need more testing, jury still out.

TL;DR: TLOU preset for the Sony Pulse is a much different experience than the "game" setting. Some differences you may like more than others. But ND created it, so im using it :smileyhappy:

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 26 (271 Views)
0 Likes