Jun 03 2013
By: HoodlumX Uncharted Territory 1350 posts

Will The Last of Us live up to the hype?

25 replies 397 views Edited Jun 3, 2013

A lot of you got to play the demo recently and had the chance to get a feel for the game. There has been a lot of hype building up for The Last of Us, not only with fellow gamers, but critics as well. Do you guys think there is a chance that the game might be underwhelming, or not meet your expectations? Is there anything that you're worried about? 

We're all fans of the game here, so this isn't a hate thread by any means. Nothing is perfect, I'm just curious to know if any of you have any concerns. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 26 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

Re: Will The Last of Us live up to the hype?

Jun 3, 2013

After playing the very short demo, I can honestly say that this game is going to be something special.

sig.png

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 26 (395 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 3, 2013

NO.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 26 (375 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1350 posts

Jun 3, 2013

I didn't play the demo, so hearing that is awesome. I pre-ordered it today(late, I know), and I can't wait for next week. Not only for TLoU, but E3 too! So no concerns at all guys?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 26 (359 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1032 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Demo is way way short, but from what I experienced, game will be awesome

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 26 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1350 posts

Jun 3, 2013

I'm just hoping the game is as dark as possible in terms of how the game feels and looks. I don't want no movie-like experience. I want it to feel as realistic as possible. I don't know if I should try to get the demo or just wait for the game to release.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 26 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1518 posts

Jun 3, 2013
Ever hear of the saying "Lie enough, and you'll believe the own **bleep** that comes out of your mouth?"

I've learned not to hype games. Well, not hype them as much as I used to, as I tend to make up things in my head, then believe that they're actually in the game.

Yes, I believe TLoU will live up to hype, but I won't let these final days, which are the home stretch, get me uncontrollably hyped.
Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 26 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 3, 2013
Some critics, like always, will find a way to criticize the game, but from what I've seen and experienced first hand, I think this will truly be a gem of a game. I'm excited to get my hands on it to say the least.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 26 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Jun 3, 2013
I honestly don't have any concerns, I'm just hoping for a great story & realistic gameplay.

I can't say I'm expecting this to be the greatest ps3 exclusive ever cause that leave room for a huge letdown.

I want that realistic combat like meeting someone in the street instead of talking behind someone's back all day.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 26 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1350 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Well I'm glad there isn't too many concerns with some of you. I hope it takes me a while to beat the story and I hope it's something I could play over and over and still get a new experience out of it. Sure, the story might not change but the gameplay itself could be good enough to warrant a few more playthroughs. :catvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 26 (307 Views)
0 Likes