Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Re: Will The Last of Us live up to the hype?

Jun 3, 2013
Love the sound of this:

(From same Neogaf poster)
"No markers or listen mode means that taking the wrong corner in search of stuff=mobbed=dead. running=alerting=dead. Rushing humans=mostly dead. Whole lotta things=dead.

But yeah, there are also some encounters I had to try again and again AND again, sometimes to test a different approach, sometimes because they're genuinely difficult."
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 26 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jun 3, 2013

My expectations are Tomb Raider-like.  Namely, I’m sure that the campaign will be great but I really have no expectations about the multi-player.  If the MP is disappointing, I have enough confidence in ND that the campaign alone will be worth the price of the game.

My concern is the almost complete lack of information about multiplayer.  There have been some recent comments from ND hyping the MP but anyone familiar with the recent Free-To-Play debacle in Uncharted 3 should know that what’s groundbreaking to ND and what’s revolutionary to the player community may be worlds apart.  I really hope my fears are unfounded because we desperately need a fresh multiplayer experience that ND will support.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 26 (147 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
874 posts

Jun 3, 2013

I don't even think it will live up to the one we saw at E3.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 26 (136 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jun 3, 2013

If the finall product is anything like the demo, I'm gonna be more than pleased. The visuals were stunning, and the gameplay forced me to put in more thought about how I tackled a situation than any other game I've played recently. If the multiplayer is half-way decent, then I'm sure it'll keep me occupied and interested for some time. At least this will tide me over till GTA V hits :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 26 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Jun 3, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:

A lot of you got to play the demo recently and had the chance to get a feel for the game. There has been a lot of hype building up for The Last of Us, not only with fellow gamers, but critics as well. Do you guys think there is a chance that the game might be underwhelming, or not meet your expectations? Is there anything that you're worried about? 

We're all fans of the game here, so this isn't a hate thread by any means. Nothing is perfect, I'm just curious to know if any of you have any concerns. 

I do not think the game will be underwhelming at all.  I think the story is where it will be at on this one.

The demo was to short to show anything.  It did play well but on hard it was way to easy.  I have heard some say it was scary but I never noticed.  I did notice that the demo graphics where good but a little grainy for me.  And the plants and such looked not so good as did some of the objects in the building.  Enemies where not as good as I thought they may be.  Graphics where good enough and graphics are not everythings.

I did wonder how my character could move that thing from the door.  Then the cloud of "infection dust" forms.  Thought that might get him infected or something.  Interested to know how this infection works.

And I distracted a clicker with a bottle.  Did not throw it far.  Climbed over into another section of the room that was essentially the same room.  Enemy was close.  Jumped the rail and pulled a cabinet which made a ton of noise but never alerted the enemy that was basically right near us.  And the thing was supposed to respond to sound.

The last section of the demo was easy on hard.  I did it a few ways.  Stealth style, guns blazing, and then run and attack and run and attack.  Never died.  I only died when I let them attack me to see how much damage they do and hard it was to escape.  Hoping survival is much more challenging and unlocked from the beginning.

The demo did little to make me want to order the game.  It also did nothing to make me less interested or to cancel my pre-order.  The game looks interesting and I look forward to playing it.  i think the game will shine in the story department more than anything and that is what I am looking for.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 26 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1352 posts

Jun 3, 2013

plaZeHD7 wrote:

I don't even think it will live up to the one we saw at E3.

Well we will have to wait to play the game before we make that judgement. I just hope the game and A.I. is as smart as it looked in the demos. Go check out the multiplayer video, it looks really great.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 26 (53 Views)
0 Likes