Fender Bender
3354 posts

Re: Will There Be DLC For The Story Mode (Campaign)? and what do u get for Pre-Ordering?

Jun 26, 2013

JOSH55886 wrote:

I'm not, you have your opinion, that's fine. It just seems everything you say is negative. I don't think it was cut content, ND said it isn't. Maybe it is, I don't know. I'd like to think it isn't though.

I think you've missed all the positive things I've said about the game. Sometimes people see what they want to see, not reality.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 21 of 47 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
568 posts

Re: Will There Be DLC For The Story Mode (Campaign)? and what do u get for Pre-Ordering?

Jun 26, 2013

I haven't seen any of your posts that much really. I remember your reveiw thread, but I honestly don't remember what you said, except for the AI, and I share your same view on that. I really don't know why it was dumbed down. They had that whole section running on a PS3 at E3, and it wasn't scripted. And the second which was even better IMO was in the same area.

Message 22 of 47 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 26, 2013

JOSH55886 wrote:

I haven't seen any of your posts that much really. I remember your reveiw thread, but I honestly don't remember what you said, except for the AI, and I share your same view on that. I really don't know why it was dumbed down. They had that whole section running on a PS3 at E3, and it wasn't scripted. And the second which was even better IMO was in the same area.

That's the biggest disappointment of the game IMO, well that and that ND resorted to false advertising.

Someone said that ND dumbed it down because it was too hard, I asked for a link to that but I never got it. My arguement to that is that if it was too hard then why was the player able to get passed it successfully, live at E3?

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 23 of 47 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
568 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Well, that was a developer, and it certainly did look harder, because they were smarter of course, but well, they should've made Survival difficulty like E3 maybe. I don't buy it, they could've catered to casual players with easier difficulties and give us the real thing with a harder one.

Message 24 of 47 (249 Views)
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 26, 2013
Well it was indeed dumbed down but people who play live at expos and stuff practice a ton beforehand.

Also, I think it was Bruce Straley, game designer or the game. If they didn't dumb it down though, The Last of Us would've really been something else. Truly, truly amazing.

I still love the game though. But the AI does remind you a lot that it's still a video game
Message 25 of 47 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 26, 2013

JOSH55886 wrote:

Well, that was a developer, and it certainly did look harder, because they were smarter of course, but well, they should've made Survival difficulty like E3 maybe. I don't buy it, they could've catered to casual players with easier difficulties and give us the real thing with a harder one.

I totally agree with you. Survival, and New Game+ should have featured harder AI to counter your upgrades. Survival just isn't as hard as I was expecting it to be.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 26 of 47 (243 Views)
Sackboy
568 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Exactly. The only difference I've noticed on Survival is I get flanked more and grabbed or shot from behind when I'm not paying attention.

Message 27 of 47 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 26, 2013

JOSH55886 wrote:

Exactly. The only difference I've noticed on Survival is I get flanked more and grabbed or shot from behind when I'm not paying attention.

All I've noticed is less supplies and no shine to tell me where they are. That's pretty much it. I'm sure the increased flanking you're experiencing is just a placebo from expecting a tougher game.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 28 of 47 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jun 26, 2013

I noticed on Survivor a Runner either 1, telepathically knew I was behind him or 2, Survivor really does increase the smartness of the AI.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 29 of 47 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 26, 2013
Runners know you're behind them if you don't creep up on them slowly in Survivor but thats the only difference I can tell from Hard from an AI perspective.

The fewer supplies and no Listen Mode are pretty easy to get used to. On Survivor+ now and it really feels like "cruise the game" mode since it carries over upgrades and training manuals
Message 30 of 47 (217 Views)
0 Likes