May 16 2013
By: EDSTA713 I Only Post Everything 869 posts

Will You Watch The Early Copies Gameplay?

16 replies 407 views Edited May 16, 2013
How many of you are going to be watching footage on streaming sites of people doing playthroughs and what not of TLOU? I see it happening all the time before a games' release. I know they will get taken down sooner or later but I can't help my excitement for any new footage. I don't care for spoilers and I'd rather know what's in store for us. I remember watching RE5 for hours (literally) sitting on the couch not wanting to go to sleep until I had my fill. Lol.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 17 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

Re: Will You Watch The Early Copies Gameplay?

May 16, 2013

I'll watch some, but when you're this excited for a game it's important to control yourself. It's like watching half of a movie before you go see it in theaters.

sig.png

Message 2 of 17 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

May 16, 2013

I actually won't be, surprisingly. I don't care about spoilers either (I actually love them) but I want to experience actually playing the game for the first time myself, seeing the menu screen, seeing the opening cutscenes, the first view of the world I'll finally get to explore. I want to have that be as fresh as I can have it so nah, i won't be watching anyone's early footage.

Message 3 of 17 (393 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
19179 posts

May 16, 2013
I'll be trying my best to avoid spoiler gameplay before the game is released. I'm trying to save myself the surprise of the game, unlike UC3, so I can enjoy it when I play it and not know what is already going to happen.
Message 4 of 17 (390 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
869 posts

May 16, 2013

There will be alot of videos on YouTube too I bet. lol. I already can see someone uploading the ending and having it shown all across the 'net. I won't be uploading any early gameplay footage on my channel tho. I will do gameplay from the demo on the 31st. Let's just hope that doesn't get taken down like some of these videos uploaded this week. 47 minute gameplay video I'm looking at you. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 17 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2615 posts

May 16, 2013

Not really

TOO METAL

2metal4me
Message 6 of 17 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

May 16, 2013
Rather not.

I've seen Youtubers play games, then I get interested enough half-way through it and pick it up myself. Then find myself rushing to get where I left off in the videos.

Rather not do that with this game. Seeing as I've been waiting for 2 **bleep** years. My patience will pay off.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 7 of 17 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1725 posts

May 16, 2013

I only do that for games I know I wont be playing, so, probably not.

Well, maybe the first few minutes. I guess I would just be too tempted. Smiley Tongue

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 8 of 17 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

May 16, 2013
Eh, I don't think so. I want to keep this one fresh and real emotional while I play. I will be a demo **bleep** and play that like nobody's business.

Message 9 of 17 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
628 posts

May 16, 2013

I think I might do but only a segment I'm familiar with, take the Subway for example. I'd mute all dialogue until I'd reached solid gameplay and I would immediately close the video when a cutscene was triggered. I have surprisingly good control over it, mostly because I know I wouldn't forgive myself after

Message 10 of 17 (251 Views)
0 Likes