Fender Bender
3805 posts

Re: Will the PS4 version be uncensored in the EU

Apr 15, 2014

Well I **bleep** hope so.

Not that I'd spend much time (if at all) playing MP. But still, it shouldn't be censored.

Message 21 of 60 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

Apr 17, 2014

I'm sorry nobody is going to reveal whether the ps4 version will be censored or not because such information has the potential to hurt sales. And you know these people love da $

Message 22 of 60 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Apr 17, 2014

Alluboy_ wrote:

Not that I'd spend much time (if at all) playing MP. But still, it shouldn't be censored.

I don't understand why people think it shouldn't be censored! Really, honestly, is blowing off a few limbs, or destroying another players brains going to enchance your gaming experience? 

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 23 of 60 (378 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2014

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

Alluboy_ wrote:

I don't understand why people think it shouldn't be censored! Really, honestly, is blowing off a few limbs, or destroying another players brains going to enchance your gaming experience? 

CENSORSHIP =

1. It sets a precedence for future censorship in our games.

2. It ruins immersion.

3. It's not fair that others get gore and others don't.

Message 24 of 60 (374 Views)
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Apr 17, 2014

^Well..... at least single player has gore Smiley Tongue

young beard signature
Message 25 of 60 (362 Views)
Lombax Warrior
70 posts

Apr 18, 2014

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

Alluboy_ wrote:

You're missing the point.

It's not the censorship itself which is most offensive, it's why it was shipped cut to everyone outside the US, when at most only TWO countries would have actually required cuts.

And it's not even known for sure that Germany and/or Australia would have needed those cuts because they never saw an uncut version. SCEE and ND pre-emptively self-censored the EU/PAL release before submitting to any governing bodies so they only saw, and only passed the 'lite' version.

What we have a problem with is the 99% of the rest of the EU + PAL region being given this toned down version as well without needing it, just because SCEE couldn't be bothered to provide bespoke versions to Germany and Australia (like the vast majority of other publishers do).

They deliberately mislead us in pre-release too, and didn't own up to what they'd done until their backs were against the wall weeks after release when we started noticing differences between the game and US YouTube videos (and the pre-release multiplayer trailer, so it was false advertising too!).

Stop making excuses for a multi-million dollar corporation cutting corners and treating a very large portion of their customers like dirt.

And yes, the fact that they haven't come out and said "The EU PS4 version is uncut" is as good a confirmation as any that it is cut the same. Showing that even when they have a chance to do the right thing, having seen the blowback from the first time round they just don't care.

But that doesn't mean that we shouldn't care.

Shedding light on SCE/SCEE's policy of blanket EU censorship.

We don't accept the wall of silence!

http://sceuncut.tumblr.com - http://facebook.com/sceuncut - http://twitter.com/sceuncutblog
Message 26 of 60 (341 Views)
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Apr 18, 2014

I do love how all the "not a big deal" people seem to be from places that got the uncensored version. But then stuff like Tharja's butt being censored is a massive deal (guess who got the censored version that time, hint, it wasn't EU).

Message 27 of 60 (313 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Apr 19, 2014

Fish_Goes_Moo wrote:

I do love how all the "not a big deal" people seem to be from places that got the uncensored version. But then stuff like Tharja's butt being censored is a massive deal (guess who got the censored version that time, hint, it wasn't EU).

I could understand an entire cutscene, or section of the game was censored, or removed, but for gore? No. You're not losing a big deal, and personally, I think you're all overreacting. 

For example, when I played through the first two Gears of War games, I disabled gore by choice. Really, it's no different, you guys just don't have the option to enable dismemberment. It's not like you're losing all blood entirely.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 28 of 60 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Apr 19, 2014

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

Fish_Goes_Moo wrote:

I could understand an entire cutscene, or section of the game was censored, or removed, but for gore? No. You're not losing a big deal, and personally, I think you're all overreacting. 

For example, when I played through the first two Gears of War games, I disabled gore by choice. Really, it's no different, you guys just don't have the option to enable dismemberment. It's not like you're losing all blood entirely.

Of course it's different. You had the choice, that alone is a massive difference. If you don't want/like gore, then fine, but it's your choice. We didn't get that, even the choice of importing was taken away from us with lies, deceit and silence.

There also wouldn't be such a reaction if ND & SCEE were honest. But they were not, so not only is it censored, but EU players also get treated like dirt and ignored.

Message 29 of 60 (297 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Apr 19, 2014
I don't give a rat's butt about MP censorship... But since I am European it'd still be nice to have the choice to decide so myself.
Still not enough of a problem here to bash anyone (for me)
Message 30 of 60 (294 Views)