Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Re: Will there be a chainsaw?

Apr 19, 2013

calcunnon wrote:

Cookieter wrote:
it's not sure there will be a machete, brink or axe... and there will l defenetly not be a chainsaw.. sorry.

Although I don't think there will be a chainsaw, you don't really have any concrete evidence to say that there definitely won't be.

I know I may be setting myself up for a fall if there isn't :smileysad: but theres always a chance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO_feUcBYoQ

1:58 for makeshift axe and 2:09 for Machete. What, a cinematic you say? Well look at this to! 84% sure machete will be item. And I meant brick :smileyindifferent: Yes...Brick. I'm sleepy.

AHA!.jpeg

Message 11 of 22 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Apr 19, 2013

There will be chainsaws in the game, along with jack hammers and eventually, a catapult.

Message 12 of 22 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Of course a chainsaw would fit, I can see it now... 

There's a lone Clicker in the room, Joel could easily just take it out with a shiv. But, why do that when we have a chainsaw!

Rev that puppy up and tear into that sucker. Little did the player know that he/she had alerted not only every infected in the building, but in a 30 block radius. Worth it.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 13 of 22 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Only if I can duct tape two chainsaws to a double ended kyak paddle :smileyvery-happy:

Message 14 of 22 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1641 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

Oh god, I hope not. Chainsaws are so predictable in all survival/horror games. Let's stray away from it, please. I mean, think about it. It's a zombie game, it's the announcment trailer, the guy runs out of ammo, they're all surrounding him, what does he pull out? Chainsaw.

But hey, that's just me. If they want to throw it in there, go ahead, I just personally wouldn't use it.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 15 of 22 (129 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
868 posts

Apr 19, 2013

It would be nice to have as an unlockable weapon. I mean who cares if you attract enemies with the noise. You would know eventually after completing the game where the enemies are at so you will know when to use it and when not to use it depending on how many number of enemies there are. I just don't know how Joel will carry it around. It will look funny if it just magically attaches to his back like the pipe in the E3 demo. Untitled.jpg

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 22 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Apr 20, 2013

EDSTA713 wrote:

It would be nice to have as an unlockable weapon. I mean who cares if you attract enemies with the noise. You would know eventually after completing the game where the enemies are at so you will know when to use it and when not to use it depending on how many number of enemies there are. I just don't know how Joel will carry it around. It will look funny if it just magically attaches to his back like the pipe in the E3 demo. Untitled.jpg

Hmmm, good point. Maybe it will be, instead of a power weapon, a super-power weapon.  Like if there was a big cresendo event moment of the game and bandits are crashing down the doors and storming through the halls and you pick up the chainsaw it stays in your hands. It wont be on though Intel you turn it on to not waist juice and keep silent. I could see a part in the game where you would take control of a 50cal torrent in a big base level to. And IM not being sarcastic, no unlimited ammo **bleep** and no twin Uzi power. Just these BIG moments with something fun. :smileyhappy:

Message 17 of 22 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1641 posts

Apr 20, 2013

X_Skynet_X wrote:

EDSTA713 wrote:

Hmmm, good point. Maybe it will be, instead of a power weapon, a super-power weapon.  Like if there was a big cresendo event moment of the game and bandits are crashing down the doors and storming through the halls and you pick up the chainsaw it stays in your hands. It wont be on though Intel you turn it on to not waist juice and keep silent. I could see a part in the game where you would take control of a 50cal torrent in a big base level to. And IM not being sarcastic, no unlimited ammo **bleep** and no twin Uzi power. Just these BIG moments with something fun. :smileyhappy:

You mean a 50 cal TURRET? A torrent is a download file.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 18 of 22 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Apr 20, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

X_Skynet_X wrote:

EDSTA713 wrote:

You mean a 50 cal TURRET? A torrent is a download file.

A 50 cal torrent is something that allows you to download 50 of me. Totally worth it.

Message 19 of 22 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
766 posts

Apr 20, 2013
ya'll can have the chainsaw... what I want is a lazer beam gun!

Message 20 of 22 (59 Views)
0 Likes