May 16 2013
By: BadgerNips First Son 2 posts

Will there be an EU PSN release?

13 replies 192 views Edited May 16, 2013

My PS3's disc drive isn't working at the moment, so I'm limted to downloadable games. Naturally enough, a digital version of this game will be somewhat more expensive than its physical counterpart, but certainly cheaper than the physical game and a new or repaired console.

From what I gather, there is due to be a US release of this game on PSN, so I would like to know if there's any word as to a similar scenario for the EU and, more specifically, the UK?

Message 1 of 14 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Re: Will there be an EU PSN release?

May 16, 2013

It won't be restricted to the US. If it is, only for a limited period of time.  

But, the game isn't going digital as soon as the official release. You could be waiting a while. A couple weeks, 1 month, 2 months, who knows.   

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 2 of 14 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

May 16, 2013

BadgerNips wrote:

My PS3's disc drive isn't working at the moment, so I'm limted to downloadable games. Naturally enough, a digital version of this game will be somewhat more expensive than its physical counterpart, but certainly cheaper than the physical game and a new or repaired console.

From what I gather, there is due to be a US release of this game on PSN, so I would like to know if there's any word as to a similar scenario for the EU and, more specifically, the UK?

How long you had your PS3? You still may have it under warranty to get repaired for free.

Message 3 of 14 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 16, 2013

loakum wrote:

BadgerNips wrote:

How long you had your PS3? You still may have it under warranty to get repaired for free.

The laser only wears out after the warranty is expired. :smileyhappy: Sony is sneaky like that.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 4 of 14 (175 Views)
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

May 16, 2013

I apologize for being unable to answer your question, but I was wondering where you heard that The Last Of Us would be getting a PSN release?

Message 5 of 14 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

May 25, 2013
So, are there any news about this? I really need to know.
Message 6 of 14 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

May 25, 2013

RandomGuard wrote:

I apologize for being unable to answer your question, but I was wondering where you heard that The Last Of Us would be getting a PSN release?

Naughty Dog said during an interview yesterday that, "the game will be available on PSN the same day as release, and you can play it while it downloads."

I can't answer the Europe question, though.

sig.png

Message 7 of 14 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

May 25, 2013
Could someone from naughty dog tell us something?
Message 8 of 14 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9505 posts

May 25, 2013
^LOL

Message 9 of 14 (92 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 25, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
^LOL

I second this motion.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 10 of 14 (84 Views)