Jan 04 2013
By: supergamer-45 Sackboy 444 posts

Will there be female enemies?

[ Edited ]
57 replies 922 views Edited Jan 4, 2013

I was just wondering if will be any female survivors that you shoot, fight, or whatever. It would a more exciting in my opinion to have female enemies as it could possibly change the dynamics. I mean who wouldn't want to blast a woman's fast off with a shotgun in game or a melee beatdown (maybe I'm going a little over the top) :smileywink: Even though males would be dominmant in survival it would be unrealistic to have only men. 

>
Message 1 of 58 (922 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Re: Will there be female enemies?

Jan 4, 2013

I would not like to blow women's head off with a shotgun. 

Most people would find that  very offensive. 

However, I think it would add a LOT into the immersion. Just like the little sisters add immersion to BioShock. I don't like killing little sisters, however it is GREAT that you could do it.

When you kill someone in uncharted you dont think of then as humans, they are just evil pixels. 

If you make the villans you are fighting more human, you are going to feel every death on your hands, this is exactly  what I think The Last of Us should feel like.

Joel is no hero trying to save the world. There is no bad people on his way, there are just people trying to survive their own way. No such a thing as evil pixels.

Message 2 of 58 (909 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
444 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

Kaloskatoa wrote:

I would not like to blow women's head off with a shotgun. 

Most people would find that  very offensive. 

However, I think it would add a LOT into the immersion. Just like the little sisters add immersion to BioShock. I don't like killing little sisters, however it is GREAT that you could do it.

When you kill someone in uncharted you dont think of then as humans, they are just evil pixels. 

If you make the villans you are fighting more human, you are going to feel every death on your hands, this is exactly  what I think The Last of Us should feel like.

Joel is no hero trying to save the world. There is no bad people on his way, there are just people trying to survive their own way. No such a thing as evil pixels.

They blew the guy's face off with shotgun in the trailer, did many people get offended? What arew you trying to get out of the evil pixels idea?  My question to you: Are you biased towads males in the way that only men can get hurt and women can't? It seems that way.

>
Message 3 of 58 (905 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

lol I wouldn't want to blast anyones face off with a shtgun. That's a last resort type of thing, regardless of gender, but you seem to actively and specifically want to cause harm to women...Yeah, wanting to cause harm to human beings is already f*cked up, but targeting a specific gender is border line mental.

Also, under most circumstances men can overpower women, and I'm sure ND doesn't want to depict images or simulate a tough as nails survivor beating women with pipes and bricks. Don't get me wrong the world isn't black and white, and for the most part I don't think any gender deserves any special rules or immunities, but the subject is already sensative enough and your request is quite trivial.

I doubt these groups of bandits would recruit women, I would imagine they do much different and horrible things to them. There are also plenty of other games out where you can satisfy your cazy urge for shooting and injuring females. There is no biased in videogames, female bandits just wouldn't make sense in this game.

Message 4 of 58 (878 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11233 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Maybe... NOT.

Message 5 of 58 (866 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Jan 5, 2013

This is a point I like to bring up often, this game needs to be its own game. I'm assuming in some instances Ellie can die and you fail the mission/level/checkpoint. But in GTA, you can mindlessly kill women all the time. GTA is a gaming inspiration, many games want to be a big as GTA. Now, I'm not one for violence towards anyone at all, I'm pretty much a pacifist, but this game seems like it's going to pass some borders. Now I'm mostly anticipating the ESRB rating of M to be more specified to know what to expect from this game. But I think women bandits would be a nice touch, we already know you do fight women though, except they're infected. (Proof from the infected bust and gameplay of fighting infected.)

Last Of Us GOTY
Message 6 of 58 (854 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Most people find it horrifying to see a woman get beaten up. 

That is a FACT.

Message 7 of 58 (847 Views)
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Kaloskatoa wrote:

Most people find it horrifying to see a woman get beaten up. 

That is a FACT.

...by a man. Nobody really bashes an eyelash if it's woman on woman violence.

Message 8 of 58 (844 Views)
Naughty Host
9567 posts

Jan 5, 2013
The problem is, how realistic would hardened female bandits be? Would they, theoretically, exist?

Message 9 of 58 (838 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

Im talking about real violence here tough. Not just getting beaten up. (Die Hard 4.0 had a woman get beated up by a guy, thats not the hard violence im talking about).

Lets say, for example you point a shotgun at a woman face on the game, and she shouts crying and shivering "Noooo!". Just like the man on the first gameplay video did. 

The reaction people would have to something like that would be a lot worse. 

About what I said on evil pixels, well, the enemies on uncharted pretty much look the same, they look evil, they say "THERE HE IS" with a goon voice and laugh when you die.  They ain't human enemies, they are evil goons, you just cant sympathize with then.

On The Last of Us universe, the people you are going to face, are survivors and the things they do, joel already did in the past too.  

They aint just goons trying to kill drake. They are survivors just like Joel and Ellie, 

Message 10 of 58 (833 Views)
0 Likes