Jul 02 2013
By: Lord_quam First Son 1 posts

Will this game be made for other systems?

16 replies 402 views Edited Jul 2, 2013

Do you plan on making this game for other gaming systems?

My PS3 recently broke and Sony wants to charge me a lot of money to fix it.  Something about a firmware update they made and my system didn't like it.  I'd buy a new system but they're WAY too much.  $300 plus tax!

I think your game is cool, from what I see and hear about it on the internet.

Message 1 of 17 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
570 posts

Re: Will this game be made for other systems?

Jul 2, 2013

Naughty Dog is owned by Sony so no. That's like asking for Halo to be put on Playstation. 

Message 2 of 17 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Jul 2, 2013
If the it's the firmware update that bricked your ps3 they released an update for it. To get to get it on to your ps3 you need to get the update from your pc than put it on your USB and transfer it over to your ps3. I did a bad job of explaining it but you should be able to find a tutorial on the Internet of how to do it.
Message 3 of 17 (366 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jul 2, 2013
Will it show up on the Xbox, WiiU, or PC? No! Naughty dog is ownded by Sony so the games made by Naughty Dog will only ever be released on Sony consoles. The best you can hope for is that they re release this on the PS4. However it's unlikely they will for a long time if ever. Most likely what will happen is they will make some sequels for The Last of Us then they will release an The Last of Us collection that includes a version of this game for the ps4.

Another possibility is you could play this on ps4 by using Gelekiki(?) which allows you to stream games from ps1, 2, and 3 onto the ps4 over the Internet however that service won't be available at launch and even when it's available it could be awhile before the last of us shows up on there.
Message 4 of 17 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Jul 2, 2013

It'll be on Xbox One

Message 5 of 17 (336 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Jul 3, 2013

JOSH55886 wrote:

Naughty Dog is owned by Sony so no. That's like asking for Halo to be put on Playstation. 

They once said the same of Mass Effect...it's funny to dig up some very old forum posts where people say Mass effect will always be on xbox only lol. 

Still I personally think it will never go to another system...

TLOU Ellie Signature photo Snowysignature2_zps1e7a159e.png
Message 6 of 17 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Jul 3, 2013
PS4 I hope so.
Message 7 of 17 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Jul 3, 2013
Nope.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 8 of 17 (254 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

Strange... They done the best game on PS3, when next generation coming very soon. It's very brutal. So when I'll buy PS4, and if I'll want to play The Last of Us again I will have to disable the PS4, then unpack the PS3 and connect it? It is not comfortable!

Message 9 of 17 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1407 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

Lord_quam wrote:

Do you plan on making this game for other gaming systems?

My PS3 recently broke and Sony wants to charge me a lot of money to fix it.  Something about a firmware update they made and my system didn't like it.  I'd buy a new system but they're WAY too much.  $300 plus tax!

I think your game is cool, from what I see and hear about it on the internet.

#1 As is stated by other on this thread if it was the update that bricked your PS3 then there is a fix for it.  Look on the internet as Sony has a step by step directions on what to do in order to fix this issue.

#2 If your PS3 is broke from another reason (yellow light) then DONT try to get Sony to fix it if its out of warranty....they will charge and arm and a leg for it.  Check around in your local area...there are many companies that offer to fix your PS3 for a much more reasonable price.  Or if you are computer literate you can do it yourself using youtube walkthroughs.....although if your even on these forums asking this question I highly doubt you fall into this category.

Message 10 of 17 (228 Views)
0 Likes