Jun 03 2013
By: D-Squad3 Fender Bender 2913 posts

Will you "restart last encounter"?

14 replies 969 views Edited Jun 3, 2013

So let's say you're trying to sneak your way through without being spotted, but you do get spotted, will you just play along with it or will you restart last encounter until you get pass the part the way you wanted to?

Message 1 of 15 (969 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Re: Will you "restart last encounter"?

Jun 3, 2013
The only games I use restart in are racing games, this game is about adapting to your situation, thinking quickly on your feet. Ill play it the way it was meant to be played.
Message 2 of 15 (958 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Jun 3, 2013

evilkid98 wrote:
The only games I use restart in are racing games, this game is about adapting to your situation, thinking quickly on your feet. Ill play it the way it was meant to be played.

More like, "The way that YOU think it should be played." Ugh

Yes, I have a feeling that I will be re-starting areas a LOT on harder difficulties (Normal, not so much). I do like to beat areas the way that I want to beat them. I imagine ill play this game like I do MGS--ill sneak, be patient, conserve ammo and supplies, and re-start if I get "seen" or perform below my expectations.

I re-started section in Uncharted all the time.  I love going about set-pieces a number of different ways. Its hugely entertaining to me.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 3 of 15 (933 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Yeah I won't restart the encounters.  I will try to stealth but if I get caught I will use whatever is available in the area to defend myself.  After that, the guns will come out.  If I use up what I have saved then the next encounter will be that much more intense and I will fear for my life a whole lot more which will make me play smarter.

Message 4 of 15 (923 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 3, 2013

D-Squad3 wrote:

So let's say you're trying to sneak your way through without being spotted, but you do get spotted, will you just play along with it or will you restart last encounter until you get pass the part the way you wanted to?

I will play along. Because I want my first expirience to feel real. I want feel like I am in the game.

Message 5 of 15 (916 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jun 3, 2013

evilkid98 wrote:

I agree entirely with this.

Normally in a game where I'm trying to be stealthy I'll restart the last checkpoint if I get spotted. But The Last of Us is a different story. It's all about adapting, and accepting the consequences of sloppy actions.

I want to play the game as if I'm actually Joel. I'll try my best to sneak through sections, and if I get spotted, I'll handle the situation as best I can. I know it's ambitious, but I'm going to try to beat the game on Hard without ever dying or restarting a checkpoint...

LOL, we'll see how that goes. Surely I'll die, but I'm going to try my best to actually pretend this is a real post-apocalyptic scenario (in other words, no dying!)

Message 6 of 15 (901 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Depends on the situation. Like maybe trying to conserve ammo and using a stealth playthrough then yeah I will have to restart last encounter.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 15 (892 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Playing the Hard more in the demo only gave you less supplies, so I'll play first on Hard. Since there's no other obvious change that I noticed, maybe you took more damage. Playing on Hard is a great way to make the time you invest in the game longer, as well. Whatever happens, happens. I'll try the MGS style of sneak while adopting the predator like skills I got from playing the Arkham games. If all else fails and I'm caught, guns are immediately what's coming out.

Last Of Us GOTY
Message 8 of 15 (891 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 3, 2013
I'll probably be restating a lot of encounters with hunters. I always like to attempt different tactics
Message 9 of 15 (862 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Jun 3, 2013

I won't restart encounters. The game is made dynamically and nothing goes as planned. I will just go along with it as the game kind of promotes this type of play anyway. Although people can do as they please but this game doesn't give me that type of impression that I need to restart it. I love having that suprise if I mess up and hit a bottle then it's on like donkey kong.

Message 10 of 15 (853 Views)
0 Likes