Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Re: Without spoilers, what is this game like

Jul 21, 2014

conquerator3 wrote:
Don't forget to play on Grounded the first time too! I think that ranks up as one of the better very hard difficulties.
It is pretty hard, perhaps near my top interns of sheer difficulty but still manageable via trial and error... You will persevere and learn every location by heart cause that's what's necessary. You will develop tactics and refine your game. It will be hard but if you persevere it is very manageable. It took a seasoned player like me between 10 - 15 hours but it was my 4th playthrough so don't really start on this difficulty Smiley Tongue

You can play Grounded right off the bat? Hellz yes my PS4 experience just got better Smiley Very Happy

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 11 of 18 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Jul 22, 2014

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

conquerator3 wrote:
Don't forget to play on Grounded the first time too! I think that ranks up as one of the better very hard difficulties.
It is pretty hard, perhaps near my top interns of sheer difficulty but still manageable via trial and error... You will persevere and learn every location by heart cause that's what's necessary. You will develop tactics and refine your game. It will be hard but if you persevere it is very manageable. It took a seasoned player like me between 10 - 15 hours but it was my 4th playthrough so don't really start on this difficulty Smiley Tongue

You can play Grounded right off the bat? Hellz yes my PS4 experience just got better Smiley Very Happy

I don't really know so... Smiley Tongue 

Message 12 of 18 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Jul 22, 2014

conquerator3 wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

conquerator3 wrote:

I don't really know so... Smiley Tongue 

Why do you have to tease me? Not cool, amigo Smiley Very Happy

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 13 of 18 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Jul 23, 2014

Put it this way i started playing it in November/December time last year a couple of months after getting it in a bundle with GTA V, i put off playing it because i dont do well with scary stuff and i was told it's pretty scary but anyway i started it and finished it just before Christmas and i can't even count anymore how many times i've replayed it since, i was even playing it last night until 4am. It's literally the best game i've ever played. I love the story, the characters and the control system i love everything about it. I've tried playing other games in the past couple of months but so far i haven't completed any because i have to keep going back to The Last of Us.

I even considered buying a PS4 just for the remastered version it's just that good. My advice to you is play it with subtitles on, i didn't at first and i missed a lot of dialogue from people that were talking from a distance and also explore as much as you can. I've watched a lot of youtube videos of people playing the game and nearly all of them are rushing it particularly at first and they just walk past people that are talking when if you stop and listen you get more of an idea of the situations people are in and it just adds to the story and feel of the game. They also miss collectables which isnt as important but still most of them are again little gems that add so much to the story of what life is like for these people now. Most of all just enjoy it, i wish i could go back and play it for the first time and get all those first feelings of amazement all over again Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 18 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Jul 27, 2014

the best, period. play it. a lot. 

Message 15 of 18 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Jul 27, 2014

StellaBella84 wrote:

Put it this way i started playing it in November/December time last year a couple of months after getting it in a bundle with GTA V, i put off playing it because i dont do well with scary stuff and i was told it's pretty scary but anyway i started it and finished it just before Christmas and i can't even count anymore how many times i've replayed it since, i was even playing it last night until 4am. It's literally the best game i've ever played. I love the story, the characters and the control system i love everything about it. I've tried playing other games in the past couple of months but so far i haven't completed any because i have to keep going back to The Last of Us.

I even considered buying a PS4 just for the remastered version it's just that good. My advice to you is play it with subtitles on, i didn't at first and i missed a lot of dialogue from people that were talking from a distance and also explore as much as you can. I've watched a lot of youtube videos of people playing the game and nearly all of them are rushing it particularly at first and they just walk past people that are talking when if you stop and listen you get more of an idea of the situations people are in and it just adds to the story and feel of the game. They also miss collectables which isnt as important but still most of them are again little gems that add so much to the story of what life is like for these people now. Most of all just enjoy it, i wish i could go back and play it for the first time and get all those first feelings of amazement all over again Smiley Very Happy

Me too, I actually get a bit envious of poeple who are about to experience it for the first time! That's not to say TLOU doesn't have replay value but it's just not quite the same after the first playthrough.................

Message 16 of 18 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Jul 27, 2014
I'm excited for it, I didn't watch any videos or read any reviews other than some on here, hopefully the game is great as everybody says. I only finished one game in recent memory and that's dead space, hopefully this has the same gameplay value or even better. Thanks for the comments everyone
Message 17 of 18 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Aug 2, 2014
Ok thought id give everybody who responded an update, the game is amazing, likely the best game I've ever played.. So far I am just entering the fall season, question is was anybody else a bit confused up to this point?
Message 18 of 18 (42 Views)
0 Likes