Apr 15 2013
By: Lt_K4RL0S Wastelander 585 posts

Would TLOU Win GOTY?

59 replies 427 views Edited Apr 15, 2013

I've been thinking lately about which games are likely contenders of the GOTY of 2013. So far, Bioshock is looking VERY promising. Cross-platform, a unique art style, loveable characters and addictive gameplay mechanics. It certainly sets the bar. Then there is also the Tomb Raider re-boot, highly successful although having some minor flaws. Then we look at games that are on the way, like GTA V, Batman Arkham Origins, Beyond Two Souls etc. They're all high quality games no doubt. GTA V especially. Regardless of whether or not GTA V will be amazing or not it still has it's ginormous fan-base to back it up.

All of these incredible games are undobutedly on par with TLOU, and sadly may overcome it and score GOTY. Whilst I'm already in love with TLOU and have high hopes for it, I'm convinced it will not win GOTY. Something tells me it may not be the game we're all hoping for and threw all of our savings towards.

What do you guys think? Is this a fair point or am I just too hard to impress?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 60 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Re: Would TLOU Win GOTY?

[ Edited ]
Apr 15, 2013

As good as Bioshock Infinite was,it has a lot of untapped potential in my opinion,the explanation of numerous things like the enemies are lacked,many people expected,a lot of the old E3 demo footage was expected to be in the game or at least feature some parts,and many other things. Though right now it depends on the DLC and how good it is.

Honestly we really have to wait for The Last of Us to come out,I think it's a solid competition between Ellie and Elizabeth (start with El...),soundtrack both are amazing,gameplay is also amazing,so it really comes down to the storyline and character interaction,personally I have my vote on the Last of Us. Especially since it's gonna have multiplayer,and the storyline looks amazing and really can't wait to see character interaction between Joel and Ellie.

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 60 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Apr 15, 2013
I dunno if TLoU can win....I mean it has heavy competition like Modern Warfare 4 & Battlefield 4....
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 60 (417 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Apr 15, 2013
TLOU WILL AND MUST WIN GOTY!!!!!!!!!!!
bioshock inf wasnt that good imo..
and BF4 is comming next year ^
only fear is GTA V.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 60 (409 Views)
Splicer
54 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Will it win GOTY?? well yes but how many since every god da*n gaming site has it own GOTY list so yeah how many if any is the right question..and VGA awards are tottaly rigged imean the audince should be gamers and game developers not celebrities...

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w580/moesoulman/dark_zps855e1df8.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 60 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2309 posts

Apr 15, 2013

The Last of Us will be game of FOREVER.

Seriously I've never collected as much crap for anything in my life.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 60 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2048 posts

Apr 15, 2013

I've got high hopes for it. But I'll wait till I get my hands on it.  

@Hippo: Man I feel the same way. It's an amazing game, but after some much time and seeing the demos, you expect more. Honestly I think they had too much time. Allows for too many builds an changes. But, let's stick to TLoU.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 60 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
836 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Most certainly .

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 60 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1561 posts

Apr 15, 2013
No, CoD will win GOTY, I just know it. :smileywink:
[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 60 (364 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
45157 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Lt_K4RL0S wrote:

I've been thinking lately about which games are likely contenders of the GOTY of 2013. So far, Bioshock is looking VERY promising. Cross-platform, a unique art style, loveable characters and addictive gameplay mechanics. It certainly sets the bar. Then there is also the Tomb Raider re-boot, highly successful although having some minor flaws. Then we look at games that are on the way, like GTA V, Batman Arkham Origins, Beyond Two Souls etc. They're all high quality games no doubt. GTA V especially. Regardless of whether or not GTA V will be amazing or not it still has it's ginormous fan-base to back it up.

All of these incredible games are undobutedly on par with TLOU, and sadly may overcome it and score GOTY. Whilst I'm already in love with TLOU and have high hopes for it, I'm convinced it will not win GOTY. Something tells me it may not be the game we're all hoping for and threw all of our savings towards.

What do you guys think? Is this a fair point or am I just too hard to impress?

Its hard to say right now, I'll have to actually play through the whole game before I can say if I think it will be a GOTY or not.  However, naughtydog has impressed me with other games so the chances are high it will at least be considered!

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 60 (347 Views)
0 Likes