Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
65 posts

Re: Would TLOU Win GOTY?

Apr 15, 2013

Gameplay wise I think that Last of Us could be something new and refreshing, since we haven't had something difficult to the point where you have to plan your attack recently. But, Last of Us has to bring an amazing story full of twists and turns and lots of feels to try to be on par with Bioshock Infinite's story. Even though Infinite's gameplay wasn't amazing the story completely blew me away. The last Naughty Dog game with a truly great story was the Jak Trilogy so let's hope Naughty Dog brings that kind of ingenuity to this game.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 60 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Apr 15, 2013
I don't think the last of us will win. No matter how good the game is people will say "its just another zombie game" or "its a walking dead rip off" but I'm sure it will be my goty. I just hope the story doesn't turn out to be predictable like ellie being the cure or Joel dying at the end. Because these are all things that people can predict at first glance of the game. Naughty dog should know this. I really hope it lives up to the hype. I have very high expectations for this game and if it doesn't deliver it will be the most disappointing game ever for me. The only game I have ever been slightly let down for was dear space 3. All other games that I knew would be amazing actually were amazing and I hope that is he same with the last of us.

Naughty dog has never let me down so I am confident that this game will be amazing.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 60 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
8535 posts

Apr 15, 2013
BioShock will win, simply because it's on multiple platforms and people have put it on an impossibly high pedestal. Let's just hope that two months is enoigh for tne hype to die down.

NASWIPP.png

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 60 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

I've got high hopes for it. But I'll wait till I get my hands on it.  

@Hippo: Man I feel the same way. It's an amazing game, but after some much time and seeing the demos, you expect more. Honestly I think they had too much time. Allows for too many builds an changes. But, let's stick to TLoU.

I mean Bioshock Infinite is still an amazing game,I think they didn't add some of the footage shown from the demo because they probably couldn't,but again they let down a lot of customers so I really doubt that it would win GOTY really. Like the Boy of Silence,as Ken Levine said,walking security cameras,including they use sound as an weapon,in the game they ended up just standing in one freaking spot and didn't even use sound to locate you,but instead use their eyes (which by the way they're blind) to find you. Honestly the first Bioshock was much better in my opinion. Again I still love Infinite though,and even though it did disappoint me with a lot of things,I'm still happy I played the game.

If you want to read about what could've made Bioshock Infinite better,go here:

http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?232506-What-s-your-ideal-Bioshock

Really I think the only chance of it giving GOTY is with the DLC,but I'm really putting my bets on The Last of Us.

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 60 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Good thread btw Hippo. 100% agree.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 60 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Apr 15, 2013
^ infinite isn't as good as bioshock 1. After beating it and loving it I went back and played bioshock 1 and the more I played it the more I noticed the flaws of infinite. The gameplay has been dumbed down. You can't hold all your weapons at once, you don't get different ammo types, you can only have 4 gears which are basically tonics (in bioshock 1 you can have 20 equipped) and in infinite they took away lot of extra fun things like the research camera and hacking. Also the plasmids weren't as useful. I only used 2 the whole game.

Also the story wasn't as good. Bioshock 1's plot twist was so amazing because it complete changed your outlook on the whole story l so when u play it a second time the story feels completely new. infinites plot twist was pretty generic Imo it was your standard (SPOILER) oh I'm the bad guy and she's my daughter plot twist. Which doesn't have the same impact as bioshock 1's plot twist and when playing through the game a second time it isn't as fun because you start to see some flaws in the twist like why is Comstock racist? And why does he have a different than you?

Also infinites biggest most memorable moment was big and memorable BECAUSE (SPOILER) you went back to rapture. You went back to bioshock 1.

All in all bioshock infinite is more forgettable than its predecessor. Even in the enemy design. Nothing tops the big daddy still. And most of the enemies were basically reskined enemies from bioshock 1. Like the fire guys were basically the grenaders from bioshock 1 and the crow guys were basically houdini splicers. And the basic enemies are just bad guys with guns. Which isn't as cool as splicers.

Also the game is more linear and scripted. Bioshock 1 would let you loose in a massive open ended level where it would let you explore and it would let u choose how you go about it on the enemies. But infinite is more linear and every fight plays out the same. Enemies come out and you have to kill them.

Basically if infinite wins game of the year I'll be disappointed. It is still a great game and it's refreshing but when compared to bioshock 1 it really isn't that amazing.

THE LAST OF US FTW!
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 60 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Apr 15, 2013
*why does Comstock have a different voice than you
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 60 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Go to 2K forums. Someone probably has brought this up before. Lets try to keep this about TLoU.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 60 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Apr 15, 2013
I know I just had to let it out. I'm such a last of us fanboy. I want it to win goty but I'm pretty sure infinite will which angers me
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 60 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 15, 2013

It's alright man. Whenever Bioshock is brought up it can't be helped that it de-rails the crap out of every thread. :smileyhappy: 

I do agree with you. But, lets just leave it at that.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 60 (124 Views)
0 Likes