Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
10909 posts

Re: Would TLOU Win GOTY?

Apr 15, 2013

If The Last of Us ends up being an impressive piece of software then I can imagine it standing up against the best of contenders this year. At this point however it's all merely speculation. When paired with multiplayer, the Uncharted series fared worse in the end compared to previous titles from Naughty Dog. I can only imagine a similar fate would be bestowed upon this next entry in their arsenal.

Other titles to consider this year would also consist of everything from Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch to Beyond: Two Souls. Heavy Rain certainly made an impression back in 2010. Could the same be said about Quantic Dream's upcoming 'venture?

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 60 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Apr 15, 2013
We really should just wait for The Last of Us to come out before speculating to much. Really I think it's gonna be a really really close tie between them,but I'm just gonna have to say The Last of Us again for all the reasons I posted in my previous comments,but that's only based on the little footage we received,I really don't think we should be making such big speculations until they release more footage or until the game is out.

Bioshock Infinite,to be honest I was not expecting that much from it,but when it came out,my mind = blown. If you're saying Bioshock Infinite is gonna win you're just saying that cause you're probably underestimating The Last of Us. I'm a big Bioshock fan,but even I have to admit that Bioshock won't win,but again we haven't got enough footage yet to actually say The Last of Us will win either.
Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 60 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Apr 15, 2013

TLOU will not win, but I want it to win

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 60 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 15, 2013
Don't be so sure. We should wait till we get our hands on it. I'm sure it has a good chance. Joel and Ellie will put up a good fight. :smileyhappy:

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 60 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Apr 15, 2013
As Nate said,don't be to sure. I'm tired of reposting like a dozen reasons why Bioshock Infinite won't get GOTY. I completely underestimated Bioshock Infinite and I am not gonna do that with The Last of Us either.
Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 60 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1750 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Bioshock, Tomb Raider, GTA 5, and GOW: Ascension are big contenders, but im 100% sure that tlou would make its own mark. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 60 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Apr 15, 2013

wais_45 wrote:

Bioshock, Tomb Raider, GTA 5, and GOW: Ascension are big contenders, but im 100% sure that tlou would make its own mark. 

God of War Ascension? I really doubt it,from what I read the gameplay is amazing and multiplayer,but the story lacked while Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider has amazing gameplay,storyline,and multiplayer (Tomb Raider).

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 60 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13216 posts

Apr 16, 2013

GOTY for this year... I'm pretty confident wont be TLoU.

GTA 5 / Beyond / Tomb Raider or some downloadable like last year.

The reasons why I say that is.

GTA 5. It's GTA.. The last one was a well written masterpiece for the most part. Only let down was it's controls, we'll see how that one goes this time, if they nail the controls with a story it will be unreal.

Beyond.. It's Quantic Dream, it will be great, I have 100% faith in them. Yeah my pessimistic view goes away whenever I think of Quantic Dream or David Cage. Every game they have done has been absolute perfection.

Tomb Raider kinda shocked me with how good it was. I was expecting the whole game would be centered around multiplayer. In one way it's positive it wasn't it had a great story, in another way it kinda wasn't positive because it has zero replay value.

ND have to re-establish themselves as good developers after Uncharted 3. GOTY is asking a bit too much after that mess of a game.

But if GOW wins anything. That is it, I will quit gaming since people have no idea what a good game is. That game is without any doubt in my mind the worst video game series I've ever seen. It makes me want to play Terminator Salvation.. Which actually is vastly superior to GOW. Then again.. So was Big Rigs for the PC xD.. Okay maybe thats too far.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 60 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Apr 16, 2013
^ gears or God of War?
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 60 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13216 posts

Apr 16, 2013

themarcshark223 wrote:
^ gears or God of War?

God of War is a terrible game.

Gears of War is a fantastic game.

:smileyhappy:

Shame it's on a console that would prefer to give you red lights over game time.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 60 (118 Views)
0 Likes