Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 19 2013
By: Glockist1 First Son 13 posts

Your Ideas for The Last of Us 2

88 replies 2682 views Edited Aug 19, 2013

Ok, I've posted a similar entry not long ago. I wasn't all that satisfied.

Ok so here's the deal. Lemme know what you're expecting from the sequel. Throw it all up here.

Should it feature Ellie and Joel again?

Are you some other crazy guy who want's to discard them?

let ND know which sequel will the people buy.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 89 (2,682 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Re: Your Ideas for The Last of Us 2

[ Edited ]
Aug 19, 2013

Good question friend :smileyvery-happy: 

I would appreciate something new and brave. Perhaps we could move it to Europe and ND could take advantage of the region's vernacular to make some of the characters seem different in tone and perhaps they could take advantage of the region to play around with set pieces. Or maybe they could have a different strain of the C fungus that causes the host to do something we haven't seen before - the reasoning behind that being that it would be a little far fetched if a new kind of 'infected' just sprung into existence in the USA for the sake of the new game. 

On the other hand ...

We never got a conclusive ending for Joel and/or Ellie. I can understand why Neil decided to end it on the note he decided to end it with but after I calmed down (after finishing the game) I realized that it was cliff-hanger's attractive cousin 'ambiguity'. And ambiguity really doesn't give 2 cruds what you think.  Which is cruel seeing as how we're not as satisfied as we know we can be.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 89 (2,672 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Aug 19, 2013

Well, I've actually caught wind of Naughty Dog's latest soundbite. Turns out that it is extremely likely for TLOU to work on Ellie and Joel's storyline again.

Yay for me and the majority of TLOU's gaming population.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 89 (2,661 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Aug 19, 2013
well since ND never changed the main chars I don't think and hope they would change the main chars.
and there is much more places left in the United States to discover. I mean as a European it's nice to see some some you probably don't know. so I couldn't enjoy the game setting if it would be in Europe because ya well it's home u know xD (Europeans my go with it).

actually I don't know what I would like to see in the last of us 2 and main plot.
I think ND will take some time to write a bit around. and I hope they do so...
I wish I could sometimes in the future have some more time with Joel and Ellie.

ah right,
before I forgot,
TLOU2 doesn't need to be so highly emotional than tlou,
but I need more to know - you see there is still much left and I think this problem can't solved with 1 single dlc

cya
"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Ellie: I've listen to your lie, and your story. And I can't take it anymore.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 89 (2,659 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Aug 19, 2013
I want to see new characters and I want to be dramatically different from Joel and Ellie. I would like to see a story were you are one of the hunters that is part of a small group that betrays you and another member of the group leaving you both for dead. This will be a story driven by revenge. These two hunters that were betrayed travel across great distances just to kill those who wronged them. And on the journey they meet up with different groups hunters, non hunters, and fireflies; and it would be dealers choice on how you interact with each group. Will you use them? Steal? Kill? Whatever you choose is up to you. And I'm on the edge of whether it should be co op or not. If it was it should do what dead space 3 did.
Also I think Joel and Ellie's story is done, if they were brought back they should be npcs that the new hero meets.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 89 (2,616 Views)
Wastelander
805 posts

Aug 19, 2013

I recommend Naughty Dog not make another tLoU game unless they have enough good ideas to make it impress us as much as the first did.  Too many great games have had half-baked sequels as the developers attempt to cash-in on residual good will. 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 89 (2,606 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Aug 20, 2013
If ND made a Last of Us 2 and it were to feature joel and ellie, I think it would be freaking awesome to play as a grown up ellie and maybe joel is really old and dies near the beginning of the game.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 89 (2,593 Views)
Last Guardian
11061 posts

Aug 20, 2013

I wish Joel would sing. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 89 (2,579 Views)
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 20, 2013
I'm confused, why many say Joel is extrem old? in tlou he is 48 /49 even if Ellie would be a bit older in tlou2 let's may 18 his guy would be 53/54 is that freakin old and a age to die??? so lol..

hoping my grandpa don't read this he heading next year to 90 but still alive aye..
"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Ellie: I've listen to your lie, and your story. And I can't take it anymore.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 89 (2,569 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 20, 2013

1) I think Ellie should be able to swim in the next game, but that removes one fun part of the game (pallets). I actually don't know whether I want pallets in the game or not... 

2) Combine items -> if you have e.g. a Molotov and a Shiv, you can combine them to heat the Shiv with the fire and use the Shiv then to cause so much surprising pain to enemy (sneak attack of course) that he faints.

3) Non-lethal takedowns - Joel should realize all life is worth saving or such after becoming like a dad to Ellie, meaning non-lethal takedowns. It could include choking (I think that's non-lethal already... some chokes kill I suppose), shock kill (using a heated Shiv's side on throat) or simply using a gun stock to make the enemy unconscious.

4) Moral decisions - Maybe not to affect the ending, but to affect the in-game dialogue, NPC hostility/friendliness, and such. For example, you see an injured woman lying on the road but she makes quite a noise. Will you pass the woman and survive the possible Infected attack without any harm happening to you or will you help her to reach her safehouse nearby and run from the Clickers? (Much like the soldier near the beginning of the game, whose mask was broken)

5) Fires - If you have a Molotov, you can use it to light something and block the Infected from coming from that direction. For example you could set a fire to a trash bin filled with paper, making the Infected fear the heat and retreat until it burns out.

6) More interactable environment - You could press Triangle on a weak-looking wall to find a hidden room, break plank barriers if you have a Melee weapon etc.

7) Binoculars - In order to see enemy locations far away without them seeing you.

8) Upgradable Molotovs/Shivs/Nail Bombs etc. - Either upgrade them with the workbench or have more Training Manuals for them (e.g. throw further, shiv from further away, additional shrapnel).

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 89 (2,554 Views)