Ok, I've posted a similar entry not long ago. I wasn't all that satisfied.
Ok so here's the deal. Lemme know what you're expecting from the sequel. Throw it all up here.
Should it feature Ellie and Joel again?
Are you some other crazy guy who want's to discard them?
let ND know which sequel will the people buy.
Good question friend
I would appreciate something new and brave. Perhaps we could move it to Europe and ND could take advantage of the region's vernacular to make some of the characters seem different in tone and perhaps they could take advantage of the region to play around with set pieces. Or maybe they could have a different strain of the C fungus that causes the host to do something we haven't seen before - the reasoning behind that being that it would be a little far fetched if a new kind of 'infected' just sprung into existence in the USA for the sake of the new game.
On the other hand ...
We never got a conclusive ending for Joel and/or Ellie. I can understand why Neil decided to end it on the note he decided to end it with but after I calmed down (after finishing the game) I realized that it was cliff-hanger's attractive cousin 'ambiguity'. And ambiguity really doesn't give 2 cruds what you think. Which is cruel seeing as how we're not as satisfied as we know we can be.
Well, I've actually caught wind of Naughty Dog's latest soundbite. Turns out that it is extremely likely for TLOU to work on Ellie and Joel's storyline again.
Yay for me and the majority of TLOU's gaming population.
1) I think Ellie should be able to swim in the next game, but that removes one fun part of the game (pallets). I actually don't know whether I want pallets in the game or not...
2) Combine items -> if you have e.g. a Molotov and a Shiv, you can combine them to heat the Shiv with the fire and use the Shiv then to cause so much surprising pain to enemy (sneak attack of course) that he faints.
3) Non-lethal takedowns - Joel should realize all life is worth saving or such after becoming like a dad to Ellie, meaning non-lethal takedowns. It could include choking (I think that's non-lethal already... some chokes kill I suppose), shock kill (using a heated Shiv's side on throat) or simply using a gun stock to make the enemy unconscious.
4) Moral decisions - Maybe not to affect the ending, but to affect the in-game dialogue, NPC hostility/friendliness, and such. For example, you see an injured woman lying on the road but she makes quite a noise. Will you pass the woman and survive the possible Infected attack without any harm happening to you or will you help her to reach her safehouse nearby and run from the Clickers? (Much like the soldier near the beginning of the game, whose mask was broken)
5) Fires - If you have a Molotov, you can use it to light something and block the Infected from coming from that direction. For example you could set a fire to a trash bin filled with paper, making the Infected fear the heat and retreat until it burns out.
6) More interactable environment - You could press Triangle on a weak-looking wall to find a hidden room, break plank barriers if you have a Melee weapon etc.
7) Binoculars - In order to see enemy locations far away without them seeing you.
8) Upgradable Molotovs/Shivs/Nail Bombs etc. - Either upgrade them with the workbench or have more Training Manuals for them (e.g. throw further, shiv from further away, additional shrapnel).