Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Re: Your Ideas for The Last of Us 2

Aug 20, 2013

A possible way to connect the first game to the sequel right here [or any further DLC, but rather the former :smileyvery-happy:]

I think this is how it would be really awesome.

The DLC/sequel/prequel would start right after the epilogue. Joel would be talking to Ellie, teaching her how to swim, play guitar, other stuff and during that she'd be asking Joel about his past, revealing some of her past as well as other character's past like Bill's or Tommy's or Tess. WeWe would get flashbacks of these [playable of course]. After each flashback they'd be doing something else, showing the fine daughter-father thing kinda.

This part could be the SP DLC or a prequel + some more stuff

After all has been said and done, the sequel could kick in as Ellie would know that Joel lied to her and possibly forcing Joel on another journey to find an alternative cure [as she simply cannot live while knowing she, the only cure for humanity is living, while people are dying].

Message 11 of 144 (1,394 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 21, 2013

I believe that the Last of Us 2 should put more clarity on 1.  Now what I mean by this is that Joel had recognized an ambush, than later told Ellie that he used to do those.  I'd like ND to do a whole story on Joels life after the outbreak and losing Sarah. I want to know how Joel had a thawing out with his brother and how his brother made his town.  Maybe do a switch back and forth certain points in the story playing as joel and as tommy. I'd also like to know how did Joel meet Tess and did they have a relationship at some point? This is more of a prequel for the sequel.  After they make this game it would than leave them open for a whole nother game to make this a trilogy!

Message 12 of 144 (1,325 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
595 posts

Oct 22, 2013

For a sequel I'd like Ellie to be the protaganist.  I still want Joel in it, but I want to play as Ellie more.  When you're a strong man and you're carrying a ton of weapons, it's not as scary.  When you're a young girl, with a pistol and significantly weaker than the enemies (like in the winter chapter) I just thought it was more challenging and compelling.  

I don't think Joel and Ellie should do a "try and find the fireflies" story again, but I would like their relationship expanded on.  A lot of people want it with new characters, I disagree.  I'd like to see Ellie and Joel back.

Message 13 of 144 (1,313 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Oct 22, 2013

it seems abit early to start ideas for the game, but i do have one idea for new infected. needs to be more intense and scary gameplay. i was thing a part of the game where you need to go through a plantation, or a radiation plant. and the infected that roam inside, turn into something even more deadly. and when a bloater get mutated, its all over. just an idea that should be tooken into thought.

even though it says ALPHA-GHOST-775 its actually
ALPHA-GHOST-187
Message 14 of 144 (1,291 Views)
Wastelander
666 posts

Oct 23, 2013
If they do it. Joel and Ellie, no one else. I think they can do great things with a sequel. Lots to build on and improve. I mean look at Uncharted 2. They can do wonders with a sequel.
Message 15 of 144 (1,287 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2013

So I met this female the other day in my "BEAT ME AND WIN A CAR" room.

Message 16 of 144 (1,261 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1066 posts

Oct 25, 2013

while I do really want to p;ay a LOU game that I dont already know, I almost dont want them to make a second one. The story was so good, and the ending was very well done IMO, partially bc of the ambiguity. Actually making a 2nd game and tell us what for sure happens with those 2 would almost diminsh the ending of the 1st game to me...but I really want a 2nd game lol, im conflicted

photo c2360113-3b52-4c69-8e36-3bb37cb9501c_zps713c8462.png
Message 17 of 144 (1,233 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Oct 25, 2013

1) One thing that should definitely be included, and I'm surprised that it was not, was the ability to move bodies.  Now, granted, this could probably make the game too easy and is likely the reason it was excluded in the first place.  However, any game in which I can stealth kill, and then subsequently have mobs become alert by finding their dead brethren, should also include moving corpses.  It's true that Joel can move the uninfected before taking their life, but that simply isn't good enough.  In some cases that would be the right thing to do, and in others it would be best to kill the person straight away and then move them.  The design should be altered so that the previous sentence holds true.

2) Female enemies (not just the infected).  I know it's a downer and a sensitivity issue, but dang it all, it plainly makes sense that female humans would be attempting to kill the player(s).  Frankly, the fact that there are NO women trying to kill Joel and Ellie, and who require being killed, is sexist.  It's almost as if the game (and almost every game that exists) is saying that women could not find a place of strength and resistance in an apocalyptic world.  I despise that.  I'm a man, and I absolutely know that women would not become weak and unseen.

3. Co-op.  Even if it is just in a DLC, it is necessary.  The game is a beautiful singleplayer piece of art, but having a friend in the post-society would make it all the better.  TLoU would be even more awesome if there were some co-op levels.  Try not to think of those that already exist in the game, but new levels built around, and challenging, the concept of two players taking action at once.

Message 18 of 144 (1,223 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2013

i would love to see a lot more game in game play: meaning if they traveled to a city and come across someone in need of help,he/she offers lets say a snipe scope if they found food for the person. ellie and joel fight thru the town to find food return it and recieved the scope.but everyone doesnt mean good. meaning they went to another town and came across someone who asked them to clear out a store for ammo. they clear it out for him/her but the person tries to keep ellie and joel.come across a scientist who needs 10 clickers compo and he offers meds.they come across a woman/man wither being jumped by hooligans or attacked by zombies.

so having a lot of other ways to gain money,food,collectibles,upgrades,etc.

also it would be nice to have a place of rest for them. so they come to a city and clear out a house or apt of zombies and the place becomes a place of rest,sort of a save opt or maybe a place to return back to.

early in lou they came across a wanted poster so i thought there would be certain people they would have to find for maybe rewards ,etc.so maybe introducing that as a way of gaining money. there are remaining fireflies to capture across the state or u.s.

if joel brother's camp is still intact,lets make it a safe haven for some people jole and ellie saved along their journey and have some inneraction whenever they returned to the camp the people they saved would say something like thank you,etc.

the camp actually being a place that needs defending, so the more people ellie and joel is able to save along the way, the more they have to defend the camp.

Message 19 of 144 (1,217 Views)
PlayStation MVP
25713 posts

Oct 27, 2013

What ever "suggestions" that I may be able to give them, it would be nowhere equal to the game that they'd make on their own. They've proven that they can make stellar games without my input, the only thing I could "suggest", is they just go nuts and don't hold back.

Message 20 of 144 (1,185 Views)
0 Likes