Fender Bender
3450 posts

Re: Your Ideas for The Last of Us 2

Oct 27, 2013

Personally, I'm satisfied leaving Joel and Ellie behind.  What possible closure for those two would satisfy everyone?   I hate it when books, movies, and games can't just let a story be.  TLoU introduced us to an entire world, and we witnessed the story of a relative handful of people in that world.  There have to be many more stories to tell that are just as compelling.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Message 21 of 239 (1,420 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

Oct 30, 2013

I GOT A BADASS IDEA RIGHT HERE!!!...check it: so im sure the writers will come up with some neat stuff,but wouldn't it be so much cooler if they made a prequel?? Like with Joel and Ellie barely getting used to the apocalypse along with new characters from their point of views(including Riley and Joels ex-wife) and maybe another main playable character to get to know. And as well as continuing the story on the 3rd last of us game where it left off with that huge **bleep** lie, along with Ellie being older n more experienced kinda like the new Tomb Raider game, with Joel still a badass but conflicts might ensue because of the truth or whatever...that i.m.o would be perfect Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 239 (1,382 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Nov 4, 2013

Hey guys, do you think the developers will continue with this story? I mean Joel and Ellie, because this story doesn't deserve to end like this.The end looks like that it can continue but I don't know maybe the developers want to let it be and create only the coming DLC...and the DLC won't be about them, will it? I hope the developers will recover their strenghts to carry on and show us all on how great this story still can be!

''Success is not the key to satisfaction, satisfaction is the key to success''
Message 23 of 239 (1,352 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Nov 5, 2013

Pakrobolgari wrote:

Hey guys, do you think the developers will continue with this story? I mean Joel and Ellie, because this story doesn't deserve to end like this.The end looks like that it can continue but I don't know maybe the developers want to let it be and create only the coming DLC...and the DLC won't be about them, will it? I hope the developers will recover their strenghts to carry on and show us all on how great this story still can be!

Obviously, the single player DLC might hugely determine that, but most likely it won't.

I hope they will make another game, I personally feel it'd be a shame if they didn't.

Message 24 of 239 (1,332 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2013

Of course it'd be a shame, look at other games that are nothing like TLoA, nothing!!! And most of them keep on. The developers have to realize they made a fcking great storry carrying a lot of emotions.There must be a sequel.

''Success is not the key to satisfaction, satisfaction is the key to success''
Message 25 of 239 (1,329 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 14, 2013

Spoiler
It's ten years from where the first game ended, what is left of the military has retreated  eastward and the fireflies have dissipated.  The country has now divided itself into zones which identify themselves by their cultural or economic center.  The hydroelectric power and fresh water source offered by Tommy's town have turned its surrounding area and states into a zone of its own and its where Joel and Ellie now live.  Joel, now in his sixties, is Tommy's head of defense but because of his age relies on Ellie now 24 (she has learned to swim) to preform the more physical tasks and field work his position requires.  However, despite the relative prosperity that they have experienced, Ellie still feels the resentment we saw at the end of the first game and in the dlc.  The story could show this conflict as you move throughout the world.  The world.  I really think the next game should adopt a more open world field while still retaining the same structured, emotional, and very deliberate storyline of the first game.  There could be for example, side missions in each zone or town you visit, traders that will exchange weapons, supplies or information for certain goods or commodities that you scavenge throughout the world.  My idea for zoning the country would be as follows.  the southern middle region of the US, including Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Colorado, Idaho, Wyoming, Nebraska, and parts of Arizona and Utah would be governed by Tommy and his follows.  They would have access to his power plant and other resources that he has acquired like airfields and military bases throughout the region.  Bill has used his skills as a tactician to militarize his own region in the northeast.  Due to climate and geography the area immediately north of Tommy's zone has less infected and also limited human inhabitants.  The West Coast contains what was left of the fireflies but they are more composed of leftover research groups still studying the infected.  The US military, now weaker than ever has retreated into the south eastern United states from DC to Florida.  Throughout her sojourns, Ellie should have a partner in the same way Joel had someone.  The story of the first game really thrived off of their relationship and how it progressed.  Her partner could be maybe a male counterpart (Similar to how Tess was for Joel) whose attitude towards her whether it be simply "work based" or progressing into something more contrasts Ellie's own resentment of her life.  Whatever or whoever her partner happens to be, you could add a command system that allows you to influence the actions of your partner and whether to, "kill this guy or capture that guy" or "Cover me with the rifle while I take them out or take them out while i cover you" this could also open the doorway to optional 2 player experience.  Nature.  Just as humanity has progressed in the decades following the outbreak, so has nature along with the cordyceps.  While mankind has begun to rebuild civilization in some places, nature has further reclaimed her dominion in others.  The fungus has also developed, affecting other mammals for example.  (Maybe you travel through a zoo and discover and infected gorilla has made its home there; You guys could make a stunning visual on the next gen and a very chilling sound of an infected gorilla's sound.  If humans shrieks sound scary what would it sound like? I also thought about what would it be like if the fungus adapted to water.  Perhaps it originally adapted to freshwater so you they had to develop a filtration system.  The salinity in saltwater killed the spores so they began dumping the waste from the filtered water into the ocean.  Over time, it adapted to saltwater as well and began to grow in the water and eventually bond to sea mammals.  I had a thought for a level where you need to retrieve supplies from a crashed ship but the fungus in the water would normally infect others, Ellie being immune allows her to swim and dive into the ship.  Dolphins which are usually docile, show the same aggression as the human infected and you fight one off and a shark takes out the others.  Finally you witness an infected whale on your way back, the immense animal being fed off and controlled by the fungus would be striking to say the least.)  This is what I've come up with so far so I will end with my thoughts for a possible storyline.  You start in Tommy's Zone, Joel asks you [Ellie] to come with him to the west coast to check on trade partners and possible settlement for your people.  You get there to find that all is well in this zone but a group of researchers need supplies from the crashed ship described earlier.  Your immunity allows you to do this.  However this brings up the sadness we saw at the end of the first game.  You become somewhat of a local celebrity because of this.  But the military has known of this for awhile and send bounty hunters to ambush you on your return trip home.  You try to hide from them and eventually end up face to face with the hired man.  You fight him and his men off and question him and discover the military had been planning a raid on your zone for quite some time to get a hold of supplies in military forts in your zone and other resources.  They weren't in fact after you, but Joel as Tommy's head of defense.  You quickly kill him and return home to warn your people.  They do what little preparing they can but the raid was already imminent and you lose the power plant town that Tommy's zone originally started as and as you try to retreat to a fort, you discover they have already attacked that.  You are forced to lead what little people you can further north where lack of infected and humans give more security.  Joel dies in the fights and you are forced to team up with your male counterpart.  This has to be very tragic in the story and reflect back to Joel and Sarah "baby girl" in the very beginning of the first game.  Also furthers ellie's sadness and distaste for life.  Tommy and the rest of the survivors of the attack are losing hope when your male partner tries to "rally the troops"  Your group decides to make their way east and seek the help of Bill's nation in order to reclaim your lands.  This sets up a sort of nomadic camp that you can return to after each mission and could further foster the open world element that i think would be so great for the Last of us 2.  You travel and finally meet up with Bill who reluctantly accepts but remember's you and is very sad at the news of Joel's death.  He recalls Joel's mission to transport you, your cleverness (popping the clutch at 14) which brings back memories and again her sadness, riley, tess, joel, and everyone else Ellie has lost.  You with the aid from Bill take back your zones and decide to make one final attack on what is left of the United States.  In a very intense sequence of missions or a final battle or however you decide to stage it, you must complete a "Critical mission" similar to the hospital mission at the end of the first game and take them out once and for all.  I thought here it could go in a couple of directions.  Ellie completes the task but choses ends up killing herself (staying within the explosion radius something along those lines) finally overcoming the sadness and resentment following her from the first game you would be able to continue playing as her male counterpart in the open world, or her male counterpart convinces her not to stay and that they could start a new life together and she overcomes her sadness in that way.  I'm sure you guys could work something else out as well.

Message 26 of 239 (1,275 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Dec 13, 2013

CornBone89 wrote:
Spoiler
It's ten years from where the first game ended, what is left of the military has retreated  eastward and the fireflies have dissipated.  The country has now divided itself into zones which identify themselves by their cultural or economic center.  The hydroelectric power and fresh water source offered by Tommy's town have turned its surrounding area and states into a zone of its own and its where Joel and Ellie now live.  Joel, now in his sixties, is Tommy's head of defense but because of his age relies on Ellie now 24 (she has learned to swim) to preform the more physical tasks and field work his position requires.  However, despite the relative prosperity that they have experienced, Ellie still feels the resentment we saw at the end of the first game and in the dlc.  The story could show this conflict as you move throughout the world.  The world.  I really think the next game should adopt a more open world field while still retaining the same structured, emotional, and very deliberate storyline of the first game.  There could be for example, side missions in each zone or town you visit, traders that will exchange weapons, supplies or information for certain goods or commodities that you scavenge throughout the world.  My idea for zoning the country would be as follows.  the southern middle region of the US, including Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Colorado, Idaho, Wyoming, Nebraska, and parts of Arizona and Utah would be governed by Tommy and his follows.  They would have access to his power plant and other resources that he has acquired like airfields and military bases throughout the region.  Bill has used his skills as a tactician to militarize his own region in the northeast.  Due to climate and geography the area immediately north of Tommy's zone has less infected and also limited human inhabitants.  The West Coast contains what was left of the fireflies but they are more composed of leftover research groups still studying the infected.  The US military, now weaker than ever has retreated into the south eastern United states from DC to Florida.  Throughout her sojourns, Ellie should have a partner in the same way Joel had someone.  The story of the first game really thrived off of their relationship and how it progressed.  Her partner could be maybe a male counterpart (Similar to how Tess was for Joel) whose attitude towards her whether it be simply "work based" or progressing into something more contrasts Ellie's own resentment of her life.  Whatever or whoever her partner happens to be, you could add a command system that allows you to influence the actions of your partner and whether to, "kill this guy or capture that guy" or "Cover me with the rifle while I take them out or take them out while i cover you" this could also open the doorway to optional 2 player experience.  Nature.  Just as humanity has progressed in the decades following the outbreak, so has nature along with the cordyceps.  While mankind has begun to rebuild civilization in some places, nature has further reclaimed her dominion in others.  The fungus has also developed, affecting other mammals for example.  (Maybe you travel through a zoo and discover and infected gorilla has made its home there; You guys could make a stunning visual on the next gen and a very chilling sound of an infected gorilla's sound.  If humans shrieks sound scary what would it sound like? I also thought about what would it be like if the fungus adapted to water.  Perhaps it originally adapted to freshwater so you they had to develop a filtration system.  The salinity in saltwater killed the spores so they began dumping the waste from the filtered water into the ocean.  Over time, it adapted to saltwater as well and began to grow in the water and eventually bond to sea mammals.  I had a thought for a level where you need to retrieve supplies from a crashed ship but the fungus in the water would normally infect others, Ellie being immune allows her to swim and dive into the ship.  Dolphins which are usually docile, show the same aggression as the human infected and you fight one off and a shark takes out the others.  Finally you witness an infected whale on your way back, the immense animal being fed off and controlled by the fungus would be striking to say the least.)  This is what I've come up with so far so I will end with my thoughts for a possible storyline.  You start in Tommy's Zone, Joel asks you [Ellie] to come with him to the west coast to check on trade partners and possible settlement for your people.  You get there to find that all is well in this zone but a group of researchers need supplies from the crashed ship described earlier.  Your immunity allows you to do this.  However this brings up the sadness we saw at the end of the first game.  You become somewhat of a local celebrity because of this.  But the military has known of this for awhile and send bounty hunters to ambush you on your return trip home.  You try to hide from them and eventually end up face to face with the hired man.  You fight him and his men off and question him and discover the military had been planning a raid on your zone for quite some time to get a hold of supplies in military forts in your zone and other resources.  They weren't in fact after you, but Joel as Tommy's head of defense.  You quickly kill him and return home to warn your people.  They do what little preparing they can but the raid was already imminent and you lose the power plant town that Tommy's zone originally started as and as you try to retreat to a fort, you discover they have already attacked that.  You are forced to lead what little people you can further north where lack of infected and humans give more security.  Joel dies in the fights and you are forced to team up with your male counterpart.  This has to be very tragic in the story and reflect back to Joel and Sarah "baby girl" in the very beginning of the first game.  Also furthers ellie's sadness and distaste for life.  Tommy and the rest of the survivors of the attack are losing hope when your male partner tries to "rally the troops"  Your group decides to make their way east and seek the help of Bill's nation in order to reclaim your lands.  This sets up a sort of nomadic camp that you can return to after each mission and could further foster the open world element that i think would be so great for the Last of us 2.  You travel and finally meet up with Bill who reluctantly accepts but remember's you and is very sad at the news of Joel's death.  He recalls Joel's mission to transport you, your cleverness (popping the clutch at 14) which brings back memories and again her sadness, riley, tess, joel, and everyone else Ellie has lost.  You with the aid from Bill take back your zones and decide to make one final attack on what is left of the United States.  In a very intense sequence of missions or a final battle or however you decide to stage it, you must complete a "Critical mission" similar to the hospital mission at the end of the first game and take them out once and for all.  I thought here it could go in a couple of directions.  Ellie completes the task but choses ends up killing herself (staying within the explosion radius something along those lines) finally overcoming the sadness and resentment following her from the first game you would be able to continue playing as her male counterpart in the open world, or her male counterpart convinces her not to stay and that they could start a new life together and she overcomes her sadness in that way.  I'm sure you guys could work something else out as well.

I'd love to read that... but my eyes hurt! Ugh...

Message 27 of 239 (1,271 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Dec 13, 2013
i honestly wanna see Joel and Ellie in a sequal enoigh said, theyre the star of the game its like Uncharted without Nathan Drake. Naughty Dog make a sequal with Joel and Ellie!
Bathory/Quorthon 1983-2004/Twilight Of The Gods
See you in Valhalla
Message 28 of 239 (1,269 Views)
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Dec 13, 2013
dude i totally agree with you, continue the great story with them two. I honetly don want to see anyone else replace Joel and Ellie.
See you in Valhalla
Message 29 of 239 (1,268 Views)
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Dec 13, 2013

What I said above.

See you in Valhalla
Message 30 of 239 (1,261 Views)
0 Likes