Monster Hunter
34 posts

Re: Your Ideas for The Last of Us 2

[ Edited ]
Oct 15, 2014

I would focus it a little more on Ellie and show her decisions first hand, but preferably in the middle of the game. Bare with me because it’s a lot I wrote down.

I would love to see a tiny bit more focus on Ellie, and introduce new game play mechanics as the dog for Ellie when she’s alon, but I would love to see Joel as a predominant character as well.

I would focus it a little more on Ellie and show her decisions first hand, but preferably in the middle of the game. Bare with me because it’s a lot I wrote down.

I would love to see a tiny bit more focus on Ellie, and introduce new game play mechanics as the dog for Ellie when she’s alon, but I would love to see Joel as a predominant character as well.

So I see it as 2 or 3 months later Joel and Ellie are living in Tommy's little settlement, but Joel soon learns about the Fireflies and their plan to take Ellie by force, so they decide to leave to not put the town in danger. They use a car maybe to travel out of the town maybe to another settlement that Tommy learned of. So them driving notice maybe a blockade or an attempt at one, and decide to ditch the vehicle. They soon travel through maybe the nearby wilderness to get from the Fireflies. Through various rubble houses and destroyed tree landscape they encounter a few were Joel is played. Through the action Ellie further questions Joel's story as to why Fireflies motives to pursuing them. He either makes up another lie or doesn’t listen at all. So after they are in a safe distance Joel's dwindling health starts to show, Ellie asks if he’s okay, and he states “yeah, I’m fine”. The game goes through a few chapter were they end up in a different part of Utah. Joel’s health is getting worse to were he is struggling to walk, Ellie concerned try to help him Joel stating he’s fine, and Ellie stating he’s not. So the time goes one two act with four or five chapter within them, so this is were Joel’ health is critical and the gameplay takes you to a secluded room in a building were he is held up Ellie concerned asks if he’s been bitt, Joel saying he hasn’t, them deducting that it’s a bug and a nasty one. Ellie states that she is going to get medicine, Joel saying it’s too dangerous but Ellie insisting, stating she’ll be back. From here till on you play as Ellie from searching for medicine. So traveling to the nearest hospital encounters a new type of infected that’s attracted to heat notices her body heat and is overpowered until another survivor shoots the infected and rescues her. He tells her to get up and that they have to leave because other infected will find their tracks, so after fending off the infected they soon arrive to a little haven. Not far from Joel’s position. As soon as he gets her inside the little area he abruptly pulls a gun on her telling her not to move, he soon uses the device the military use to scan the virus and it comes up positive as she is infected, she then begs him to listen and she shows the bite and pleas her case, once he believes her he lowers his guard and asks her why she was alone in the open near the infected, she states that she is trying to find medicine for Joel. The character then introduces himself as Harris. She introduces herself. She then asks him what this place is. He states it “His place”. He then tours her around the haven, were there are a dozen of other survivors, and how he was able to plant crops because of the fertile soil in the area and how he was able to create electricity from items around the place. (I have no concept on how it could be done but this gave me the idea http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vko8pfnX_w0#t=27) she asks how they found this place, he says he found it a few weeks back and explained how its secluded enough to not be threatened by infected of other threats. A little back to back dialogues then a little girl arrives at Harris, asking him how he’s been or something on his whereabouts, he then reveals that he was looking for this, and reveals a doll for her. She hugs him then runs off. Ellie asks him if that was his sister, he replies “Yes”. He is then interrupted by a survivor name Ally, she states on how one of the members is on the brink of suicide. Harris states her not too tell anyone and to take them into a different area. He then walks off normally, making sure there is no trouble, with Ellie trailing him to find another male survivor sobbing. Harris then is surprised by the sight but not shocked; he then asks why he has the gun. The male states I’m done, I’m done, I can’t live knowing I should have died. Harris states “We’ve been through this, its not your fault they died, its not my fault they died, you couldn’t do anything, I couldn’t do anything.” The survivor stating “I know, but”. Harris: “There’s no buts, you helped me survived Rodney, you help a lot of people survive. Put down the knife.” Harris then takes the knife away. Harris then consults him about his feeling and that they don’t mean anything; as Ellie walks out. A few moments later he comes out, Ellie says “I hope everything alright”, Harris: “For now, his been worked up ever since the accident.” Ellie: “What accident?” Then Harris’s sister comes to his side wondering what happened to Rodney, Harris states a lie that Rodney was having a nightmare, about others who have passed away, and how he wishes they were in a better place. His sister then says “Tell Rodney they are.”   She runs off. Ellie confused, “Why did you lie to her?” Harris states that “There are some things you can’t reveal to people, because their better off not knowing.” Harris regard the medicine, saying that they had ran out of some a few days ago and that he was on his way to get some but that finding her in that situation took away time and that its too dangerous to travel at night. Ellie immediately disagrees and states she needs some now. Harris then asks what’s wrong with Joel, and Ellie told him that she believes he has the flu. Harris then gives her a quick remedy that can help against it for a day but that if they have to go to get medicine it has to be tomorrow. Ellie say thank you. The cinematic continues were she enter the same room to find Joel conscious but in pain, He responds ”What took you so long?” She then states that she ran into trouble with the infected to Joel’s disgust. She then tells him about the little settlement she was brung to, he asks were, she states its not far from here, and that she’s going back tomorrow to get the medicine but that she had a little to help till then. The cinematic continues to were Ellie hears a strange sound to were she draws her gun to the presence of another survivor, Joel asking who it was and Ellie stating its one of the survivors at the settlement. Joel say nice to meet you, the survivor say yeah and tells Ellie its time. Ellie starts her way to the door were Joel stops her and tells her to be careful, were she responds yeah. You meet up with Harris were he asks if shes ready, she replies “Yeah?” He asks her to follow him to a nearby warehouse were Ellie is astonished by the amount of weapons he asks “Do you know to use these?” She replies “Do you?” He smirks, looks around hand her a metal sheet, asks her to throw it in the air, where he shoots it. She re-enacts the same, him intrigued say he likes her, and says lets go () The game play starts were you make your way through the city, that spans four chapters. The moment you get to the medicine a cinematic starts, as Harris hears a mysterious sound to were he warns Ellie. The sound was by the survivor who got Ellie from her place with Joel, the man states that hunters have broken through the area and that there going through the place. Harris scared for the others rushes through to get to the settlement, the cinematic continues to the settlement to were he enters the settlement, Harris soon sees four bodies being wrapped under blankets. He asks the survivor what had happen in a vicious manner. Him looking around as to deducting what could have happened, soon makes an unwanted assumption and then looks through the bodies, to finding of his sister. Him sobbing, refusing her death picks her up pleads to wake up, pleads for it to not be real, puts her body down and cries. Under his breath, he says “Why? Why did this happen?. All of them except Harris in a room, Ellie states how she can’t believe it, and wonders how it happened, the survivor states that “the hunters made there way in from a broken part of the wall and they began telling use to leave and that the place was theirs, when we were trying to defend themselves…. They were shot. Ellie states how terrible it must be to lose your sibling. The survivor states how little girl was not his sister, how there not related, he states that Harris found her alone in an abandoned house sick and took her with him, he states they known each other for two years. The survivor then states how it is terrible for him to go through this again. Ellie is confused and asks him to elaborate on what he means; he states that he said too much. Then Harris walks in, to the surprise of all saying “tell her”, in a gray tone, he states again “tell her”, the survivor does not responding. Harris reveals the survivors statement. ”Four years ago…my sister was bit, I tried everything to save her…but nothing worked….I was so torn by what was happening, I couldn’t believe it…all I had to do was keep her safe……I was 13 at the time, she was 5 years old but for some reason…she knew she was going to die, I said no you’re not dying, you’re going to a better place. She says…I, I know. She said it was okay, that she didn’t care if she’d died. The last thing she said to me, was that it wasn’t my fault. I said…I’ll miss you. I didn’t want to shoot her, so I put her down…and drowned her. I buried her at her favorite place.” The cinematic continues and Harris states that all of things happened when she showed up and Harris pulls out his gun and examines it. Ellie and the survivor startled. Harris states on how many others would kill her, because of what happened, but Harris then states ”That’s pathetic and stupid and it isn’t the right thing to do and I’m not many. He then throws her the medicine saying, “Here”. Ellie then states how she can help, that she can heal Joel and he can get them to Tommy’s, Harris states he’s not leaving his family, Ellie states that she can bring back other survivors to help them all travel, he thinks for a while and agrees. As the cinematic ends he says wait, he then gives Ellie a dog, stating it’s very smart and can help you stay away from trouble. () Game play starts and the dog helps you attack enemies and signal their wereabouts. After four more chapter of game play, another cinematic starts were you arrive to Joel’s aid were he is in extreme condition, you quickly give him the medicine, to his delight, and it starts working right there while Ellie’s pondering the idea of being without Joel. TO her amaze, Joel is up and walking and almost fully better, a few diologue happens then the cinematic leads you and Joel to the settlement to his amazement on the thriving look of it. As soon as you step through the doors the dog, runs off, many of the other survivors are concerned about Rodney’s state were you and Joel learn there’s a problem. Immediately Ellie runs in Joel behind, seeing a severely deranged Rodney with a gun to his head. Harris quickly says “Get back!” Joel saying “Come on” Harris, “Rodney, you don’t have to do this” Ellie, “We have to help” Joel, “Sweety, this isn’t are place” Ellie, “I don’t another person taking away their lives.” Joel, “Hun, we have no business in this, we would just be in the way, this is his friend, and he has to deal with it.” Harris, “Rodney!” Rodney, “I’ve had it, I’ve had enough of living, and being scared every single day, and that I wished I died earlier with the others.(this is not revealed) Harris then tells him “it’s not your fault they died, you shouldn’t feel this way, there was nothing we could have done about.” Rodney then shakes his head and says “it’s all over and that I can’t live with the fact that I should have died weeks earlier, look at this, look at this, this bite should have killed me!” Harris then shaken by the realization, tells him this “it isn’t your fault, you should not be burdened by it.” Rodney then pulls the gun to his head. Harris on the verge of breaking down then states, “We’re best friends, we survived together on own forever.” Rodney then states a prayer, “Dear lord forgive me for sins, forgive us our trespasses; as we forgive those who trespassed against us.” Harris, “Rodney!” Joel, “God look away.” Ellie, “Oh my god!” They look away while Harris witnesses it. You hear a giant pop indicating the survivors’ death. Harris, incredibly shaken is frozen. Ellie not viewing the body asks “Harris? Harris then covers the body with a nearby cloth, then he picks up the gun and leaves. Ellie states how sorry she is, Harris replies that it isn’t the first time he witnessed it. This I want to indicate some of Harris’s past. He then tells the other survivors a lie as to the pop and what happened, not revealing it for the better of the settlement. Ellie then states her concern and that it was his choice, Harris disgusted, say “His guilt, his stupid guilt. It’s not his fault he’s immune to it.” Ellie then states he had a good reason on doing it and that she feels the same guilt of being alive when others died because of it. Harris is then aggravated at her statement and says how much crap that is. She states its not crap, and Harris in and angry manner says how they have no control over their immunization, as to the people who have no control of dying by it. He then states that its not anyone’s fault for living, he states its not his fault he lived and others died, he states he lived because that what he needs to do, what everyone needs to do and that there is no burden onto anyone other than the lab who spreaded it 20 years ago. She states that he doesn’t know what he’s talking about, he smirks. She says **bleep** YOU! He says “**bleep** me? Do you know how many people died being studied on because of their immunization? His states dozens of people have died because of the failure of the experiment. She says “Maybe I can be the right one”. He states “Bull. The scientists don’t even have the technology to create it and that the twenty years of surviving took away the advancement, there can’t be a way to cure it anytime soon, besides there are still civilizations around who haven’t been touched by it. Then something goes on from there.

Mod edit: Avoiding profanity filter. Click here for more information on the Rules of Conduct. - SpicyGoose19

Message 61 of 247 (1,208 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Jan 1, 2014

Prequel looks nice... I do want to see more of Sam and Henry's story for TLOU2

Message 62 of 247 (1,197 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
265 posts

Jan 1, 2014
I'd like to see Tess in TLOU2 but since thats not possible since she's dead I'd like to see another female character we can play in the next one I really enjoy the short time we had with Tess, her **bleep** her take charge attitude.
Message 63 of 247 (1,196 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Jan 1, 2014
Who the H E L L wants to see different characters for the same game and title, wth is wrong with you's?!!? you clealy have no minds and dont have confidence in ND. Plz go back to to Crash Bandicoot years and play from there and one thing you'll notice! NO CHARACTERS WERE CHANGED!!!! Get with the program jeez
Bathory/Quorthon 1983-2004/Twilight Of The Gods
See you in Valhalla
Message 64 of 247 (1,183 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Jan 3, 2014

immyb13 wrote:
Who the H E L L wants to see different characters for the same game and title, wth is wrong with you's?!!? you clealy have no minds and dont have confidence in ND. Plz go back to to Crash Bandicoot years and play from there and one thing you'll notice! NO CHARACTERS WERE CHANGED!!!! Get with the program jeez

I WANT THE SAME CHARACTERS FOR AT LEAST A TRILOGY!!!

Thoguh I am not sure caps lock helps...

Message 65 of 247 (1,158 Views)
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Jan 7, 2014

conquerator3 wrote:

immyb13 wrote:

It does work haha. 
And I agree at least make three games for this masterpiece cuz it doesnt deserve to be a standalone game. 

Bathory/Quorthon 1983-2004/Twilight Of The Gods
See you in Valhalla
Message 66 of 247 (1,135 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Jan 9, 2014

immyb13 wrote:

conquerator3 wrote:

immyb13 wrote:

It does work haha. 
And I agree at least make three games for this masterpiece cuz it doesnt deserve to be a standalone game. 

The hell it doesn't.

Quoting myself from a previous article "that's like telling Audi/Chevrolet/X to not make another TT\Camaro because what if..."

Message 67 of 247 (1,117 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 10, 2014

Here are some ideas for gameplay:

1. open level design- the story should still be linear, but the level design should be more open. Make every encounter optional, unless it's part of the story. 

2. enemies- the human enemies should not just be male hunters or fireflies everytime. Put normal people like Joel and Ellie to fight with as they want the same thing everybody else wants.

3. trading system- you should be able to trade with people, as not every encounter with other people has to turn ugly. This should be optional too, except in story moments.

4. realistic mode- put in a mode where you need food, water, and sleep. Players and enemies will do equal damage.

5. coop muliplayer/ free roam multiplayer- this is what most people wanted for the multiplayer, instead we got team deathmatch and no infected.

6. more destructibility- this is a given, same with more interactivity. Also a nice thing would be better fire propagation. It doesn't have to be as good as far cry 2, but i would like to see cloth and plants be able to catch on fire. Not only the enemies.

7. more tools,weapons, etc.- this is also a given. but what I really want is a **bleep** knife, this is probably the most useful tool/ weapon for survival and Joel never thought to pick one up. Now there is the concern that a knife will make up close combat too easy. This is a valid concern, but you also use a knife for many other things other than combat. As you use it often the blade gets duller and you would need a new knife or need to sharpen it. There are also a variety of knives around, finding a combat survival knife would be difficult. 

8.Melee combat- I thought that the melee felt overpowered in the game and too simple. You can pretty much take out a group of runners with your bare fists and it is very easy too take out hunters up close. If an enemy has a weapon you should be at a disadvantage. they should add a block and dodge move with hand to hand combat and with the weapons. same goes for the enemies.

9. A.I- Now a lot of people complained about this, it was a small complaint, but very noticable and broke immmersion. Your companions would bump into the enemies without seeing each other during stealth. This should be a easy fix, as you just need to make your companions be able to see the enemies during stealth, and have the enemies not be able to see your companions during stealth.

Now for the story I do want new characters because Joel and Ellie's story was pretty much wrapped up at the end. I think they should try multiple character stories this time around with each character having a different skill set as in real life. This can be before or after Joel and Ellie's timeline and can be set around the world.

here are some ideas for characters:

1. An army vet(male)- This is an easy one, this should be a starting character, as it will ease players into the game. He should be able to handle most guns with ease, and should be pretty good at hand to hand combat. Should be middle-aged in the U.S.

Backstory: grew up in a military family, joined the army at 18 and fought in the Iraq war. He is married, but after going through many tours in Iraq he became cold and bitter to his wife, got divorced. he's gotten used to war and the outbreak doesn't phase him much, the infected are just another enemy to him. In the end, he sees everyone as a target who gets in the way of his objective, whatever that may be, indistinguishable from an enemy, 

2.martial artist(female)- She should be very good in hand to hand combat, not as good as shooting as the army vet. should be in her 20s or 30s. I'd say in Europe or South America

Backstory; she was raped as a teenager by three men, after that she despises men and no longer trusts them. She learned Krav Maga for self defense so she wouldn't suffer that kind of humilation again. after the outbreak she joins a group but she will never trust the men in that group. in the end she almost gets raped again by hunters but something happens that stops them. People see her as a feminist or lesbian.( she can be...)

3. charistmatic engineer/mechanic(male)- He is not really good at fighting, but good at convincing or persuading others. He is also good at fixing thngs and making traps. He tends to avoid fights by talking it out. If he has no choice he will use his traps or devices to make distractions and take them out. That is what he prefers to do since he is not that good at shooting or hand to hand combat. He is also really intent on surviving.

Message 68 of 247 (1,101 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Jan 11, 2014

I've noticed many people saying that open world would be the best option. But IMO, it would ruin the whole vibe and strictness to core gameplay and story. I would appreciate more open level.... but open worlds? I doubt it

young beard signature
Message 69 of 247 (1,085 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Feb 15, 2014

wow there's a lot of mindless garbage on here. No wonder you guys don't work for ND lmao.

Seriously though 

no open world. The reason why the game works is because ND controls the story pacing. 

My take on a sequel:

1 year later

Ellie and Joel have are still on the run from the fireflies. They live from day to day constantly on the move and early levels consist of them venturing futher and further out from the city into the wilderness. Ellie's suspicions of Joel's actions soon pass and they are now in a very efficient routine of survival but one thing is clear...they need to find a place to settle down.

After raiding an abandoned farm house and living there for a few days fending off the odd infected (this introduces us into a new mode of gameplay that you could call siege mode). Here the player must learn to construct defences around the house. Joel will never have enough resources to cover every door and window and that's just the point...after 4 days of constant attacks Joel and Ellie decide to leave and head for the hills when Ellie is almost burnt to death by one of Joel's traps. Her scars from the infected wound are covered up by her burns....

They travel on. They stumble upon the body of traveller in  a cave who was headed to some mythical paradise town and decide to follow the clues the unfortunate traveller left behind.

As they venture further and further forward they spy smoke in the distance and head towards it. Joel and Ellie have found this mythical town. It has high walls, great defences, and has it;s own school and church and most importantly....a farm. Totally self sufficient.  

Joel and Ellie are taken in by the self appointed mayor and assigned jobs in the town...everyone must contribute. For Joel he must carry out night patrols and scavenge raids (resource gathering) with his mentor Bob. Bob is a friendly soul. 

Ellie must study and attends the local school. The population of this town is 47. Months pass and it seems life is good for both Ellie and Joel. In addition to the weekly town meets where everyone must teach someone else something new, there is an incredible community. Joel has a romance option here and he is suddenly forgetting all his troubles. Ellie (who introduced herself as Joel's daughter) is also happy with life. No one suspects she is virus immune.

One day a firefly comes a knocking. Asking questions. Handing out photos. The town mayor refuses their entry. No armed person may enter the town. The firefly retreats.

The mayor quizzes Joel about his past and Joel expertly deflects his suspicions.

Joel teaches boys hand to hand combat and learns a few new tricks himself. Ellie becomes a master of the bow.

Joel and Ellie are awoken one night by a firefly raid. Admitting their past to the mayor, he hides the pair in their underground bunker. The fireflies are led by a more ruthless leader named Younis. Younis proclaims he is searching for the cure to the infected and hands over satellite photos showing Joel and Ellie...lookalikes...

The mayor refuses to give the pair up and Younis gets medieval, torturing random members of the town. Overcome with guilt, Joel emerges and surrenders but he swears Ellie is dead.

Ellie navigates the towns sewers and escapes as the town is burnt to a crisp. 

Joel is led in chains and loaded aboard an armored truck while Ellie watches from the hill above, lying prone in long grass.

Joel travels bindfolded for days in the back of a truck. 

Ellie forages for food but finds nothing. She returns to the town to find a bonfire of bodies and considers whether going in hiding was worth it.

Joel awakens to find himself in the middle of a field. Younis tortures him. Joel gives nothing away. Joel is bandaged up and loaded up onto the truck again.

Ellie recovers a radio from the town and uses it to scan frequencies. Nothing.

Joel on the move again. A loud commotion. Gunfire. The truck is under attack. Joel manages to get free but is stuck on a speeding truck with a dead driver. They are being pursued by other humans in other trucks, heavily armored and well outfitted. Younis manages to get away but Joel is captured by this new threat. 

Joel is led to the fireflies new base but there's just one snag. All the fireflies have been enslaved by this new government splinter faction. A faction tasked with finding the cure at all costs.

Ellie has decided to turn herself in. She will journey to the new firefly base.

Joel is tortured by the splinter faction's leader, a female agent called Newstead. The torture however is not physical. It is purely mental. As Joel is lead to his new "cell" he observes how the fireflies new base has been completely repurposed. There are hundreds of volunteers working in science labs.

Ellie captures herself a new horse and rides on. She deals with a number of infected attacks, who are especially vicious at night. Ellie begins to recall her past and we experience flashbacks of her life before LEFT BEHIND.

...to be continued

Message 70 of 247 (1,020 Views)
0 Likes