Naughty Paw
11013 posts

Re: Your gender and skin change?

Jun 12, 2013
I actually think the random customization fits the tone better than having the "same" person respawn.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 41 of 62 (924 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2477 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

xKITTY_GOT_WETx wrote:

This is ridiculous. After all the comments and threads asking to let people CHOOSE to play as a girl, and asking for better customization, we get a game with NOTHING BUT HATS and crap and can't choose ANYTHING ELSE ? Are you fricken kidding me ND ? Prepare your first patch right now, and good luck with the forums once everyone has the game and realizes this. If you thought people were **bleep** about customization and not being able to choose a girl in UC3, you just wait, seriously. Putting the option in there, and practically taunting people by removing all elements of choice ? "Hey everyone we added women to the MP, have fun playing customization lottery ! Hope you get a girl. Oh, nope sorry, you get "black guy" LOLOL enjoy our multiplayer. Look forward to BUYING unlockable choices as paid crap later LOLOL."

I don't even know what to say to this. Someone make a new thread where the first 3 pages aren't off topic things ND will never bother to read. If enough people say something, maybe just maybe they will actually patch and fix this.

I dont even know what to say to you.

Get real. This is The Last of Us, not Uncharted 3. Any empty promises for UC3 have nothing to do with this game.

Show me where ND said you would be able to make your character look like you. Give up?

If you stopped a moment to think about it, you would realize that spawning as a new, random character after each death makes sense. The post pandemic population is diverse--men, women, blacks, white, ect. So...when you die, you respawn as 1 of 20 reinforcements. Its not like the MP is made up of a bunch of characters from the SP. Because once again, this is The Last of Us.

At lease save your complaints until the game comes out at least. People like you bring this whole place down, with posts like that.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 42 of 62 (923 Views)
Sackboy
520 posts

Jun 12, 2013

I think customization is cool. But I don't mind it a lot. At least the visuals will vary a lot.

Message 43 of 62 (905 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Jun 12, 2013
@Kitty_Got_Wet The sneeze scenario isn't that accurate. You don't know if someone sneezed in your food. They aren't going to tell you "Enjoying your food? Ah good, I sneezed in it." And if they did sneeze in it, I wouldn't eat it. Germs spread, like the infected in The Last of Us.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 44 of 62 (892 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Jun 12, 2013

xKITTY_GOT_WETx wrote:

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
^ Then don't play it.

Yeah, just disregard an entire mode of the game you were looking forwad to, because of a few confusingly daft ideas that I couldn't imagine being present after so many people wanted better choices. It's like giving you a great meal and then sneezing on it. They're holding my money, I'm sitting there thinking "why would someone do this ?" and you're saying "just eat AROUND the sneeze bits."

Yes, exactly. Disregard it. If it doesn't appeal to you anymore, it means you have no need to play it, and you don't NEED the trophies for MP. You just want them out of necessity.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 45 of 62 (887 Views)
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Jun 12, 2013
Gunnsandwiches42 just relax. After some of your guys' points I get it. I just thought about the idea of customization. Perhaps if we die we get to respond with another character we created and if we die again, the same thing. You guys don't need to get **bleep** about things which are not complaints rather than wondering
Message 46 of 62 (886 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Jun 12, 2013

GhostlySnipes wrote:
Gunnsandwiches42 just relax. After some of your guys' points I get it. I just thought about the idea of customization. Perhaps if we die we get to respond with another character we created and if we die again, the same thing. You guys don't need to get **bleep** about things which are not complaints rather than wondering

No worries, Im not personally attacking you. Besides, you asked for our thoughts, right? 

What I noticed is that some people here in fact are complaining. Before launch. That doesnt bode well, and isnt helpful to anyone.

A word of advice: telling someone to relax is the worst way to get someone to relax...especailly a girl (i know from experience!).

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 47 of 62 (872 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Jun 13, 2013
I do understand that point as well. The complaining is just ridiculous on everything
Message 48 of 62 (850 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Jun 13, 2013
I'm also getting the feeling that because we get 20 reinforcements as a team, this has a gears of war- esq to it
Message 49 of 62 (844 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Jun 13, 2013

I know it's not out for a couple of days, but unless all the people who already own it decided to band together to troll everyone, I'm guessing that's how it's going to be. I just can't see the logic in having both genders finally, and races etc but then making it all work like a slot machine. Sure it might have to do with the meta game of 'that survivor is now dead', but if we're going for that realism in keeping with the theme, we've kind of already gone past that with the whole idea of looking through walls and crafting shotguns in a couple seconds time. A toggle could make everyone happy. Just customize how you like, or set to random at respawn. Everyone could choose.

Message 50 of 62 (826 Views)
0 Likes