Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Re: **bleep** there isn't even a hoard mode?

Jun 3, 2013

there is in the leaked MP strings

Message 21 of 29 (152 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 3, 2013

D-Squad3 wrote:

That's a ****ing given for a game like this and it doesn't have it for MP? :complementarities:

I guess the speculations were wrong about having to roam around and trying to survive? Just goanna have to wait for Day Z to come for consoles then. Smiley Indifferent

Wait for Naughty Dog to give us more details about the multi-player portion of the game, or simply wait for the game. Just don't jump to conclusion.

Message 22 of 29 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Competition is what makes these games fun! Smiley Very Happy

Message 23 of 29 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Im guessing it'll be like a good version of Team Objective from U3 and this could be an objective 

Message 24 of 29 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Jun 3, 2013

I feel this is almost a certainty...

Message 25 of 29 (139 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 3, 2013

cvbxsta wrote:
There's definitely a coop mode. On the box, it says 2-8 players online and so far multiplayer has only been 4v4 (8).

But.. in 4 vs 4 there ARE 8 players in total? It always says the total amount of players online on the back of the box (e.g. 10 in UC3).

Message 26 of 29 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
434 posts

Jun 3, 2013

THEBIGZED wrote:

cvbxsta wrote:
There's definitely a coop mode. On the box, it says 2-8 players online and so far multiplayer has only been 4v4 (8).

But.. in 4 vs 4 there ARE 8 players in total? It always says the total amount of players online on the back of the box (e.g. 10 in UC3).

minimum of 2.  I doubt a match will start with a 1 v 1.  But I am sure you could have a coop of 2.   That is what I think he means.

photo Uncharted forum_zpsc7kdez3c.jpg
Message 27 of 29 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013

According to this previewer (who also has a copy of the full game), there is no co-op mode.

"Multiplayer in The Last of Us successfully captures the high-tension gunplay that defines the single-player campaign. However, it's bizarre that there are only two modes to choose from, given the many possibilities afforded by the world of TLOU. Most notably, there are no modes where any of the Infected are involved. There's no horde mode, there's no co-op mode, nor is there a mode where you can play as one of the Infected. Undoubtedly, more modes will be introduced via DLC, but with only two modes at launch, it begins to feel repetitive quite quickly."

http://www.shacknews.com/article/79453/the-last-of-us-multiplayer-preview-survival-games

Strange that ND won't feature the Infected in MP. While I'm underwhelmed by the reveal, I do like the concept behind Supply Raid, and I'm also happy that Survivor is essentially an Elimination mode. I'll definitely give the MP a try, but without co-op I'm honestly not that excited for it. 

Message 28 of 29 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013

cvbxsta wrote:
How awesome would it be if there was a competitive mode but with infected roaming the maps? Then you'd really to play smart

Imagine throwing a bottle next to a guy and his last words are "what?" as a clicker then chomps on his neck.

Message 29 of 29 (78 Views)
0 Likes