Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Re: co-op sucks, if no multiplayer i wont buy

Apr 2, 2013

Your opinion of tacked on may differ from others. There's people out there who don't think those MP's aren't tacked on. All depends on personal preference

Regardless, I'm sure ND has learned from their mistakes in U3 and will make TLoU co-op much better. Besides it's a whole seperate IP, so wo don't know how the co-op will be implemented.   

I'm sure TLoU's SP isn't suffering from the MP, the gameplay so far looks pretty solid and fluid.  

Though, I can't say, I'll have to wait till I get my hands on it personally. (Still have mad faith)

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 41 of 51 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11448 posts

Apr 2, 2013

studio35 wrote:

-Street Fighter 4Name me a single one on one fighter that has a good story with stellar online. By your logic, it has "tacked on" single player, which isn't better than "tacked on multiplayer". 

1)Tekken 4

2) "good" Competetive fighting games have various types of trainging modes & activities, survival modes, & Arcade/story mode. These inclusions make playing fighting games by yourself worth it. 

-Team Fortress 2- There is no single player in the game, therefore it can't be "non tacked on"

Check your sources again. TF2 can be played alone...with viarious types of bots & special settings to help prep you for competitive play.

-Gears Of War. Once again, it's single player is nothing to rave about, therefore, according to you, it only has one half of a game worthy to play.

Gears Of war not having a good story is your opinion. IMO, I thought Gears 2 had a great story.

I'm not sure you fully understand the term "Tacked On"

In terms of gaming, "Tacked On" means a mode that holds no value...Meaningless...no real purpose other than to fill empty space.

A good example of this is Resident Evil 5.

-Great Single Palyer

-Great Co-op

-Pointless Competitive Multiplayer

The mulitplayer did nothing to help the game whatsoever. It bought nothing innovative or new to the table (in terms of what other multipayer games were already doing)

Therefore, it is considered "Tacked On".

For those who say Multiplayer doesn't hinder Single Player, you're absolutley wrong. 

It's more time & more importantly More Money.

Money that can be used for better purposes, such as marketing or development.

What would be nice, is if they used some of that money for manufacturing a 2nd disc...At 50 gigs a piece, The Last Of Us wouldn't to be so compressed. By doing this, players wouldn't have to sit through a mandatory install when they first get the game.

So... multiplayer in TLOU will be tacked on? Nobody will play it? Nobody wants to play it? It just takes up space and everyone will forget it after some time?

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 42 of 51 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013

Look, I just DONT want The Last Of Us to be a game that's forgotten in 6 months when everyone is playing Resident Evil 7 on PS4...or the next Silent Hill.

I know that The Laast Of Us isn't survival horror, but I want it to set a benchmark. I want companies like Capcom or anyone else who want's to make a survival game, to look at what ND did and "TRY" to top it.

I want everyones playthrough of this game to be different & dynamic...just like in the demos.

I love ND & I trust them, but I'm worried that they might have too much on their plate.

What really has me scared is the whole incident with God Of War Asencion's difficulty patch. Appearently, it was too much for people to handle.

I PRAY that ND didn't look at that situation & go back to the drawing board to change things around. 

Message 43 of 51 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11448 posts

Apr 2, 2013

studio35 wrote:

Look, I just DONT want The Last Of Us to be a game that's forgotten in 6 months when everyone is playing Resident Evil 7 on PS4...or the next Silent Hill.

I know that The Laast Of Us isn't survival horror, but I want it to set a benchmark. I want companies like Capcom or anyone else who want's to make a survival game, to look at what ND did and "TRY" to top it.

I want everyones playthrough of this game to be different & dynamic...just like in the demos.

I love ND & I trust them, but I'm worried that they might have too much on their plate.

What really has me scared is the whole incident with God Of War Asencion's difficulty patch. Appearently, it was too much for people to handle.

I PRAY that ND didn't look at that situation & go back to the drawing board to change things around. 

But why don't you want MP? It only seems to enhance the game. The fact that they have yet to reveal the multiplayer means that they are really focusing on the single player.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 44 of 51 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Because MP might take up extra space for enemy AI Smiley Sad

With all of the extra conversations or possible outcomes that the AI can do, ND might cut it in half to make space for a multiplayer map or something. 

I shouldn't have said the MP would suck. that was dumb of me..but I'm just scared.

I want this game to be PERFECT!

Message 45 of 51 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11448 posts

Apr 2, 2013
Just have faith. If it makes you feel better, pretend that multiplayer doesn't exist.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 46 of 51 (292 Views)
Fender Bender
3078 posts

Apr 5, 2013
The OP is TOTALLY BACKWARDS. It's 2013. Co-Op should be STANDARD FARE for ALL online MPs, PERIOD. Given how UNREASONABLE UC3's COMPETITIVE MP was, it'd be better if they CONCENTRATE on Co-Op and leave the shoddy net code for some OTHER COMP MP. THERE IS ROOM FOR BOTH. QUITE SIMPLY, NDI BETTER COME WITH IMPROVEMENTS ACROSS THE BOARD.
Message 47 of 51 (255 Views)
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 5, 2013

I was wondering when you'd show up. Being co-op's # 1 fan and all. Smiley Tongue

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 48 of 51 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Apr 5, 2013

studio35 wrote:

Seriously? Unbelievable...

I thought ND said there would be NO co-op...**bleep** is goin' on here?

Why are they considering Co-op? It'll be half-assed just like U3!

Wanna know how I knew U3's co-op was bad? When I finished it, I knew i wouldn't pay $60 for that mode alone.

& if you can't make a multiplayer mode that's at the same quality as the single player, why put it in at all?

Then they try and insult our intelligence witth PR's Damage Control.

"Oh, don't worry, it's a seperate team, everything's gonna be fine"

Yeah, don't think so.

I heard the same thing for 

-Red Dead Redemption

-Grand Theft auto 4

-Bioshock 2

-Tomb Raider

-Max Payne 3

-Uncharted 2

-Uncharted 3

-God of War Asecsion 

& every other game that had a tacked on multiplayer.

I don't want The Laast Of Us to be GOTY,  I want it to be recognized as one of the greatest games ever made. But I don't know how that's gonna happen with things like "Batman Vision", multiplayer, & now Co-op.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about this game. 

I also want The Last of Us to be one of the greatest games ever made, but that's up to Naughty Dog. We're not even in the Dev Team.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Message 49 of 51 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Apr 7, 2013

rickyEfs_97 wrote:

studio35 wrote:

Seriously? Unbelievable...

I thought ND said there would be NO co-op...**bleep** is goin' on here?

Why are they considering Co-op? It'll be half-assed just like U3!

Wanna know how I knew U3's co-op was bad? When I finished it, I knew i wouldn't pay $60 for that mode alone.

& if you can't make a multiplayer mode that's at the same quality as the single player, why put it in at all?

Then they try and insult our intelligence witth PR's Damage Control.

"Oh, don't worry, it's a seperate team, everything's gonna be fine"

Yeah, don't think so.

I heard the same thing for 

-Red Dead Redemption

-Grand Theft auto 4

-Bioshock 2

-Tomb Raider

-Max Payne 3

-Uncharted 2

-Uncharted 3

-God of War Asecsion 

& every other game that had a tacked on multiplayer.

I don't want The Laast Of Us to be GOTY,  I want it to be recognized as one of the greatest games ever made. But I don't know how that's gonna happen with things like "Batman Vision", multiplayer, & now Co-op.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about this game. 

I also want The Last of Us to be one of the greatest games ever made, but that's up to Naughty Dog. We're not even in the Dev Team.

So far every ND title has quite some impressive statistics. It would be weird to see TLOU do otherwise.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 50 of 51 (213 Views)
0 Likes