First Son
18 posts

Re: how long did it take you to beat this game?

Mar 3, 2014
My first playthrough was a little over 13 hours. My second was around ten. I've played through it several times since then, and usually finish in around 8 hours.
Message 21 of 41 (201 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 3, 2014

It took me about 15 hours, a little longer for me because i search the crap out of everything! Smiley Very Happy

Message 22 of 41 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Mar 3, 2014

My first time "normal mode" 22 hours, but seeing as much as possible and avoiding learn dying and be calm and observe moves and plan different tactic according place/enemies and so on.

Never playing fast just to see the story but to feeling everything that was available like had just one life! Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 41 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Mar 3, 2014

so how many collectibles are there? when i beat the game i saw that i either had 93 or 96

Message 24 of 41 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Mar 3, 2014

First playthrough was 24 hours.

Message 25 of 41 (172 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 4, 2014

First time about 10-12 hours but I stopped searching every corner not even half way through when I realized I had already missed a bunch of stuff.  Took around 16 hours the second time and that was with me finding everything there was to find.

Message 26 of 41 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Mar 4, 2014

Just on a side note, there are some Speed-Runs of this game on Youtube.

Even though it is not really a game to speed run because you will miss all the cutscenes, the story and most of the stuff to find, but I found it interesting to see some really cool tricks to get through (even more difficult) parts of the game really darn quickly.

This is one example, he beats the game in 3:30 on Hard difficulty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTCQ0QcNQYQ

Art by Janice Chu
Message 27 of 41 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Mar 5, 2014

Excellent info even to NaughtyDog, cause some guys when said normal mode is hard, hard should be harder due this info, to learn and make better in future.

But of course to learn all this takes time and important to enjoy this Excellent game is in 1st time, live the game like real and after that i agree make some records in different things. But i saw even trying escape to all and everything it was impossible not die and shows how excellent this game is, required much concentration even with "prev segment" as a guide.

Like in everything the 1st experience is the best in emotion and tense...I like a lot play but in a different way, thinking that im inside the game and be sacred...lol, so doing all with many caution! lol

I think that your info was excellent!!!

Message 28 of 41 (121 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 7, 2014

Hi, a clueless newbie here. The first time I played through, it took me every night for two weeks. There was just so much lush detail in this fully realized world, that I took my sweet time to explore  the scenery and to scour every centimeter for supplies.

Another thing that caused my progress to be so drawn out is the fact that I have an obsessive compulsive disorder that has been enabled from years of primarily playing on the PC where most games allow quicksave and quickloads at any moment, which I do when something isn't executed absolutely perfectly. The Last of Us was my favorite game of 2013, but I almost ragequit several times due to the awful checkpoint/save system. From how restarting a checkpoint from the menu doesn't always get you the same place as the one from dying, and thus pushes you back further that you care for, to how it irreversibly overwrites the last checkpoint after a bad run (Why not have two or more autosave slots, where the older one is deleted? That has been the norm in many games for over a decade.), to how every profile on the system shares the same saves so I have to compete with my friends and cousins, to how sometimes while restarting a checkpoint health either mysteriously vanishes or miracoulously heals. I had to stop after a couple of days because while still in progress, I decided to replay the Pittsburgh section after having reached the Winter chapter, and despite making a new save with a different slot, the progress overwrote my most recent progress in the game.

I really hope some of that gets patched in the upcoming updates.

Message 29 of 41 (97 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Mar 7, 2014

15 hours on my first playthrough

Message 30 of 41 (91 Views)
0 Likes