Jul 30 2013
By: Jovencitogringo Splicer 69 posts

improve stealth in the coming sequel.

5 replies 277 views Edited Jul 30, 2013

Don't get me wrong ND, I really love this game.  Its just that the sneak behind everyone and push triangle-sqaure for a guarnteed take down (most of the time) got really redundant after level 3.  My second time around, to avoid head aches, I litterally avoid doing it at all cost.  Its hard though, its like we either do that, or we round them up and toss a bomb at them; or waste all our ammo taking them out, and having to punch them up to 8 times to knoch them down.  It's almost like we're getting penaltalized for not bearing the same 2 video clips over and over again of Joel choking them, or throwing them down and kicking them.

Message 1 of 6 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Re: improve stealth in the coming sequel.

Jul 30, 2013

You complain a lot.

-----------
Message 2 of 6 (274 Views)
Splicer
69 posts

Jul 30, 2013

I'm playing this game right now and I love it.  But I'm just worried becuase ND has a reputation of recycling.  I'm going to be disheartned if in a forth series (Uncharted included) that this same instant take down is going to be recycled a fith time.

As much as I love and keep playing, I really do avoid stealth take downs becuase they really do give me a head ache.  Please feel some sympathy people.

Message 3 of 6 (265 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 30, 2013

First world problems. But seriously I don't see what the big deal is? Almost every game in this genre suffer from repeated animation syndrome, and to be fair there is more than 1 takedown animation.

Message 4 of 6 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jul 30, 2013
Like every stealth game, you are rewarded for being stealthy.
Message 5 of 6 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
69 posts

I'm not saying get rid of stelth, the title says IMPROVE...

Jul 31, 2013

I'm not saying get rid of stelth, the title says IMPROVE the stealth: meaning keep it, just make it more challenging and better.

Instant take downs are usually necessary, but I just want them to be more challenging, where the opponents are not just going to give it to you so easily.  You have to imploy strategy and master skills to do instant take downs.

In many parts of the game, there just was no choice but to crawl around behind everybody and hit the triangle and just watch your opponent automatically die.  Maybe some enemies can be stronger than Joel, and he has no choice but to walk them into a stone wall where he can smash their head in.  You, just imploy more creativity, make us think more.

Message 6 of 6 (130 Views)
0 Likes