Uncharted Territory
1300 posts

Re: <Spoilers> Ending doctors gone wild? This is not how science works...

Sep 23, 2013
Ellie = little puppy...
Lol that analogy is golden :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 27 (227 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2013
I'm a chemistry major/biochem minor and working on a clinical doctorate. Now, I'm no expert on vaccines but OP's reaction was the same as mine. These doctors were absolutely out-of-their-minds. The world's hope for a vaccine is dropped at their feet and they run a couple of blood/CSF tests and and a MRI and they come to the conclusion that they have to take her apart?! They were waaaaaaay too quick to come to that conclusion. This plus marlene was going to kill Joel ("take him out back") let me know that the fireflies are a bunch of incompetent but dangerous morons willing to cross any line without hesitation.

Some in the community are far too hard on Joel for making this decision to extract Ellie and run. These firefly nuts were so in the wrong that I'd lose respect for Joel if he hadn't wrecked them.

[edit:grammar]
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 27 (194 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1027 posts

Sep 29, 2013

VampireSoap wrote:

but Ellie's like the ONLY mutated human who's found immune to the fungus...And those doctors aren't even going to study her for a few days first, they aren't going to come up with an alternative...like finding or developing more advance instruments in order to perhaps avoid killing MANKIND'S ONLY HOPE? This is just...absurd from my point of view. And I admit I'm ignorant about developing a vaccine, but if any of you know something about this, please tell me if removing an organ from a subject is absolutely necessary because that seems pretty radical.

Actually i'm pretty sure that we learn through the recording you can find that tihs isnt the case, the doctors have come across other people who are immune so we can assume they studied them and have a pretty good idea as to what they need to do.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 27 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2343 posts

Sep 29, 2013

Gekidami wrote:

VampireSoap wrote:

but Ellie's like the ONLY mutated human who's found immune to the fungus...And those doctors aren't even going to study her for a few days first, they aren't going to come up with an alternative...like finding or developing more advance instruments in order to perhaps avoid killing MANKIND'S ONLY HOPE? This is just...absurd from my point of view. And I admit I'm ignorant about developing a vaccine, but if any of you know something about this, please tell me if removing an organ from a subject is absolutely necessary because that seems pretty radical.

Actually i'm pretty sure that we learn through the recording you can find that tihs isnt the case, the doctors have come across other people who are immune so we can assume they studied them and have a pretty good idea as to what they need to do.

The recording never specified whether or not the "all past cases" were immune patients or not. He could have been referring to past cases of studied infected patients in general. Given the X-Ray of the infected patient found in the university lab (not immune, as the fungus was protruding through the skull) I think it is fair to say that the "all past cases" were infected patients and not immune patients. Which is why her infection was "like nothing we've ever seen before.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 27 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Sep 30, 2013

Really? Its a cinematic Video game, and just like a movie do they sacrifice story for more screen time on the doctors? no. They give you an adrenaline filled experience and story that leaves you emotionally unstable. lol Im in film school and this is commmon sense.

Ellie photo Ellie_zps812f6c9e.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 27 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Oct 4, 2013
I understand where you're coming from, but don't you think that in a time like this, they wouldn't of already had time to pre-plan?

I mean, Ellie was "Special", but there were still others that were immune to some level that the surgeons had operated on.

What i'm trying to say, is that there was plenty of time to pre-plan what was needed to do, to find out ways to correct what was done wrong last time and to finally create a vaccine.

P.S
I don't think mankind is hopeless either, eventually she will die...then they will be able to operate. The problem with her having "heaps and heaps" of babies is that there is a slight chance that the kid will not be immune.
"You just made my day"
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 27 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
334 posts

Oct 4, 2013

Where is this info coming from that others were immune?
This is utterly false.

The ONLY source for such a rumor is Joel, who is lying to Ellie.
The surgeon's recorder clearly states that they have operated on, and experimented with, various infected and stages of infection.  Ellie is the first person who is immune.

All of what I've said about the Fireflies and Marlene hold completely true.  They are idiots and monsters.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 27 (114 Views)
0 Likes