Survivor
2480 posts

Re: naughtydog vs rockstar

Jan 17, 2013

Darkai34 wrote:

stentryk wrote:

Roses are red, violets are blue, Rockstar sucks, and so do you

I hope you're kidding.

I hope we can agree that this guy, Haymakeraffair, should stop making useless thread?

And no, I've always thought R* has made crap games. Red Dead Redemption was good, though, but all their other games I stronly disliked.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 11 of 22 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Jan 17, 2013

stentryk wrote:

Darkai34 wrote:

stentryk wrote:

Roses are red, violets are blue, Rockstar sucks, and so do you

I hope you're kidding.

I hope we can agree that this guy, Haymakeraffair, should stop making useless thread?

And no, I've always thought R* has made crap games. Red Dead Redemption was good, though, but all their other games I stronly disliked.

well yes the hairmaker guys is annoying but I really like Rockstar's games, matter of opinion I guess.

UC3 FraggedNation Clan: >JV<
Message 12 of 22 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Jan 18, 2013

Not sure why ND decided to release TLoU close to GTA 5... we all know ND loves moneyyyyy, why are they doing that?

Message 13 of 22 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Jan 19, 2013
Iv actually never been a big fan of rockstar. They make good games, however i never feel anything when i played them, and i played red dead more for story then gameplay.

and no, i do not like GTA or Saints Row, iv played them both and i beat them both more out of completion than pleasure.

@rockstar, but hey if you want me to change my mind, make me a open world pirate game the size of skyrim... that will be all
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 14 of 22 (163 Views)
Survivor
2305 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

stentryk wrote:

Rockstar sucks.

No. Smiley Mad

[IMG]

Message 15 of 22 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Jan 19, 2013

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

stentryk wrote:

Rockstar sucks.

No. Smiley Mad

[IMG]

-_- opinions are different.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 16 of 22 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2305 posts

Jan 19, 2013

stentryk wrote:

Then how do they suck?

Message 17 of 22 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

stentryk wrote:

Then how do they suck?

This is getting off-topic, but for me, there was not really any incentive to play. Not for the gameplay or the story. GTA got really boring really fast. I thought Max Payne 3 was really boring too, both in gameplay and story and having played Uncharted, the controls were stiff and clunky. I ended up trading it in.

Having played Heavy Rain, I thought LA Noire was gonna be great, but it wasn't really my game either. I was dissapointed that there wasn't a "main plot" like in Heavy Rain, but you were solving many different cases.

RDR was different, though. The story was interesting and the world was great. I didn't play after I finished the story, though.

Message 18 of 22 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2305 posts

Jan 19, 2013

stentryk wrote:

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

stentryk wrote:

Then how do they suck?

This is getting off-topic, but for me, there was not really any incentive to play. Not for the gameplay or the story. GTA got really boring really fast. I thought Max Payne 3 was really boring too, both in gameplay and story and having played Uncharted, the controls were stiff and clunky. I ended up trading it in.

Having played Heavy Rain, I thought LA Noire was gonna be great, but it wasn't really my game either. I was dissapointed that there wasn't a "main plot" like in Heavy Rain, but you were solving many different cases.

RDR was different, though. The story was interesting and the world was great. I didn't play after I finished the story, though.

So the whole company sucks, but you like RDR... Smiley Indifferent

Plus, have you even played any of their old games? Max Payne 1 and 2, Manhunt 1 and 2.

Message 19 of 22 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Jan 19, 2013
Actually, Rockstar didn't develop LA Noire- Team Bondi did- Rockstar just published the game. Regardless, I generally agree with your points. Rockstar is very ambitious, but their games can be very frustrating, particularly with regards to controls. The control scheme in GTA and Read Dead is so unbelievably clunky . Shooting feels sluggish and even basic movement is really off- who in the development thought that continually pressing X to run was a good idea?
 photo 492afe7a-5d47-473d-9476-3a8036a31d5b_zps4955703f.jpg
Message 20 of 22 (133 Views)