First Son
11 posts

Re: "The Last of Us" - Will it really win Game of the Year? (VGA)

Jul 1, 2013

lol, I don't belive that GTA 5 can get "Game of the year" in VGA 2013, it's just game without good storyline (all GTA series) It's game for schoolchildren, who smashing crowd of pedestrians and laugh at it.  Of course GTA 5 can get "Best action game", but not "Game of the year". Game of the year should be emotionally powerful, with good characters, and interesting storyline. You know what I mean. 

Message 51 of 112 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jul 1, 2013

VaryagKRUZZZ wrote:

lol, I don't belive that GTA 5 can get "Game of the year" in VGA 2013, it's just game without good storyline (all GTA series) It's game for schoolchildren, who smashing crowd of pedestrians and laugh at it.  Of course GTA 5 can get "Best action game", but not "Game of the year". Game of the year should be emotionally powerful, with good characters, and interesting storyline. You know what I mean. 

Funny every GTA game since GTA 3 has gotten GOTY.

Message 52 of 112 (182 Views)
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

I think, this is proof that humanity degraded.

Message 53 of 112 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Jul 1, 2013

Zev_zevr wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

I think, this is proof that humanity degraded.

Degradation of humanity? Oh god, The Last of Us is beginning in real life!

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 54 of 112 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Jul 1, 2013

WinterEdit wrote:

Degradation of humanity? Oh god, The Last of Us is beginning in real life!

Tell you a secret, humanity can degrade in normal conditions, the Apocalypse for this purpose is not required.

Message 55 of 112 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2013

Zev_zevr wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Funny every GTA game since GTA 3 has gotten GOTY.

I think, this is proof that humanity degraded.

I'm surprised at how many people have a pretty close minded opinion about the GTA series. Since part 3, they have actually had pretty good stories. I've played / finished them all and loved them (I'm 30 now.)

Of course, not a single one has come close to the beautiful story told in "Red Dead Redemption." (GOTY 2010)

I have hope Rockstar brings that kind of emotional story telling to a GTA game one day. They tried it with GTAIV, but a lot of people found it too difficult to get attached to the main character. Maybe GTAV will have it? We'll see.

As I said in my OP, "The Last of Us" is hands down the "PS3 Game of the Year" winner, in my opinion.

Though, we still have "Beyond Two Souls" coming out in October.

As for overall "Game of the Year," TLOU is my personal choice so far. But, GTAV isn't here yet. And GTA games are not just some yearly release, they are an event. They are highly anticipated sandbox games with a good story (that never takes itself too seriously) and hours upon hours of replay value. That is why they are usually a shoe-in for GOTY.

I'm assuming 5 will take it too -- Especially if the story about the 3 characters has any kind of emotion that RDR had.

A lot of people already played "Telltale's The Walking Dead" last year. It won GOTY 2012. AND it was a multiplatform title.

"The Last of Us" is only similar by its older male character / young girl duo traversing through a post-apocalyptic world (and coming across different types of survivors.) That is where their similarities end. Both have completely different stories and gameplay.

Butthose similarities might just be enough to have some people (including the VGA judges)

to pass on giving TLOU overall "Game of the Yearin December. It's the whole "that was last year" mentality.

Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for TLOU right now. I've just had some time to really let the game sink in and am looking ahead at the next big titles at the end of the year.

Hell, "Watch_Dogs" may blow us all away and win it.

Time will tell.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 56 of 112 (145 Views)
Sackboy
564 posts

Jul 1, 2013

Ah... correct. Watch Dogs can be a surprise. I find it hard to believe the story is good in similar way to The Last of Us, but as an action-istic game it could be a splendid story. Considering Aiden Pearce (the main character, wink to everyone) appears to be a lone warrior.

I personally think that "The Most Anticipated Game" award can go to either Watch Dogs (due to new kind of gameplay, and one of the first next-gen games we've seen gameplay trailers of) or GTA V (just because it is such a huge title, and the trailers just seem to be much promising).

Top PS3 Game of the Year is absolutely going to The Last of Us. If it is something else I'll cry... although in second place I would like inFamous: Second Son, or something. (remember that Destiny is not an exclusive to PS3, it just treats it as one)

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 57 of 112 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Jul 1, 2013

WinterEdit wrote:

Ah... correct. Watch Dogs can be a surprise. I find it hard to believe the story is good in similar way to The Last of Us, but as an action-istic game it could be a splendid story. Considering Aiden Pearce (the main character, wink to everyone) appears to be a lone warrior.

I personally think that "The Most Anticipated Game" award can go to either Watch Dogs (due to new kind of gameplay, and one of the first next-gen games we've seen gameplay trailers of) or GTA V (just because it is such a huge title, and the trailers just seem to be much promising).

Top PS3 Game of the Year is absolutely going to The Last of Us. If it is something else I'll cry... although in second place I would like inFamous: Second Son, or something. (remember that Destiny is not an exclusive to PS3, it just treats it as one)

"Watch_Dogs" will be out before the VGA's in December. (It comes out in November.)

"Most Anticipated Game" award goes to a title releasing the following year. So the nominees will be games scheduled for 2014. (Probably PS4 / Xbox One titles. And I'd bet "Titanfall" takes it.)

"InFamous: Second Son" doesn't come out until next year, so it wouldn't be eligible for GOTY until 2014's awards (December 2014.)

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 58 of 112 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2013

I can't believe people are still trying to downplay the GTA franchise in 2013 lol.

It's the most anticipated game of the year, it will be the biggest selling, it's the last exclusive Blockbuster title for the PS360 consoles sales projection of over 15 million before the year ends.

Analysts are even speculating this title could slow adoption rates for PS4 & XB1 lol.

Message 59 of 112 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Jul 1, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

WinterEdit wrote:

"Watch_Dogs" will be out before the VGA's in December. (It comes out in November.)

"Most Anticipated Game" award goes to a title releasing the following year. So the nominees will be games scheduled for 2014. (Probably PS4 / Xbox One titles. And I'd bet "Titanfall" takes it.)

"InFamous: Second Son" doesn't come out until next year, so it wouldn't be eligible for GOTY until 2014's awards (December 2014.)

Oh, forgive me, this would be the actually first time I am interested of the Spike VGA, just because of the release of The Last of Us in this year. Thus I might appear as a complete newbie; my apologies.

Plus I had little to no idea of the actual release dates of e.g. inFamous. I thought it was going to be released in December or such, in the time of Christmas. However I did know Watch Dogs release date/month.

... I have no life.
Message 60 of 112 (126 Views)
0 Likes