Feb 17 2014
By: feedthemachine94 First Son 1 posts

"The Woods" level freeze.

2 replies 109 views Edited Feb 17, 2014
A few days ago I decided to play the last of us campaign again because I really loved it the first time around. But once I got to the chapter "The Woods" when Joel enters the warehouse after Bill rescues him, a black screen just stays on. I can press start, but if I skip, it freezes, and if I quit the game, it freezes. I've tried looking up a solution but there isn't any at all. I tried deleting data off my hardware, didn't work. I don't want to get a new disk since money is right. I keep tweeting at Naughty Dog for help but they won't answer of course. Can anyone please help me? Has this happened to anyone?
Message 1 of 3 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Re: "The Woods" level freeze.

Feb 17, 2014

It's happened to me, but it was a corrupted file, seeing as how you deleted all the data, that's not your case. Try cleaning your disc tray, and wiping the disc with a damp, clean cloth. Just remember, the slightest scratch on blu-ray discs wrecks them. See if that works, if it doesn't it's probably the disc.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 2 of 3 (103 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: "The Woods" level freeze.

May 13, 2014

Try this. Once you get the black screen pause the game. Click skip movie. Eject the disc. When you continue the game you should have skipped the cutscene. 

Message 3 of 3 (50 Views)
0 Likes