Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Re: "We're definately looking at more than 12 hours...

Mar 13, 2013

plaZeHD7 wrote:

stentryk wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

Just when I thought they will never screw anything up with this game, they confirmed that there will only be multi-player DLCs. **bleep**? Even games like Gears Of War has single-player DLCs.

NaughtyDog never do Singeplayer DLC. For good reason

And what is, this "good" reason?

It's expensive to do-  to make worthwhile singleplayer DLC you need to bring back the voice actors, record new mo-cap scenes, plus create new assets. Why not just put all that money and resources into making a brand new game?

photo 492afe7a-5d47-473d-9476-3a8036a31d5b_zps4955703f.jpg
Message 11 of 27 (281 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Mar 13, 2013

Did it take so long for Epic? No. I don't see any good reason for why they are not making single player DLCs

Message 12 of 27 (281 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Mar 13, 2013

NazzyQ wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

stentryk wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

Just when I thought they will never screw anything up with this game, they confirmed that there will only be multi-player DLCs. **bleep**? Even games like Gears Of War has single-player DLCs.

NaughtyDog never do Singeplayer DLC. For good reason

And what is, this "good" reason?

It's expensive to do-  to make worthwhile singleplayer DLC you need to bring back the voice actors, record new mo-cap scenes, plus create new assets. Why not just put all that money and resources into making a brand new game?

Didn't Naughty Dog make a or two co-op DLC/s for Uncharted 3?

Message 13 of 27 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11463 posts

Mar 13, 2013
^ co op =/= singleplayer

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 14 of 27 (268 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Mar 13, 2013

The only differnce between Co-op and Single-Player is the number of players, nothing else.

Message 15 of 27 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Mar 13, 2013

^ Are you insane? If you truly think SP and Co-op are all too similar besides player count. Then I don't know about anything anymore.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 16 of 27 (249 Views)
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

^ Are you insane? If you truly think SP and Co-op are all too similar besides player count. Then I don't know about anything anymore.

Then explain

Message 17 of 27 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Mar 14, 2013

plaZeHD7 wrote:

Nate3963 wrote:

Then explain

You're thinking of a co-operative version of the single player campaign.

Co-op, as demonstrated in Uncharted 2 and 3 for example, can also be various modes where you work with other players as a team to achieve a goal against computer-controlled enemies. For example, a popular one is something like "Arena", where waves of enemies come in to the map, and you have to kill them all as a team.

Message 18 of 27 (211 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Mar 14, 2013

calcunnon wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

Nate3963 wrote:

Then explain

Co-op, as demonstrated in Uncharted 2 and 3 for example, can also be various modes where you work with other players as a team to achieve a goal against computer-controlled enemies. For example, a popular one is something like "Arena", where waves of enemies come in to the map, and you have to kill them all as a team.

No, I am talking about single-player DLC. If Naughty Dog can make CO-OP campaign DLCs, why couldn't they make a single-player DLC?

Message 19 of 27 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

Mar 14, 2013

plaZeHD7 wrote:

calcunnon wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

Nate3963 wrote:

Then explain

No, I am talking about single-player DLC. If Naughty Dog can make CO-OP campaign DLCs, why couldn't they make a single-player DLC?

They can, but they don't want to because they want to give the whole campaign experience as one thing, so it can have a long, meaningful story. You can't do that with short DLC.

Co-op is something that has different standards, and story isn't very important there, so they can release new co-op DLC since it doesn't affect the quality of the campaign they've worked so hard on.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 20 of 27 (188 Views)