Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 05/24/2010
Offline
282 posts
 

Re: so what do you guys think of grounded mode?

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2014

I haven't play grounded yet, but all I do is try to quietly or quickly make it to the ladder.. if there aren't any enemies near the game will let you put Sam up there. I have only had to fight a few runners or Molotov the clickers

My big problem is once Sam and Ellie go out the door and you and Henry have to wait for then to open it . How do you get past that without using all your supplies?

Message 11 of 31 (431 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/25/2013
Online
857 posts
 

Re: so what do you guys think of grounded mode?

May 15, 2014

smurfmanx wrote:

I haven't play grounded yet, but all I do is try to quietly or quickly make it to the ladder.. if there aren't any enemies near the game will let you put Sam up there. I have only had to fight a few runners or Molotov the clickers

My big problem is once Sam and Ellie go out the door and you and Henry have to wait for then to open it . How do you get past that without using all your supplies?


A well placed molotov will kill at least 3 of them on impact, and some more may get killed from walking through the fire.

Clickers also sometimes drop 3 shotgun shells.

Casually wrecking some Masters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzUYC823CwI
Message 12 of 31 (406 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 05/15/2014
Offline
15 posts
 

Re: so what do you guys think of grounded mode?

May 15, 2014
The sewers was not hard at all. Grounded is all about stealth. Right after you enter the gate if you quietly cut to the right and take out that stalker then haul balls following the right side you can get to the ladder and climb up without having to kill anything else. And after that if you throw a molotov right as the clicker comes in you'll kill a few. Then smoke to stun. Then another smoke to stun. Door opens and you're out. Very simple. I've been stuck at the part on The Hunt for a week now where as Ellie you and David have to kill all the guys then the bloater that comes down. There's no way to run away. And it's glitches or something. Every time I throw a brick or bottle at a guy David will shoot them and cancel the stun so I can't knife them and I die. Literally every time. Or I'll throw it and right before it hits he shoots them so there's no stun from what I threw and I can't knife and die. It's ridiculous. Naughty Dog needs to patch that out. Making people die in 1 spot for a week straight because of a stupid technicality in timing that the player has no control over is ignorant. Either patch out the stun cancel or make David actually worth a **bleep**. I've had no complaints about this game since it came out. I love it. I'm the only person on my list who even has all the trophies. These last 2 grounded and I'm back to 100%. But you need to fix that nonsense. There's a thin line between overcoming an obstacle and just being screwed by a system that's set up to make you fail. It's not cool Naughty Dog. Fix it.
Message 13 of 31 (394 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/25/2013
Online
857 posts
 

Re: so what do you guys think of grounded mode?

May 15, 2014

god2kill_ wrote:
The sewers was not hard at all. Grounded is all about stealth. Right after you enter the gate if you quietly cut to the right and take out that stalker then haul balls following the right side you can get to the ladder and climb up without having to kill anything else. And after that if you throw a molotov right as the clicker comes in you'll kill a few. Then smoke to stun. Then another smoke to stun. Door opens and you're out. Very simple. I've been stuck at the part on The Hunt for a week now where as Ellie you and David have to kill all the guys then the bloater that comes down. There's no way to run away. And it's glitches or something. Every time I throw a brick or bottle at a guy David will shoot them and cancel the stun so I can't knife them and I die. Literally every time. Or I'll throw it and right before it hits he shoots them so there's no stun from what I threw and I can't knife and die. It's ridiculous. Naughty Dog needs to patch that out. Making people die in 1 spot for a week straight because of a stupid technicality in timing that the player has no control over is ignorant. Either patch out the stun cancel or make David actually worth a **bleep**. I've had no complaints about this game since it came out. I love it. I'm the only person on my list who even has all the trophies. These last 2 grounded and I'm back to 100%. But you need to fix that nonsense. There's a thin line between overcoming an obstacle and just being screwed by a system that's set up to make you fail. It's not cool Naughty Dog. Fix it.

I killed that Bloater with a single molotov. Nothing else. It helped that it just kept standing in the fire. I've never had the problem you're describing though. But you can try hiding behind David, and when one of the infected grabs him, quickly move in for the 1 hit knife kill before he pushes it back.

Casually wrecking some Masters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzUYC823CwI
Message 14 of 31 (375 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
6978 posts
 

Re: so what do you guys think of grounded mode?

May 15, 2014

Lathiel- wrote:

smurfmanx wrote:

I haven't play grounded yet, but all I do is try to quietly or quickly make it to the ladder.. if there aren't any enemies near the game will let you put Sam up there. I have only had to fight a few runners or Molotov the clickers

My big problem is once Sam and Ellie go out the door and you and Henry have to wait for then to open it . How do you get past that without using all your supplies?


A well placed molotov will kill at least 3 of them on impact, and some more may get killed from walking through the fire.

Clickers also sometimes drop 3 shotgun shells.


I don't remember any of the infected dropping anything for me at all in that whole sequence, which is what made it hard, I literally kept dying cuz I had absolutely ZERO things to defend myself with after a while.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 15 of 31 (367 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 05/15/2014
Offline
15 posts
 

Re: so what do you guys think of grounded mode?

May 15, 2014
You misunderstood. The bloater wasn't the problem. That dood is butter. It was all the infected prior to him. Reread what I wrote and focus on the knife stun part and you will better grasp the dilemma that I faced. I did beat it about an hour ago. After he says you're doing fine and the next wave comes I cut down the hall you came from, killed the single infected that comes down, then took them out as they came through the bottleneck. The stun cancel and knife issue is still something that needs to be addressed with a patch. It's not a terribly hard sequence to complete. But the fact that David can shoot the infected as you are trying to knife them and screw you over time and time again is not copacetic.
Message 16 of 31 (365 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/10/2011
Offline
2023 posts
 

Re: so what do you guys think of grounded mode?

May 15, 2014

sanddude20 wrote:


I don't remember any of the infected dropping anything for me at all in that whole sequence, which is what made it hard, I literally kept dying cuz I had absolutely ZERO things to defend myself with after a while.


Same here. I had to rely mostly on the few bricks/bottles that were scarcely scattered around the map

young beard signature
Message 17 of 31 (351 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/25/2013
Online
857 posts
 

Re: so what do you guys think of grounded mode?

May 15, 2014

I like how you completely ignore the part that DOES help, and then say I'm not helping you.

Casually wrecking some Masters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzUYC823CwI
Message 18 of 31 (346 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 05/15/2014
Offline
15 posts
 

Re: so what do you guys think of grounded mode?

May 15, 2014
I never said you weren't helping me. Did you read those words? If so then you have a serious learning disability. That's the 2nd time you've read my comment and interpreted it in a completely wrong fashion. But if you want to get all up in arms about it... hiding behind David? Really? Not only is that a stupid suggestion, but an absolutely simple solution that I had already tried. I don't mean to sound rude... but then again I guess I do. In any event... I beat it. Thanks for your pseudo help. It was... insightful?... Stay in school. Hugs not drugs. Common sense obviously isn't as common as one would expect.
Message 19 of 31 (337 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/20/2013
Offline
151 posts
 

Re: so what do you guys think of grounded mode?

May 17, 2014
This grounded mode makes me very very VERY angry
I wouldn't touch you with a broomstick.
Message 20 of 31 (272 Views)
Reply
0 Likes